RELEASED: Build 35.26

RobertJohnson

It's gonna be a complex algorythm, so I'm not sure i'll do it for this build, need to take in calcul for how long he is smoking, how many cig a day, then generate more side effect as time pass without a cig untill finally he loose the trait, will require lot of researches as i'm not a smoker myself :D

2 minutes ago, RobertJohnson said:

It's gonna be a complex algorythm, so I'm not sure i'll do it for this build, need to take in calcul for how long he is smoking, how many cig a day, then generate more side effect as time pass without a cig untill finally he loose the trait, will require lot of researches as i'm not a smoker myself :D

I think its pretty fine actually, maybe 1-2 cigs more a day should be balanced and if cigs could spawn in zombie corpses i would be completly satisfied about it;
quit smoking is very a hard process ,i actually try to quit smoking myself, since a while after 20 years of heavy smoking... 

Edited by NagashUD

1 hour ago, RobertJohnson said:

Feel free to ask us questions!

Digital Watches with alarms going off on zombies is cool to me in principle, but in practice it doesn't seem right.

While I like the idea of an alarm that was left on a watch going off every now and then, my gripe is that zombie loot (correct me if I'm wrong) doesn't exist until the zombie is killed. So while the zombie is walking around, there is no digital watch, and therefore no alarm. When the zombie is killed a watch is spawned with a random alarm setting.

This means that a zombie could be walking around for days/weeks/months with no alarm going off, then when they die (again) an alarm starts going off at 17:40 or whenever. How did this happen? What set the alarm? Why is it going off now and not every other day leading up to this point?

Because of this, the system is immersion breaking for me and the players on our server. We generally like the idea, but feel its current implementation is wonky and off.

What would be ideal, and I don't know how it could be done with the current system, is to have the alarms on zombies going off while they are still upright and roaming around as well as when they are dead on the ground. A stumbling, shambling, beeping zombie! The noise would attract other zombies to it creating a horde. To stop the horde from growing and attracting more zombies, you would need to find/kill the zombie with the alarm going off.

So perhaps disable digital watches having an alarm randomly going off until the system makes more sense? Or maybe provide an option for admins/sandbox players to disable them?

We also occasionally have an alarm that just won't turn off even if we find the right watch and turn it off. To fix this we need to restart the server, which is also a bit of a gameplay killer. Its a quick fix, but annoying to have to do.

1 hour ago, RobertJohnson said:

As a smoker (*sight*) maybe I can give some usefull feedback :)

If you want to truly relate in-game what a smoker without nicotine feels you need to understand how its addiction works.

- Physic addiction lasts 48 hours after the last cig and effects are difficulty to focus, unhapyness/angriness, dehydration (character should drink more)

- After these 48h, nicotine has been flushed away by our body so it's only psychological/self-conditionment

Of course there are a lot of studies but this is a quick summary. The main idea is that becoming a smoker is an auto brain-fu**.

So, here are few ideas to make the Smoker trait more realistic in-game :

For the Smoker :

- Being stressed after a while whitout cigarette

- Probability to have anxiety if stressed but not having cigarettes in inventory or if having cigs but no lighter or matches.

- Smoking a cig should have a kind of beta-blocking effects if the character has panic mood / it should also deal fitness malus / exhaustion

- It should also attract zeds in a way. Maybe because of cough ? or only the smoke ?

- Fitness malus overtime (lungs health deterioration)

- Hunger reduction

- Maybe symptoms of withdrawal after a meal ? Most of smokers needs a cig """"for a better digestion""""

For the quitting smoker :

- Stress/anxiety/sadness during 2 days : difficulty to sleep, more hunger if the character hasn't occupation

- Stress/sadness if the character sees cigs while exploring the world

- Huge relief/boost if the character smokes, but reset of the quit-smoking-logic.

For the non-smoker :

- Smoking causes sickness and cough the 5 first cigs, then only dizzyness the 5 next.

- Dehydration

- Beta-blocking effect

- Smoker trait appears itself after 10 cigs in a defined span of time.

I think it should be fun to set the border between the non-smoker who smokes once, and the character who becomes addicted. Maybe with auto-consumption like water ? It could lead to funny situations where you realize your character is newly addicted ("less cigs in inventory than last time I've checked..."), or if you want to test him : I left 1 cig in its inventory, will it be auto-consumed and am I doomed, or has my character recovered from his addiction ? :D 

5 hours ago, NagashUD said:

I think its pretty fine actually, maybe 1-2 cigs more a day should be balanced and if cigs could spawn in zombie corpses i would be completly satisfied about it

Cigarettes on zombies would be damaged to shit since they walk around and dont really care about them getting smashed in their pants anymore, maybe finindg 1 or 3 usable cigs in a zombie could be good, but sooner or later it will encourage zombie farming like we use to do (and some still do) with axes.

Its going to encourage the player going "huh i need a smoke, better go and kill some zeds".

However having the option to grow tobacco opens up trade opportunity between NPCs and players or player to player trades, something like This War Of Mine where if you start growing tobacco, your cigs are not like the real thing but still have some value, same goes to moonshine.

Maybe player made cigs could have less effects than real cigs but still it would accomplish to fill that "need" of nicotine for some time.

Growing Tobacco could be fun, but regardless, that's breaching into the realm of "ideas for the future". Regardless I think there is a ton of cigarettes in the current loot spawn that previously had no use that matched the amount you could get without trying. If there is going to be a need for them with an addiction trait it might be fair to add more ways to get them. 

1 hour ago, Rathlord said:

How about on the farms? Kentucky was/is a major producer. Tobacco doesn't grow itself :D

"Kentucky is the nation’s largest producer of burley tobacco and dark fire- and air-cured tobaccos. Only North Carolina surpasses Kentucky in tobacco production".

Well thats an interesting read:

http://www2.ca.uky.edu/agcomm/pubs/aec/aec83/aec83.pdf 

So it could be good if you could find some tobacco seeds on some farms or some store dedicated to sell items like that.

On ‎25‎-‎7‎-‎2016 at 6:33 PM, RobertJohnson said:

• Zombies can now tears down your sheet rope

•  

NOOO!!!!! can we atleast make stronger versions with regular ropes though? i would very much appreciate this.

Reveal hidden contents

Patch 35.1:

Patch 35.2:

Patch 35.3:

Patch 35.4:

Patch 35.5:

Patch 35.6:

Patch 35.7:

Patch 35.8:

Patch 35.9:

Patch 35.10:

Patch 35.11:

Patch 35.12:

Patch 35.13:

Patch 35.14:

Patch 35.15:

Patch 35.16:

hey could we get a trait that allows us to retrieve some bullets from killed zombies? obviously within reasonable quantities. (1/8 chance per shot?)  i've been in my world for quite some time and i have pretty much looted most bullets in the map. and i'm slowly running out :| 

1 hour ago, Patrick H said:

hey could we get a trait that allows us to retrieve some bullets from killed zombies? obviously within reasonable quantities. (1/8 chance per shot?)  i've been in my world for quite some time and i have pretty much looted most bullets in the map. and i'm slowly running out :| 

That's uh... no. That's not how bullets work lol

Build IWBUMS 35.17:

REALLY NEED MULTIPLAYER FEEDBACK!
Hey guys, I need feedback on this whole player stats UI for admins and access level as I changed many things in multiplayer code... Thanks!

[New]

• Display a "% full" of a zone when foraging
  • Composter have a chance to spawn worms
  • [MP] Admin: Log players spawn coordinates upon fully connecting.
  • [MP] Admin: Log players death coordinates. (in the user log if by zombies or in the pvp one)
  • [MP] Admin: Log incidences of the game removing "duped" items when a player tries to have both of them in inventory. (with coordinates)
  • [MP] Admin: Log players locations when logging off
  • [MP] Admin: Added a /teleportto command, use it to teleport to coordinates, ex: teleportto 10607,9462,0
  • [MP] New access level for admins, check this:

[Balance]

• Reduced how fast containers were being filled with rain
  • Now take in calcul the rain intensity to fill up a container with rain water

[Bug Fix]

• Composter now gives back "replaceOnUse" item (eg. an open canned of chilli will give an empty can) when removing a rotten item
  • Can't build a composter inside