RELEASED: Build 35.26

RobertJohnson

10 hours ago, steiger said:

I haven't done the requisite leg work to say for certain, but it might be the case that coal you've already found on existing maps are always going to be coal. 

New bags you find will be charcoal.  Either that or you would need to start a new game.

Yes, it's not a simple rename, I had to change the item Coal for the Charcoal one, so it'll only work on new finding objects, sorry :(

7 hours ago, Joosy69 said:

Did something to the IWBUMS beta?  I opened my PZ today and it's back to 34.28.  I went into the Steam client to redo the beta password thing, and i launched the 'iwillbackupmysave' again, but PZ still loads the old version.

EDIT: oh, nevermind.  I restarted the Steam client, and then it downloaded the 35.22b version again.  But that was kinda weird.

Yeah i had the same problem, probably steam issue :/

Also will there be any changes to the current traits? I know I saw a trait balance thread but nothing have happend ever since and it has been ages :D

I would love to have the All thumbs trait be balanced, it's waaay too slow O_o

Well,  The end of the road for Paul Jones.

WHAT A RUSH!!!!!!!!   that game mode deserves some more attention.

i died because two simple things, my barricades were destroyed finally and i lost sound so i didn't noticed zombies attacking my until it was too late..  nevertheless pure addrenaline!!!!

from my 15 day surviving i went on and kept shooting at them until my last canned food, then i actually got away and gathered more supplys only to meet my end and 19 days 19 hours and 5,324 zombies later... (plus 3 burned to ashes hords B| ohhh yeah...

helluva way to die Jones, helluva way to die.

this game is amazing.

10 hours ago, Miguel Arce said:

Well,  The end of the road for Paul Jones.

WHAT A RUSH!!!!!!!!   that game mode deserves some more attention.

i died because two simple things, my barricades were destroyed finally and i lost sound so i didn't noticed zombies attacking my until it was too late..  nevertheless pure addrenaline!!!!

from my 15 day surviving i went on and kept shooting at them until my last canned food, then i actually got away and gathered more supplys only to meet my end and 19 days 19 hours and 5,324 zombies later... (plus 3 burned to ashes hords B| ohhh yeah...

helluva way to die Jones, helluva way to die.

this game is amazing.

Oh my the frame rate is terrible, to be fair though that's just how it is no matter the computer with a very large horde like that one. Little bit off topic but are there any plans or idea's on how to optimize large numbers of zombies on screen at once while maintaining decent frame rates? I have a quad core processor overclocked to 3.8GHz, a GTX 970, 8GB of ram and an SSD and even I cant maintain anything above 20FPS when in the presence of a reasonably large group of zombies.

27 minutes ago, Joshnpk said:

Oh my the frame rate is terrible, to be fair though that's just how it is no matter the computer with a very large horde like that one. Little bit off topic but are there any plans or idea's on how to optimize large numbers of zombies on screen at once while maintaining decent frame rates? I have a quad core processor overclocked to 3.8GHz, a GTX 970, 8GB of ram and an SSD and even I cant maintain anything above 20FPS when in the presence of a reasonably large group of zombies.

I have the same problem in huge hordes of Zombies (only admin spawned in mega-hordes). I'm running an i5 6600k, GTX970, 16gig DDR4, and a Samsung Evo 950 SSD. 

In normal 'hordes' or at the mall normally (not the challenge) it runs smooth. 

53 minutes ago, Joshnpk said:

I assume one day TIS is going to have to find a way to render a portion of the horde as static images (only the edges individual models) or limit the maximum number of zombies that can be present on the screen to a more reasonable number, unless other optimizations can be made.

Once you get into a thousand-or-two zombies, performance starts to go to hell, no matter the computer.

7 hours ago, Joshnpk said:

Yes, the first time i had to take care of the horde outside, it was a horde from 15 days, it was much much bigger, i had to use some memory and process tweaking for the game not to crash, i shooted at them but the game didn't registered the shot the rifle remained fully loaded, no zombie died, thats why i had to go outside and burn that first horde.   I think there is something to look at at the sound engine as it was common issue when i got outside to loose sound.

i am using a i7 2600k and no graphics card, the framerate always suffers a bit when i record the game (obs) and before the tweaks i got app hangs when to many zombies are on the screen, and specially when you get them on fire.

@RobertJohnson

Some issues with the build:

-New farm area does not exist in the map (playing on a fresh map generation for new IWBUMS build on multiplayer)

-You can pick up half an arcade machine

-The key issue with some building still occurs where not every exterior door works with a key. I am convinced this is intentional at this point, however it makes no sense as while said doors are most likely to be left unlocked they still have the capability to be locked (see police stations as an obvious example for this, and courthouse, and the firestation.)

In my opinion I don't think any of these exterior doors should not have the ability to be locked as it just doesn't make sense. Especially for such official buildings (even that community center) there is no chance in reality that those doors would not be built with the ability to lock.

Edited by Kim Jong Un

Build IWBUMS 35.23:

[New]
Added a highlight color picker in the option, choose what color your highlited container will be
When adding someone to a faction he'll have an invitation which he can accept or refuse
Added a "See Faction List" for admin, they can see/edit any factions created
Added a "See Safehouse List" for admin, they can teleport to it to admin it
Added a "Teleport to You" button for admins in the scoreboard
Changed the way buttons appears on the scoreboard (wasn't having enough space for all buttons)
Added sound icons instead of [voice] and [mute] over player's head
Added "Tickets" system:
Players can send a ticket to admins from their user panel (escape menu)
Admins can answer or delete them, player will be able to see the answer
Faction tag now must be unique
Added new foraging/trapping zone around March Ridge and Roosewood
New Farming area between Rosewood and March Ridge

[Balance]
Polished some of the admin UI (background transparency, x/y, size...)
Polished the Faction UI

[Bug Fix]
Fixed not being able to add faction player
Fixed admin message not working (teleport issue)
Fixed various crash (highlight issue)
Fixed changing your MP text color also changing your nickname color
Fixed "Invite Friends" and "Admin Panel" button being mixed up in the escape menu
Fixed model loader wrong parameters
Added "sendpulse" command back for Admins

17 minutes ago, RobertJohnson said:

Build IWBUMS 35.23:

[New]
Added a highlight color picker in the option, choose what color your highlited container will be
When adding someone to a faction he'll have an invitation which he can accept or refuse
Added a "See Faction List" for admin, they can see/edit any factions created
Added a "See Safehouse List" for admin, they can teleport to it to admin it
Added a "Teleport to You" button for admins in the scoreboard
Changed the way buttons appears on the scoreboard (wasn't having enough space for all buttons)
Added sound icons instead of [voice] and [mute] over player's head
Added "Tickets" system:
Players can send a ticket to admins from their user panel (escape menu)
Admins can answer or delete them, player will be able to see the answer
Faction tag now must be unique
Added new foraging/trapping zone around March Ridge and Roosewood
New Farming area between Rosewood and March Ridge

[Balance]
Polished some of the admin UI (background transparency, x/y, size...)
Polished the Faction UI

[Bug Fix]
Fixed not being able to add faction player
Fixed admin message not working (teleport issue)
Fixed various crash (highlight issue)
Fixed changing your MP text color also changing your nickname color
Fixed "Invite Friends" and "Admin Panel" button being mixed up in the escape menu
Fixed model loader wrong parameters
Added "sendpulse" command back for Admins

What about this? https://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php?app=tcbugtracker&module=tracker&controller=issues&id=387

It was a new feature and doesn't work...

@RobertJohnson, remarks for the translations !

I noticed a line with a probable typo : "IGU_FactionUI_QuitSafeConfirm = "Are you really sure you want to leave this faction?", - it should be IGUI.

Question: are we going to get something to translate the Rosewood spawn point presentation?

Cheers :)

12 hours ago, Teesee said:

@RobertJohnson, remarks for the translations !

I noticed a line with a probable typo : "IGU_FactionUI_QuitSafeConfirm = "Are you really sure you want to leave this faction?", - it should be IGUI.

Question: are we going to get something to translate the Rosewood spawn point presentation?

Cheers :)

@Teesee

Ahah, yeah I saw this UI but was too lazy to change it :D

About Rosewood: you need to create a folder "Rosewood, KY" in your FR translation folder (you'll see there's already a Muldraugh and Westpoint one), then add a description.txt in there.

Muldraugh file looks like this:

Muldraugh - 3566 habitants <LINE> <LINE> Muldraugh est une petite ville dans une zone plus connue sous le nom de ‘Knox Country’, un coin perdu dans l’état du Kentucky. Elle a été créée en tant que ville de garnison, mais accueille désormais des personnes de toutes origines sociales : des travailleurs des plus grandes villes voisines, les familles de militaires ou d’autres personnes vivant sous le seuil de pauvreté. <LINE> <LINE> C'est un petit endroit, rempli de gens bien, sans oublier le restaurant Spiffo's qui sert le meilleur poulet et les meilleurs biscuits de tout le Kentucky ! Évidemment, il ne se passe pas grand chose ici, mais ça ne veut pas dire que la vie à Muldraugh est ennuyeuse.

@Blasted_Taco: yup, it's this, it should all be zoned tho, so foraging/trapping!

6 hours ago, Batsphinx said:

That image was a WIP one still though I think, so there might be a few extras?

From my exploration, that seems to be what we got unless there might be some hidden cabins somewhere.

Anywho, good job! I thought the large white buildings were just storage units but boy was I surprised to see what they really were! That definitely adds an interesting aspect to scavenging that area.

8 hours ago, RobertJohnson said:

@Teesee

Ahah, yeah I saw this UI but was too lazy to change it :D

About Rosewood: you need to create a folder "Rosewood, KY" in your FR translation folder (you'll see there's already a Muldraugh and Westpoint one), then add a description.txt in there.

Muldraugh file looks like this:

Reveal hidden contents

Muldraugh - 3566 habitants <LINE> <LINE> Muldraugh est une petite ville dans une zone plus connue sous le nom de ‘Knox Country’, un coin perdu dans l’état du Kentucky. Elle a été créée en tant que ville de garnison, mais accueille désormais des personnes de toutes origines sociales : des travailleurs des plus grandes villes voisines, les familles de militaires ou d’autres personnes vivant sous le seuil de pauvreté. <LINE> <LINE> C'est un petit endroit, rempli de gens bien, sans oublier le restaurant Spiffo's qui sert le meilleur poulet et les meilleurs biscuits de tout le Kentucky ! Évidemment, il ne se passe pas grand chose ici, mais ça ne veut pas dire que la vie à Muldraugh est ennuyeuse.

Thanks! Should I leave it to IGU instead of correcting to IGUI then?

Okay for the description, I thought there was an auto-generated file for these as I wasn't the translator when the descriptions for Muld and WP came out. I'll do that!

I'm thinking maybe it was a miss on the zoning in the new farmhouse area?

Getting no forage option through that area. Also, no exterior zombies anywhere near the farms, only by the highways or west towards the awesome little lumber yard.

Also did a little wandering and the new road section from near pony roam-o to south of the house on the lake does not line up properly.

Spoiler

20161126162614_1.jpg

I am also so happy to see an actual big lake, in stead of little dinky ponds.

Spoiler

20161206153506_1.jpg

Big Lake is BIG!