RELEASED: Build 35.26

RobertJohnson

About Sprinters, any chance you could add an option so they only sprint but don't attack extremely fast too? I'd like a sort of Left 4 dead experience, but instead I get a Zed sprinting up to me and punching/biting/scratching me 7 times within 2 seconds at super speed.

Also in Pizza Whirled you have Pizza menus, any chance you could do it so we could pick them up? :3 I wanna make a Pizzeria, but I need Pizza menus.

9 minutes ago, Gurluas said:

About Sprinters, any chance you could add an option so they only sprint but don't attack extremely fast too? I'd like a sort of Left 4 dead experience, but instead I get a Zed sprinting up to me and punching/biting/scratching me 7 times within 2 seconds at super speed.

Also in Pizza Whirled you have Pizza menus, any chance you could do it so we could pick them up? :3 I wanna make a Pizzeria, but I need Pizza menus.

Those are more requests than bugs, if you have some neat ideas, you can go this this section of the forums to do so: 

http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php?/forum/20-pz-suggestions/

Right now this thread is for testing this build and report any nasty bugs you might find or giving feedback about some new systems introduced. 

On 2016-09-25 at 1:15 AM, HomeSlice said:

Who are you to speak for ME telling me WHAT MAKES THE GAME STALE AND NOT? IT IS NOT FUN TO START THE GAME INJURED IN ANY CIRCUMSTANCE. MAYBE IF THERE WAS A SETTING FOR IT FOR A LATE GAME SCENARIO FINE. BUT THIS IS THE STUPIDEST MOTHER FUCKING THING I'VE EVER HEARD BAR NONE.

Calm down.
I think it's fine that we start in different scenarios, randomly.

It gives the player quick short term goals to solve.

If you don't like it, I think this is the wrong game.

1 hour ago, Insidiousness said:

Calm down.
I think it's fine that we start in different scenarios, randomly.

It gives the player quick short term goals to solve.

If you don't like it, I think this is the wrong game.

Leave the moderation to the moderators please. If you think someone is out of line, report the post, and move on. Don't reply yourself.

On 24/9/2016 at 8:21 PM, virindi_Screenwriter said:

Maybe have starting injuries be taken as a negative trait to give you extra points at start? Then it's my choice and not just a random handicap. Like maybe:

-1 Cut: You cut yourself getting back into your home. You don't think it's fatal but you need to treat this... NOW.

Couldn't agree more, making it a trait or a set of traits should definitely settle things down for everyone i believe.
I can't really see a problem with this being implemented.

1 hour ago, Leandro_ar27 said:

Couldn't agree more, making it a trait or a set of traits should definitely settle things down for everyone i believe.
I can't really see a problem with this being implemented.

I'm okay with this being a separate trait to a certain extent, but that's a very different feature than what we're talking about. The intention behind this is making the start of the game unpredictable and varied. If you make it a trait, you've just done the opposite. It's not a bad suggestion on its own, but it also doesn't solve the problem that starting injuries were implemented to fix. 

3 hours ago, Rathlord said:

I'm okay with this being a separate trait to a certain extent, but that's a very different feature than what we're talking about. The intention behind this is making the start of the game unpredictable and varied. If you make it a trait, you've just done the opposite. It's not a bad suggestion on its own, but it also doesn't solve the problem that starting injuries were implemented to fix. 

Some of the most fun I've had with PZ is when I get injured and I don't have medical supplies yet. There was once that I got glass shards in my hand and couldn't get it out until I had tweezers, I was super frantic and had to plan a trip to West Point's medical building (Cortman's was out). Made it really interesting.

3 hours ago, Rathlord said:

Seems I misunderstood then. For me, the debuffs are playing more like a "reset the world" bug than a feature. Maybe the debuffs would be best for different difficulty settings then: Like how on lower difficulties you get a bat and a schoolbag and an xp modifier, maybe these random effects (panic, exhaustion, injury, not having your own house key) should be on difficulties above normal.

It may not be a new things, but I think the cigarette weight/encumbrance should be reajusted.  I understand the change from 0 (wich was too low), but I respectfully suggest and argue it should be 0.01.

Currently it stands at 0.1, wich means that in a crate you could place 500 of them (or 25 packs of 20 cigarettes).

Let's simplify the maths a little bit here and assume a pack is an inch thick (I measured mine and it was 7/8th of an inch), 4 inches high (3 and 3/8th for mine) and 3 inches wide (2 and 3/4th for mine).  Using those simplified values I get 12 cubic inches.  For the aforementioned 25 packs it's 300 cubic inches.

Let's suppose a crate is 3'x3'x3'... that's 46 656 cubic inches.  Even using a 2'x2'x2' crate there is still 13 824 cubic inches.  In both cases 300 is pretty far from the count.

If the game was to use 0.01 for cigarettes (like socks), we would have a roughly 3 000 cubic inches of space used for a crate that hold in theory 46 656 or 13 828 cubic inches.  Still far from the count, but something I could live with for the sake of gameplay and simplification.

In the end, we could always assume there is some lost space because (a) who has time in an apocalypse scenario to neatly stack their cigarettes and/or (b) there is an inherent lost of space because dimensions don't fit exactly with the crate.

Edit : I also made a similar suggestion that crates should hold more content on the same basis.  In that suggestion it was canned goods.  One of the alternative I proposed was that same items type in a crate benefit from a weight reduction on the ground that similar size and shape is easier to stack.

Edited by MyTJ
Reference to prior suggestion

31 minutes ago, SaltandPretzels said:

I just noticed when you pick up Lumberjack proffesion . It  only shows that you have a trait axe man . But when you are playing in the game, it shows you that you have a stout trait, although I haven't picked it. I tried again, and got it.  Is it a bug, or it was intentional. 

Has the strength increase been modified to 2?  Or alternatively has the stout trait been reduced to +1? If so since it's the same as the stout trait it would explain it.

I've noticed that when my fitness increase past a certain point I loose negative trait, then earn positive ones.  Seems like the game treat strength and fitness as the weight for purposes of traits.

Just a quick thought. I don't know if it's applicable as I've not tested it yet.

Regarding drainable items... is the formula :

Current weight = Max item weight x % remaining

-or-

Current weight = Empty item weight (if any) + [(Max item weight - Empty item weight) x % remaining]

I'd personally vote for the second formula as the first one can (in theory) give result where the item weight less then an empty container (empty bottle, empty gas tank).

Some items should be excluded from this (say a coal bag) as the container is nonexistent when fully used and of minor weight.  Others may need some special consideration (say a propane tank) as the weight of the container in itself is noteworthy (the reason of this reflexion actualy).

P.S.: Really glad you guys put that in there and this should be in no way seen as a criticism.  I myself only though of the concept a few days or weeks before it was implemented (and did not make a suggestion) as it annoyed me to see a lot of half full containers taking valuable storage space.  Just trying to get the idea further :)

Bug Report

1.Were able to sleep always in tents no time need to go back to sleep. 

2. Crates not paintable 

3. Digging with hands not working 

4. Alarm sounds dont turn off in MP (alarm clock ,watch)

5. No foot steps hearabel from other Players?  

Thats all i noticed so far. 

Greetings , Meza . 

On 23/09/2016 at 3:56 PM, RobertJohnson said:

• [MP] Admin: Log players spawn coordinates upon fully connecting.
  • [MP] Admin: Log players death coordinates. (in the user log if by zombies or in the pvp one)
  • [MP] Admin: Log incidences of the game removing "duped" items when a player tries to have both of them in inventory. (with coordinates)
  • [MP] Admin: Log players locations when logging off
  • [MP] Admin: Added a /teleportto command, use it to teleport to coordinates, ex: teleportto 10607,9462,0
  • [MP] New access level for admins, check this:

Hi guys, we could really, really do with some feedback and bug-hunting on RJ's new Admin system on servers with more than a few players  - but I know it's tricky to coordinate this when people have to play it at the same time, on the same branch etc.

If anyone is setting up a dedicated server on IWBUMS if they could flag it for other IWBUMS testers to join that'd be really, really helpful. Likewise anyone who runs a regular server taking the new system for a spin.

We can't really let this out into the wild until it's been tested thoroughly.

Painting boxes with white paint seems not working, no interaction avaiable about. Also some other colors wont work sometimes :
function perform : ISPaintAction.lua #line 45.

Some zombie loot are not accessible :
function SelectContainer ISInventoryPage.lua #line 601
function OnMouseup ISButton.lua #line 55

Edited by NagashUD

Any chance we could get the time fast forward during sleep option added to the in game GUI for server settings under 'host'?

We are experiencing a problem where players are not synced on how much time passes when they sleep. This causes players to wake up and run around at 'warp' speed (like their time is still sped up) until their client side clock catches up to the server clock. During this their hunger, exhaustion, etc all run at warp speed as well.

Was thinking that being able to push the setting to all players might solve the problem? However, I did try to reload the options from the server console and it did not seem to solve the problem. Maybe the option isn't loading properly?

Unfortunately there are no console logs showing any issues, so I can't show the 'error'.

We originally thought this was only occurring with characters that were alive prior to build 35, but now it is happening to new characters that have only existed in build 35.