RELEASED: Build 35.26

RobertJohnson

8 minutes ago, Moose65 said:

Wait.......they never fixed the fishing from higher floors bug? lol that's great. I wonder if spear fishing works from the 2nd floor.....

I wouldn't consider it a bug by any means. People fish from higher levels (such as boardwalks) all the time. It's one of the many nice things about fishing with a line and rod. I would consider it a bug if you couldn't fish from the second floor this way, as it's completely possible and even normal to do so.

However, if the spearfishing works from above I would clearly consider it a bug but that seems pretty obvious.

Edited by Kuren

1 minute ago, Kuren said:

I wouldn't consider it a bug by any means. People fish from higher levels, such as boardwalks, all the time. It's one of the many nice things about fishing with a line and rod. I would consider it a bug if you couldn't fish from the second floor this way as it's completely possible and even normal to do so.

However, if the spearfishing works from above I would clearly consider it a bug but that seems pretty obvious.

Yeah, I figured second floor would be ok, but I was also guessing spear fishing would be coded the same way, and that you could probably also fish from 4+ floors too.

4 hours ago, josko_91 said:

Sooo many zombies in Roosewood now! I have killed over 1050 zombies and there is still some more, would have been nice if roosewood had low amound of zombies

In what difficulty you're playing?

3 hours ago, pershgn said:

The Rosewood spawn point doesn't seem to work in quick co-op, works fine for both of us in single player though.

What do you mean? You host a game, join it and you can't select Rosewood?

4 hours ago, Strats said:

More of a question, but will existing lore in the game (i.e; radio broadcasts) be modified to include the two new town areas?

yeah there seems to be some patches with the broadcasts (like presumably we'll be able to spawn in louisville from the start yet lorewise it isn't part of the exclusion zone for a few days)

would like to see it get gradually upgraded/modified to fit new areas etc etc as development goes on

3 hours ago, hunger john said:

yeah there seems to be some patches with the broadcasts (like presumably we'll be able to spawn in louisville from the start yet lorewise it isn't part of the exclusion zone for a few days)

would like to see it get gradually upgraded/modified to fit new areas etc etc as development goes on

I probably will do this at some point, but only when the map is more fully-fledged - and I won't change the actual details of what happens. Just more locations will be mentioned.

When it comes to Louisville I was thinking we could do something clever when it comes to the actual days on the infection timeline that you're allowed to start on - when it comes to 'official' stuff outside player-chosen Sandbox settings anyway. We have some ideas on ways to keep players in the current PZ map before the exclusion zone border falls. 

3 hours ago, Batsphinx said:

When it comes to Louisville I was thinking we could do something clever when it comes to the actual days on the infection timeline that you're allowed to start on - when it comes to 'official' stuff outside player-chosen Sandbox settings anyway. We have some ideas on ways to keep players in the current PZ map before the exclusion zone border falls. 

Just what i was expecting to hear :-D

8 hours ago, RobertJohnson said:

What do you mean? You host a game, join it and you can't select Rosewood?

Yes, exactly, Rosewood does not appear in the list of available spawns with Muldraugh and West Point. 

This is hosting or joining quick co-op.

Edited by pershgn

Just an observation about the smoker trait :
playing with extremely rare loot settings, then i realised that is almost impossible to find any on Muldraugh/Rosewood; also cigarettes are not on zombie loot drops, gretting really frustrating after days ingame; those towns are no smoker, already talked about before about the cig loot drop but nothing has changed. So i'm stuck playing on Westpoint to hopefully get some (3 packs of 20 if i'm lucky) as well the cigarettes weight is too hight, 40 cigs are more heavy than a crowbar ...

3 minutes ago, NagashUD said:

Just an observation about the smoker trait :
playing with extremely rare loot settings, then i realised that is almost impossible to find any on Muldraugh/Rosewood; also cigarettes are not on zombie loot drops, gretting really frustrating after days ingame; those towns are no smoker, already talked about before about the cig loot drop but nothing has changed. So i'm stuck playing on Westpoint to hopefully get some (3 packs of 20 if i'm lucky) as well the cigarettes weight is too hight, 40 cigs are more heavy than a crowbar ...

Yeah cig weight is a bit off + have never found any that weren't in storage units or wardrobes

6 minutes ago, RobertJohnson said:

@Kim Jong Un You're trying to play on Rosewood? Error is quite weird, shouldn't happen... It is your server?

About cigs, I'll take a look, thanks :)

It would be possible to add the % info of foraging to fishing? :)

Why isn't found the herbalist magazine in the mailboxes like the other ones? It's too difficult to find... :(

5 minutes ago, ditoseadio said:

Agree indeed,
but for the % foraging, a trait should maybe be required to be able to see it ? dunno seems weird for me on the actual state  ( i can be wrong too )

"Why isn't found the herbalist magazine in the mailboxes like the other ones? " i didn't even know this one exist :D

Edited by NagashUD

23 minutes ago, ditoseadio said:

Why isn't found the herbalist magazine in the mailboxes like the other ones? It's too difficult to find... :(

ive found it once or twice, but ive server hopped several times with this character (hit 10k kills the other day!), and no herbalist. id like to know if anyone has a definitive list of "fishing" locations, as I only know of the convenience store spawn, but apparently it spawns in fishing sheds. garages have a different loot table.

1 minute ago, critical jim said:

ive found it once or twice, but ive server hopped several times with this character (hit 10k kills the other day!), and no herbalist. id like to know if anyone has a definitive list of "fishing" locations, as I only know of the convenience store spawn, but apparently it spawns in fishing sheds. garages have a different loot table.

ok thanks for info !

6 hours ago, RobertJohnson said:

@Kim Jong Un You're trying to play on Rosewood? Error is quite weird, shouldn't happen... It is your server?

About cigs, I'll take a look, thanks :)

It was indeed an issue with my custom spawns,  a comma had made it's way in where there wasn't supposed to be one.

---

My new issue seems to be that the doors to the firestation do not lock/unlock and some cabinets have their items disappearing when I take them.

Edited by Kim Jong Un

While RJ is going through the bug list I'm compiling a doc of micro-tasks and new stuff polish that needs to go into the current 35 build that aren't clear bugs.

So stuff like (scanning back through these past few pages) cigarette item spawns, making new items like arcade cabinets movable and a fishing %.

If anything like this occurs to you, please shout it out. Thanks!