RELEASED: Build 35.26

RobertJohnson

Build IWBUMS 35.22: (aka, the polishing build 1.0)

[New]
Added a "Known Recipes" on the crafting UI, showing total recipes you can do and how many left to discover

[Balance]
Added cigarettes drop on zombie corpse
Changed cigarettes weight from 0.1 to 0.005 (meaning 20 cigs will weight 0.1)
Removed starting injuries for now
Changed "Rip sheets" into "Rip Clothing"
Added herbalist mag to mailbox loot distribution

[Bug Fix]
Fixed typo (Roosewood)
Missing ContextMenu_FoodType_Tea translation
Fixed paperclip's weight parameter
Add Rosewood spawn point in existing server spawn region file
Fixed some crashs due to faction
Added missing translation in the faction UI
Replaced Coal by Charcoal
Fixed the double Rotten info on dough item
[MP] Invisible players won't trigger traps anymore
Fixed cutting fishes making fish fillet weight 0.2 everytime
Fixed null pointer with Body Damage
Fixed bug when farming plot with bare hands
Fixed world filler being painted if you paint their container
Made info UI more black (less transparent) and always bring them to top (to avoid it being stucked behind crafting UI e.g)
Fixed a bug inb the metalwork menu (containers option not appearing sometimes)
Refill foraging zone when doing the right click to forage (fix wrong info on emptyness of the foraging zone)
Fixed showing what berry was poisonous when doing an evolved recipes including berries
Fixed poisonous berries not appearing in MP
+ other small stuff I didn't bother to add here :(

Nice fix on the poisonous berry issue. Does this mean that we can't figure out which berry AND mushroom is poisonous each game by simply putting multiples of the same one into a recipe?

Also, as long as I have been playing, I didn't even know mailboxes were containers, or had loot in them lol.

39 minutes ago, RobertJohnson said:

Build IWBUMS 35.22: (aka, the polishing build 1.0)

+ other small stuff I didn't bother to add here :(

have you considered the column sizes of the inventory menu?  the item column always display lenghty values as the type column only displays single words.

Here is a question for the developers:

I have an ongoing you have one day and about the 15th day the horde is so big that to set zombies on fire is no longer posible.

i dont know if this is a sound library issue (the fmod that makes the game hang), or its a procesor and resources thing, i just moved my savegame to a 4 cores, 4 threads procesor computer and i can "play" a little longer once the fire start, but it hangs just the same.   i left the game do its calculations etc and the procesor usage is at 30% for projectzomboid.exe, but the memory usage gets to 3 gb and keep slowly rising... 

do i gain anything by letting the game continue to work when it has reached this state or once it gets hung there is no point in letting it run.

i ocationaly get a "sound" from the game that indicates me its actually trying to continue... giving me hope xD

if its a sound issue, is there a way to start the game with the sound engine disabled?

Edited by Miguel Arce

2 hours ago, Miguel Arce said:

have you considered the column sizes of the inventory menu?  the item column always display lenghty values as the type column only displays single words.

This can be manually resized with the arrow in the corner of the inventory frame and/or dragging the column divider

Edited by trombonaught

2 hours ago, Moose65 said:

Also, as long as I have been playing, I didn't even know mailboxes were containers, or had loot in them lol.

I think this was a fairly recent addition, i.e. added since the last stable release.  They help a great deal when searching for recipe books.

Nice update RJ !! hmm if you have some time to check for the freezer/rotten food glitch as well for a next update ?
just wondering how the cigarettes drop rarity is setting up? because after 200 zombies killed i didn't find any (created a new game for this update and playing on  extremely rare loot settings)

Edited by NagashUD

5 hours ago, RobertJohnson said:

Changed cigarettes weight from 0.1 to 0.005 (meaning 20 cigs will weight 0.1)
Removed starting injuries for now
Changed "Rip sheets" into "Rip Clothing"
Added herbalist mag to mailbox loot distribution

YESSSS!! finally a win for the smokers. and no server hopping to find herbalist haha... THANK YOU RJ

4 hours ago, trombonaught said:

This can be manually resized with the arrow in the corner of the inventory frame and/or dragging the column divider

Yes, but everytime you resize the inventory box, the "category" column gets more space than the "item" column, so you have to manually resize it for the item column being wider than the category column.  And as i said before, the item column shows a more info (item's names and their number) and the category column only displays one word (food, ammo, weapon, item, reading, etc), and when there is suficient space it shows buttons like grab one, grab all, drop, etc.. which most gameplays i have seen are not used, they just drag the item to the floor, or right-click to select the proper action.

17 minutes ago, Miguel Arce said:

Yes, but everytime you resize the inventory box, the "category" column gets more space than the "item" column, so you have to manually resize it for the item column being wider than the category column.  And as i said before, the item column shows a more info (item's names and their number) and the category column only displays one word (food, ammo, weapon, item, reading, etc), and when there is suficient space it shows buttons like grab one, grab all, drop, etc.. which most gameplays i have seen are not used, they just drag the item to the floor, or right-click to select the proper action.

L5Gi11U.png

Enjoy!

Is anyone having a problem with a MP server crashing with this update? Can't get ours to load up, it just keeps crashing when you start it. Also if there is a problem, is there a way to revert back to 35.22?

Edited by Bob Kelso

7 minutes ago, ditoseadio said:

L5Gi11U.png

Enjoy!

Hola Ditoseadio, en efecto sé que es posible ajustar el tamaño de las columnas de esa forma, el problema es que cuando necesitas reubicarlas por el ángulo de acción del juego, para que no te estorbe al ver automáticamente la columna Categoría obtiene más espacio que la columna tipo y es necesario estar re ajustándolo de esa forma  constantemente.

7 minutes ago, Miguel Arce said:

Hola Ditoseadio, en efecto sé que es posible ajustar el tamaño de las columnas de esa forma, el problema es que cuando necesitas reubicarlas por el ángulo de acción del juego, para que no te estorbe al ver automáticamente la columna Categoría obtiene más espacio que la columna tipo y es necesario estar re ajustándolo de esa forma  constantemente.

No he comprendido lo que quieres decir, pero si te refieres a que cuando cambias el tamaño de las pantallas del inventario el tamaño de las columnas se cambia, es normal por una simple cuestión de recolocación.

De todos modos tampoco creo que estés cambiando el tamaño de las ventanas del inventario cada dos por tres para que sea una molestia esto...

1 minute ago, ditoseadio said:

No he comprendido lo que quieres decir, pero si te refieres a que cuando cambias el tamaño de las pantallas del inventario el tamaño de las columnas se cambia, es normal por una simple cuestión de recolocación.

De todos modos tampoco creo que estés cambiando el tamaño de las ventanas del inventario cada dos por tres para que sea una molestia esto...

Hola, lo que quiero decir es que cuando reubicas alguna de las ventanas de inventario ( principalmente la del loot) los tamaños predeterminados de las columnas son tales que la columna donde están el nombre de los artículos y su número es mucho menor que la columna los tipos de artículos.   

No es realmente un bug, es una incomodidad, especialmente cuando estás lidiando con una escena muy movida como cuando estás escapando de zombies, o guiando una horda, etc.   Claro que para básicamente todo lo demás tramás, agricultura, no es tan relevante, pero cuando tienes eventos que atender que pueden ser a la derecha o la izquierda, de tu pantalla y necesitas usar más campo visual, necesitas reacomodar esas ventanas donde no estorben,  y eso implica tener que reajustar su longitud en el momento menos indicado.

Well, after some time tweaking my OS freeing some resources and some various java-memory tweaks that i found on the net i managed to continue my you have one day :) i burned the zombies and got away with it... 

i have to run the zomboid with the executable with steam disabled and steam aplication stopped, antivirus stopped, any other program closed and that helped a lot...

here it is

1 hour ago, Miguel Arce said:

Well, after some time tweaking my OS freeing some resources and some various java-memory tweaks that i found on the net i managed to continue my you have one day :) i burned the zombies and got away with it... 

i have to run the zomboid with the executable with steam disabled and steam aplication stopped, antivirus stopped, any other program closed and that helped a lot...

here it is

You are one die hard gamer :P i like it :P.

41 minutes ago, ShuiYin said:

You are one die hard gamer :P i like it :P.

:D  thank you.  

That game mode is anything but of AWESOME.  you really feel the intensity of a zombie siege and

the many things that happened to me...    WOW i still can't believe i actually got away.  i think i only have

a couple of meals left, broken leg, no more "stay awake" pills, no much ammo left... that is what makes this game

the best game i have ever played.   

2 hours ago, Miguel Arce said:

here it is

I got to day 13 too because i found a sledgehammer and took out the stairs of the floor below the apartments.

Then by day 9 my FPS started to die, by day 13 my game became a power point presentation, kudos to you for pulling it off and throwing a molotov, i died the moment i tried to step in my floating floors.

The only way to survive this mode is to be nomad and by 6 AM be moving around to some other place, you really cant establish a base in this game mode.

I should give it a try again someday.

Edited by Blasted_Taco
Odio poner razones para editar

37 minutes ago, Blasted_Taco said:

I got to day 13 too because i found a sledgehammer and took out the stairs of the floor below the apartments.

Then by day 9 my FPS started to die, by day 13 my game became a power point presentation, kudos to you for pulling it off and throwing a molotov, i died the moment i tried to step in my floating floors.

The only way to survive this mode is to be nomad and by 6 AM be moving around to some other place, you really cant establish a base in this game mode.

I should give it a try again someday.

Where did you found the sledge???

That would have made my game a lot easier.  i have never found it and kind of accepted there was no sledge in this map.

So i went for the siege resistance mode. 

i made my base and created a very precuse "shoping list" trying to maximice my 24 hours.  Other thing that i never get is a clock nor a watch. :(

1 hour ago, Miguel Arce said:

Where did you found the sledge???

That would have made my game a lot easier.  i have never found it and kind of accepted there was no sledge in this map.

So i went for the siege resistance mode. 

i made my base and created a very precuse "shoping list" trying to maximice my 24 hours.  Other thing that i never get is a clock nor a watch. :(

It was in the firsts versions of the challenge mode, i think something bugged out there but my character had it after i picked up a normal hammer and i was like "wot".

Also there are no watches or clocks in the challenge?

I wonder if that is because there hasnt been an update on the challenge mode or its because of some balance issue there.

I am going for the former and say that the watch/clocks arent in the loot tables.

Edited by Blasted_Taco

20 minutes ago, Blasted_Taco said:

Also there are no watches or clocks in the challenge?

I wonder if that is because there hasnt been an update on the challenge mode or its because of some balance issue there.

I am going for the former and say that the watch/clocks arent in the loot tables.

No, its because i don't enter houses nor bedrooms and i kill only the "have-to" zombies during the first 24. 

i only do houses if i am an engineer searching for bengals in kitchens, aluminum foil or radios to dismantle for the aluminum or if i don't get any bags at spawn.

i prefer the aerosol bombs, they kill faster and that way i don't let their numbers to get so massive. Molotovs are very dangerous specially with large hordes so i kind of leave it for my last play.

On 21/11/2016 at 6:26 PM, RobertJohnson said:

Added cigarettes drop on zombie corpse

0.1 on Distribution isn't that too low ?
hmmm i'm not sure cigs are dropped, i put abundant loot settings  also the lucky trait and after +300 zombies killed i didn't find any but i found anything else droppable, did someone find some ? or the probability is too low, or it has a glitch somewhere :/

Edited by NagashUD

Hello :) I have an issue with highlight color (it started in IWBUMS 35.22).

In the beginning everything is fine:

pz_highlight_color_bug1.jpg

Then I found that books and other items on shelves are always fully visible, even in the dark:

pz_highlight_color_bug2.jpg

After some time my highlight color is black:
pz_highlight_color_bug3.jpg

Oh, btw... This is my first post, so... Hi everybody :D Good luck TIS and thank you for an amazing game ^_^

Edited by Veeroos