RELEASED: Build 35.26

RobertJohnson

20 hours ago, steiger said:

Ok, I just encountered this -- the zombie became a crawler, I backed up and swung, as there were other zombies approaching.  It looks like he got back up, lost his balance and is now forever standing atop a banana peel . . .  I can pound on him all day to make fountains of blood, doesn't seem to do anything else though.

pzombie4.png

i experienced this glitch prior to the beta.

On 11/10/2016 at 8:17 AM, CaptKaspar said:

I'm not sure there is a use for empty tin cans yet, but hopefully in the future we can set up tin can traps to make noise of approaching zombies/players.

Cool idea, empty tin cans, could be used with some rocks and some rope/twine/electric wire to make some kind of survivalist alarm system while sleeping in the wilderness.

crafting it could be something like puting rocks in the empty tin can, and making a perimeter so you can place your tent and sleep without surprises.

some feedback on building as a newbie.

i was building my logs wall (for the first time around) here are some thoughts that kind of crossed my mind while doing it.

transporting the logs is a very time consuming task, so i quickly figured out that logs can be made into stacks for weight reduction, and that around 6 stacked logs could be placed inside big hiking bags, so if i used my primary for one big hiking bag, my secondary for another and my back i could transport a total of 18 logs, plus what i can carry in my main inventory,  which makes makes the trip good for 4 - 5 log walls, per trip.

First problem that i found is that i had a ton of sheet ropes, and very little ripped sheets, i kind of asumed that sheet ropes would be good for making the log staks but only rope can be used for it, and that is a very specific placed and not abundant item to find, i went around everywhere searching for rope until i had around 20. 

Second problem i had is that the log wall doesn't use sheet rope but ripped sheets, so i had to go searching for still dressed corpses because i can't turn the sheet rope into ripped sheets xD,  only to find out that you have to be very carefull with the items that are present in your bags, or even in the floor near you, because building/crafing will take what ever is in them i ended up building the log walls with rope by mistake and using the only item that can be used to make log staks  :(   and tons of ripped sheets and sheet ropes.  

It was because when you unstak the logs the rope remains in your primary inventory, so kind of have priority over ripped sheets that are in your bags or in the floor i think.

1 hour ago, Miguel Arce said:

because building/crafing will take what ever is in them i ended up building the log walls with rope by mistake and using the only item that can be used to make log staks  :(   and tons of ripped sheets and sheet ropes.  

Yeah, I wonder if the build dialog could be enhanced, just for log walls, so you could choose "Logs + rope" vs. "Logs + ripped sheets" the way you can choose kindling, etc. to light a fire.  I can understand why there are formulas for stacked wood that use rope but not other cloth, but it ends up making stacks oddly precious, given how little rope there is and abundant cloth is in a world of clothed (un)dead bodies

10 hours ago, Miguel Arce said:

some feedback on building as a newbie.

i was building my logs wall (for the first time around) here are some thoughts that kind of crossed my mind while doing it.

transporting the logs is a very time consuming task, so i quickly figured out that logs can be made into stacks for weight reduction, and that around 6 stacked logs could be placed inside big hiking bags, so if i used my primary for one big hiking bag, my secondary for another and my back i could transport a total of 18 logs, plus what i can carry in my main inventory,  which makes makes the trip good for 4 - 5 log walls, per trip.

First problem that i found is that i had a ton of sheet ropes, and very little ripped sheets, i kind of asumed that sheet ropes would be good for making the log staks but only rope can be used for it, and that is a very specific placed and not abundant item to find, i went around everywhere searching for rope until i had around 20. 

Second problem i had is that the log wall doesn't use sheet rope but ripped sheets, so i had to go searching for still dressed corpses because i can't turn the sheet rope into ripped sheets xD,  only to find out that you have to be very carefull with the items that are present in your bags, or even in the floor near you, because building/crafing will take what ever is in them i ended up building the log walls with rope by mistake and using the only item that can be used to make log staks  :(   and tons of ripped sheets and sheet ropes.  

It was because when you unstak the logs the rope remains in your primary inventory, so kind of have priority over ripped sheets that are in your bags or in the floor i think.

yea. I've accidentally used rope to build a log wall. It sucks. the build recipe using rope i think should  be removed completely. I mean who is really gonna use rope vs ripped sheets? also I think sheet rope should be a viable way to create stacks of logs. 4-8 sheet ropes should be the requirement to build the wall itself. I just dont see how 4 ripped up pieces of a shirt can hold up basically the strongest wall you can build in the game.(haven't messed around with metal walls so i dont know their strength) to expand further it would be more realistic if building a log wall required a sledge hammer, or shovel or something. logs wont just stand up on their own. or you could implement a "log wall frame" out of sturdy sticks. i dunno probably should have put this in the build 35 suggestions. 

Hey its any "secret" of how to use the compost bin? 

i have 4 of them, build at the same time all, for around.. a month and a half "gametime", so.. i initialy fulled one with all that i can see said rotten.  and leave it be as i wasnt doing farming at that time... i now have crops and i want some fertilizer, but still no compost, no nothing.

i tried for the last month to pass all of the vegetables to 1 bin and all the meat to other bin, still no compost, i also tried something i read in this thread about having a shovel and a sack to see what the compost bin is "doing" and nothing,  so for the last month i have being monitoring what i put in there, i have 47.4 weight of vegetables in 1 compost bin, and 11.6 rotten meat in another, and for almost 15 days "gametime" it hasnt reduced a bit of weight of what i put in there, its behaving just as a container.

One other thing, i was starting my faming thing, i had a shovel in my main inventory and when i click on dig to plant the seeds a big red square with 346 and 534 apeard on the left bottom corner, but, when i equiped the shovel with both hands i could finaly dig the ground to later plant the seeds.

i have the console.txt file but i am new to this comunity and i dont know that is considered a bug to report elsewhere.. and i am also new to the game so i really dont know what "normal" behavior should be, i last played this when it was only the pre alpha story about saving your wife xD so, i no more know what is the way thins should work.

this all is in version 35.19 thats why i comment in this thread. 

1 hour ago, Miguel Arce said:

and for almost 15 days "gametime" it hasnt reduced a bit of weight of what i put in there, its behaving just as a container.

So they initially had compost bins churn out compost in a few days of game time, then moments later realized how long it take for rotten food to decompose, and how OP quick cheap fertilizer might seem -- so they increased the decompose time by x100.  This means it literally takes months to make compost. 

But it's also makes the equivalent of renewable fertilizer at the cost putting things you can't use anyway into 1 particular kind of container instead of tossing it on the ground.  And it hasn't been in the game for very long, so it might get adjusted as a "final" determination of the right speed for things to decompose.

i see, than you for the kind response. 

x100 times its a little bit to harsh, if its 1 hour real time for 1 day gametime, 100 days would mean 3 months and realisticaly compost is made in a way to accelerate the process, what i mean : its not the same rot time having a carrot in the freezer, or under cool environment than having it environment temperatures, humidity and stuff.... 

if that is the case then the compost bin would be useless to people seeking farming than it is very long term surviving.

as a note i just had a crop of coles go rotten because i didnt harvest them, that is nonesense, if its still in the plant it should got first stale and then rotten, simple biology :v  anyway i am no facing starving yet, i am playing a fair world, meaning not scarcity of goods, but playing since the inititial infection so, as time goes by i get a chance to test every feature of the game without considering zombies a non-issue but having the items i need to survive present and obtainable.. 

There's always room for tweaking which is the beauty of this build, as a lot of people are requesting the change I give it 50/50 odds they tweak it down to where the average player can see compost made in their lifespan. If the reason erosion happens extra quick is so the average player can see it, it would likely seem reasonable for compost to go by the same logic.

Granted, compost is meant for the long-term production of fertilizer and not instant-gain, so obviously a significant time lapse should be required. Just not so much so that the farmer won't be able to see the fruits (literally) of their effort.

Edited by Kim Jong Un

My single player and local COOP characters (as well as my husband's COOP character) randomly have Minor Pain and Slight Damage after waking up in the morning. We can't figure out why this is happening. I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I thought there was a chance it could be a bug. We only recently started playing again, so I think we've only seen it happen in build 35.19.

My SP character is Obese, feeble, and out of shape. So I thought perhaps maybe she was getting muscle pain from so much exercise. She slept on a couch one night that it happened and a chair the other night it happened, so I thought perhaps sleeping conditions were too uncomfortable and that caused the pain.

But then in our local COOP game my husband and I had this happen to our physically fit and strong characters, who were just hanging out at the base doing some gardening/cooking all day, and slept on a game built bed. So that threw my first assumptions, about uncomfortable sleeping and/or overworking muscles, out the window.

My last theory is that maybe all three characters (SP and COOP) are loosing weight too fast, and the pain is a side effect of the body not having enough time to adjust.

Anyone else have any thoughts on why this random minor pain and slight damage is happening once in a while?

Thanks for reading! ^_^

Edited by Kitaelia

39 minutes ago, Kitaelia said:

Anyone else have any thoughts on why this random minor pain and slight damage is happening once in a while?

I think they've literally just added some randomness to the game.  I think I woke up with minor pain once without a ready explanation -- and although my safehouse is completely zombie-proof (2nd floor without stairs) I sometimes randomly wake up at 3am in a panic.

I sometimes have cramps and pains IRL I can't explain too.  Just my 2 cents.

3 hours ago, steiger said:

I think they've literally just added some randomness to the game.  I think I woke up with minor pain once without a ready explanation -- and although my safehouse is completely zombie-proof (2nd floor without stairs) I sometimes randomly wake up at 3am in a panic.

It's not totally random. Were you sleeping in a chair, or had defects before you went to sleep?

So, i finally got the compost thing working,  i read about the compost bin in the official post in this thread

and the developer said something that catched my eye, he said something like "more or less depending of their hunger value"

so in order to use the compost bin, you sould try and group items not just throw all rotten things in the compost bin.

i got compost by first separating meat from vegetables, and the vegetables with greater hunger values in other compost bin

so then it did start making something as in a couple days "gametime" i noticed weight reduction of the things i put in there

and not much time after the compost bin showed some compost, and as some great user said, if you have a shovel and a sack in

your inventory and the compost bin shows there is some compost then it shows you how much compost is there in percentage.

you get about 10% of the compost per sack, and its good for about 5 crops for the sack to go empty.

another thing i noticed i had way too much crops, i ended up with lots (108) potatos, (75 coles), 90 tomatos, and tons of seeds, etc.. i think that there is some balancing needed i was specting each crop to give me between 5-10 of each thing but gots lots of them, its going to be rotten before i have the time to cook something out of it,  also seems that seeds are made way to abundant, i was specting to run out of seeds and eventualy had to go "out there" to keep my farming going, but now since i have tons of seeds the need to scavenge go away big time, this makes the game far too easy now.

also, with the crops getting sickness it makes no sense to go seeking a way to cure it, simply delete it and start a new crop because seeds are made way too abundant like this and there is no point in curing a bad crop.  

finally the consolidating thins in one container thing (like water in bottles etc) its not working properly, i had a bottle full of water that weights .73 and an almost empty water bottle that weights .8, this happened when trying to get my watter bottles empty and the little water each had into a one full water bottle...screenshot_29-10-2016_23-28-25.pngscreenshot_29-10-2016_23-28-19.pngscreenshot_29-10-2016_23-28-25.pngscreenshot_29-10-2016_23-28-19.png

7 hours ago, Kitaelia said:

My single player and local COOP characters (as well as my husband's COOP character) randomly have Minor Pain and Slight Damage after waking up in the morning. We can't figure out why this is happening. I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I thought there was a chance it could be a bug. We only recently started playing again, so I think we've only seen it happen in build 35.19.

My SP character is Obese, feeble, and out of shape. So I thought perhaps maybe she was getting muscle pain from so much exercise. She slept on a couch one night that it happened and a chair the other night it happened, so I thought perhaps sleeping conditions were too uncomfortable and that caused the pain.

But then in our local COOP game my husband and I had this happen to our physically fit and strong characters, who were just hanging out at the base doing some gardening/cooking all day, and slept on a game built bed. So that threw my first assumptions, about uncomfortable sleeping and/or overworking muscles, out the window.

My last theory is that maybe all three characters (SP and COOP) are loosing weight too fast, and the pain is a side effect of the body not having enough time to adjust.

Thanks for reading! ^_^

Hello!!!

yes in this build 35 they introduced the sleeping mods, so now it depends of where you sleep can make you feel some pain when you wake up, if you sleep on chairs and sofas etc.. you will get some bad sleeps, if you eat a lot and go to sleeps you will wake in the middle of the night with nightmares (panic, ansious) etc.    i just build a bed and always take some sleeping pills around 7 p.m. so when the clock its 22 and i go to sleep, it weaks at 6:00 a.m. :D  the pills take around 30 minutes to kick in and once they go into efect the longer you wait the longer you will sleep.  

see you around surviver :D

i have a noob question, what makes your fisical condition and strengt to go leveling up? 

exercise? runing? vitamins? i see some increase in my physical conditions but i can't tell what activity made it increase.

chopping trees? carrying heavy loads? i do that in frecuetly in my "gas runs" to keep my generator up and running 

and almost deforested a big area and walking with heavy logs (just like rocky III xD) 

EDIT: it was rocky IV xD  the one versus the russiang guy... 

Edited by Miguel Arce

7 hours ago, steiger said:

But at least random pains, cramps, and muscle spasms IRL can be located. When I have a back spasm I know that it is in my back and then maybe I can figure out why. Maybe my posture was terrible the day before, or I carried something too heavy. When I have stomach pains I would know that maybe I shouldn't have put so much hot sauce on my dinner the night before. :P It would just be nice to know a general location of the minor pain/damage so we can try and figure out why it is happening.

3 hours ago, Kim Jong Un said:

It's not totally random. Were you sleeping in a chair, or had defects before you went to sleep?

We've been sitting pretty in our base for a while now.. So the only defects we've had when going to sleep in our cozy bed are Very Tired or Exhausted (not from Exertion but from sleepy). Maybe going to sleep when Exhausted makes us sleep extremely hard and not move all night? That usually causes IRL issues for me when that happens.

Thanks for the responses guys!