RELEASED: Build 35.26

RobertJohnson

Recently I experienced wierd issue: On version 35.17 I used 'Rusty rifle' several times as a shelter after helicopters coming. And yesterday I ended game in empty RR tavern, and now when world converted to 35.18 - I loaded and saw that 2 zombies standing in RR. But it was cleared of zeds before with no broken windows\doors.

3 hours ago, B33ware said:

Hey, guys, I remember a screenshot with a metal barrel for bonfire, what's up with it?

Didnt play since previous stable build, hold it back till animation release.

What happened with forging?

Too many issues with that level of smelting existing in the game so I believe it was cut. For now, at least.

11 hours ago, Zorak said:

I would say it was more a "realism defenders" job.  After achieving that victory they were once again sawing log into planks with handsaw.

Gameplay should come before realism in most-to-all cases but if there was some kind of glaring issue with how smelting was supposed to work I understand the developer's choice to cut it for now.

How do I go about making my character not an admin now?

I have tried using /setaccesslevel "user" "none" and that does not work. The text says "can not set access level on you". When trying to do this through the server console it says "user can not be found"

I just want to the play the game. I don't want to run around at warp speed as an admin.

Ugh. Can't play now...

EDIT: I was able to remove admin by going to the admin panel, modified the user database and deleted admin from my character. Then relaunched the character into the game.

Now I can't get admin back. I usually don't play as an admin but will give my character admin privileges when needed (like when someone gets bit by an invisible zombie and I need to give them /godmod or something).

This is all very frustrating.

If there is no admin, how do you set access levels?

Edit Edit: Tried to modify the db file for the server to grant myself admin priveleges and now I'm banned. My nerd rage is overflowing at the moment.

EDIT EDIT EDIT: EnigmaGrey helped me solve this. I had to delete my server.db. This unbanned my SteamID and I was prompted upon launching the server to create a new admin account!

Edited by CaptKaspar

Before my changes, in Steam Coop, how did you do admin stuff? Didn't played coop for some times so I can't remember...

Because if you host, you don't have access to the server console, so someone (a player) needs to be admin, but if it's the player host then he can't really play (play as an admin is really not advised...) so how did it work before?

3 hours ago, Unghin said:

But player-admin able to give access of usage admin panel for player-host or not?

Not sure I follow, the player-admin would be the player-host, but then it's kinda cheaty, everytime it's too difficult you just spam some stuff, etc... Sounds lame to me to have someone to play a survivor with admin power...

11 hours ago, Chris0135 said:

How did you do this?

I didn't actually get any access levels set up.

Since I host the server, I deleted the 'servername'.db file which erased the player list/whitelist. After doing that when launching the server through the .bat file I was able to create a new player as an admin. When doing this, no players were online so I was not able to grant any access levels.

5 hours ago, RobertJohnson said:

Before my changes, in Steam Coop, how did you do admin stuff? Didn't played coop for some times so I can't remember...

Because if you host, you don't have access to the server console, so someone (a player) needs to be admin, but if it's the player host then he can't really play (play as an admin is really not advised...) so how did it work before?

RJ, to be honest I never use the 'Host' tab to do anything but manage the server settings. I like the GUI interface for that.

I host a dedicated server to play Co-Op with a small group of friends. Instead of launching the server through 'Host' I always launch it using the .bat file. Then I connect to my own server through 'Host'. The reason that I do this is that I want to be able to choose which character I play as. I now have a character for regular play and a character for 'admin'.  I also do this so that I can monitor the server console and spot errors, bugs, etc.

This way I am not playing as an admin but I can monitor server issues.

My gripes previously above were that I launched as my regular playing character, who for some reason was an admin, and could not get admin off. I eventually did (by using the admin panel and I modified the database) but then I was left with no players who had any access to admin commands. Trying to use 'setaccesslevel' in the server console did not work to grant higher privileges.

You can also save character name/passwords in the Favorites list by giving the entry a unique name and pressing save. No need to use the Hosts button.

When Hosting a server via easy co-op, the host is automatically given admin powers despite not being an admin. There's also no a database to manipulate, so things get a bit weird, which might explain some of your issues, Capt. :D

We can probably communicate this better in the future.