RELEASED: Build 35.26

RobertJohnson

4 hours ago, Joshnpk said:

Been a smoker most my life, wanted smoking trait in game for years, just quit smoking, smoking trait added to Zomboid, FML.

Yeah and there's no vaping in 1993 either, life's a bitch

Would it be possible to implement Thuztor's "Horizon Clock" into the game so that your character can judge the time of day or night using the Sun or moon when a watch or clock is unavailable? If a character acquires a clock item then it could replace the horizon clock

Link to steam workshop of horizon clock- http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=498643301&searchtext=horizon+clock

Edited by Count Awesome
wanted to add link to the mod itself

Just now, Count Awesome said:

So you were at perfect health and a zombie hit you three times and you died right after those three hits?

Yep looks like it was a bug or something , restarted the same game with a new character and everything works fine. The interesting thing is that I died with the "deceased" moddle not with the zombified one.

10 hours ago, Count Awesome said:

Would it be possible to implement Thuztor's "Horizon Clock" into the game so that your character can judge the time of day or night using the Sun or moon when a watch or clock is unavailable? If a character acquires a clock item then it could replace the horizon clock

Link to steam workshop of horizon clock- http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=498643301&searchtext=horizon+clock

is there a mod that just adds the clock back? it isnt hard to find so far but i dont care for the change personally
same with starting injuries. i started a game the other day and my foot was bandaged already but it was healed underneath. if that's the case then that whole thing is pointless anyway so is there a mod to remove that change too?
there should really be more settings to tailor the game your way. i dont need to have to clip my fingernails or take a pee in game next do i? i do that IRL Lol

Edited by Name1234

11 minutes ago, Name1234 said:

i dont need to have to clip my fingernails or take a pee in game next do i? i do that IRL Lol

Forget craving a smoke -- taking a dump after the water shuts off would be the real struggle.  Not to mention needing to pee while running from the horde.  Maybe metalcrafting should include a shower-head or tub basin so you don't go crazy from your own stench.

19 hours ago, axeladalidez78 said:

Does zombies kill you almost instantly ? 

1 zombie killed me hitting me 3 times without scratching or bitting me.

Hey, tell me if it happens again, really weird, first report I have of something like this... Any mods running?

1 hour ago, RobertJohnson said:

Hey, tell me if it happens again, really weird, first report I have of something like this... Any mods running?

Nope but I think it happened because I set the infection mortality to 1h - 24h I don't know . But that doesn't make any sense because it killed me without the zombified moddle , like if it was a critical hit in the head or something.

3 hours ago, axeladalidez78 said:

Axel btw , and no , I just wanted to test the mortality of a 1-24 h infection mortality.

I can confirm this. 1-24h result in a instant dead (if i get infected). 2-3 days is like 12 hours . 

I've also had the "insta dead" happen several times but this is over the course of previous builds.

I always assumed it was the "sadistic AI director RNGezus" but if it's an error it's one I definitely have. On the bright side, it's made me very good at not dying.

16 hours ago, RobertJohnson said:

this was a fairly long time ago. but i had just started playing zomboid after a long hiatus so I was playing on easy settings. weak zombies. I ran around a bar corner into a shadowed area. there was a single zombie I ran right into it and it instantly ate my face and I died. was really odd given that I've ran through entire hordes unscathed. it hasnt happened since but just thought Id share 

5 hours ago, Unghin said:

Guys, only I have problem with rain filling for pots, mugs etc?

And what I can do with empty tin can? 

Also, how long composter reproducing rotten food?

I haven't tried to use the pots, mugs, etc to collect rain water. Haven't had the need yet :)

I'm not sure there is a use for empty tin cans yet, but hopefully in the future we can set up tin can traps to make noise of approaching zombies/players.

Are you asking how long it takes to make compost from rotten food? For me I think it was around 2 weeks or so (I didn't time it exactly, but it was around that). I hope it doesn't actually reproduce rotten food ;)

Edited by CaptKaspar

I have had periodic problems with cooking pots filling -- the first time I tried them out in rain, they filled up great.  I emptied them, put them back out and they might not fill up again even through it rained a few times.  Very sporadic.  Also, I put a bucket out, and it has never filled up.

Clipboard01.jpg

Composter takes a long time to make compost from rotten food.  Some food will disappear as it produces compost, but you can only see the compost by getting an empty sack and a shovel and right-clicking the composter.  It'll tell you how much compost you can take as a percentage (alot like the Forage percentage).  But we're talking months.  And since the nutrition changes I don't let nearly as much food go rotten as I once did.

Edited by steiger
illustration didn't insert.

2 hours ago, CaptKaspar said:

I haven't tried to use the pots, mugs, etc to collect rain water. Haven't had the need yet :)

I'm not sure there is a use for empty tin cans yet, but hopefully in the future we can set up tin can traps to make noise of approaching zombies/players.

Are you asking how long it takes to make compost from rotten food? For me I think it was around 2 weeks or so (I didn't time it exactly, but it was around that). I hope it doesn't actually reproduce rotten food

Thanks! Will continue waiting for compost. :lol:

59 minutes ago, steiger said:

I have had periodic problems with cooking pots filling -- the first time I tried them out in rain, they filled up great.  I emptied them, put them back out and they might not fill up again even through it rained a few times.  Very sporadic.  Also, I put a bucket out, and it has never filled up.

I have constant problem with water filling by rain for pots and other stuff.  I only able to see in MP that progress of remaining water field is empty, but visible with mark that water unfresh. Will test in SP. :(

59 minutes ago, steiger said:

but you can only see the compost by getting an empty sack and a shovel and right-clicking the composter.

This! Thank you very much! But it's sound uncomfortable - everytime take tools just to inspect level of compost. :wacko:

Edited by Unghin

13 minutes ago, Unghin said:

I have constant problem with water filling by rain for pots and other stuff.  I only able to see in MP that progress of remaining water field is empty, but visible with mark that water unfresh. Will test in SP. :(

I thought this is a feature -- pouring out all the toxic water still leaves a "residue" of bad water, essentially to show that the pot is dirty, and you have to have boiled a vessel after it had dirty water in it for it to not make fresh water unclean.

And I think that "2 week" compost had to have been a previous iteration.  They started composting off at one speed, then in a later release made it take 100x longer.  As far as I can tell, making compost is a long-term project now, much like irl.

1 hour ago, Unghin said:

In a perfect world, you should avoid drinking rain water until you've had a chance to purify it. Every drop of rain that falls has a condensation nuclei that it forms around. These can be dirt, pollution, bacteria, parasites, viruses, etc. Don't just take my word for it, here's a link to the CDC suggesting the same:

http://www.cdc.gov/healthywater/drinking/private/rainwater-collection.html

34 minutes ago, CaptKaspar said:

In a perfect world, you should avoid drinking rain water until you've had a chance to purify it. Every drop of rain that falls has a condensation nuclei that it forms around. These can be dirt, pollution, bacteria, parasites, viruses, etc. Don't just take my word for it, here's a link to the CDC suggesting the same:

Yes, I am realising that rain water unfresh in any case. I tried to make accent on issue with filling cooking pots by rain. In MP I still have no progress. But recently I tested it in SP - it's working! :D. After long rain weight of mug increased from 0.2 to 0.21, for pot - from 1.0 to 1.12

However, thanks for article - it's very interesting :)

Edited by Unghin

Bear in minds everything here is suggest to balance, even if it feel more realistic, if it feel way too long i can adjust it!

For rain water yeah, it's "tainted water",  even if you have fresh water inside a mug, but it outside while it's raining and it'll change it in tainted water, meaning you can be poisonned a bit by drinking it (depend on how much you drink)

For info I'm still working on the admin tools, recently got a huge db to work with so I'm adjusting lot of things... Promise then I'll work on SP stuff again (sorry it took so long, but wanted to do lot of things and as I added lots of anti-abuse/hacking in MP it require lot of testing!)