RELEASED: Build 35.26

RobertJohnson

21 minutes ago, Joosy69 said:

move it?  i moved the bbq from some backyard to the roof of my base.  I have a bag of coal in hand.  But there's no refuel option when I right-click on the bbq.

Charcoal right? I feel like I might have seen bags of coal and bags of charcoal, but I could be making this up.

yeah it's coal here, so maybe a string problem,

12 minutes ago, Mezanor said:

@NagashUD I still got the Color bug also.

yeah it's not fixed a 100% but also better than the past version ;)

13 minutes ago, Mezanor said:

Still no Smithing :cry:

smithing is delayed for a while, no ETA of it, but good things have been done already on the IWBUMS 35, you should enjoy this :D

Suggestion for the smoking trait: add a fitness malus, smoking makes you worst at anything that involves breathing. At the moment smoking is almost convenient, it should be at least a 50\50 gain\loss imo.

By The way I swear I'll always pick this trait and I bloody love you for adding it. If, by any chance, we'd ever get a smoking animation in the future then my life would be complete

11 hours ago, RobertJohnson said:

Any mods?

I do have mods, btu I noticed it seems to be a system sound according to my sound mixer, but no errors pop up, and screamik says his friend uses no mods but has the same problem.

I had the last version before and had no problems with my mods though.

6 minutes ago, Livio Persemprio said:

Suggestion for the smoking trait: add a fitness malus, smoking makes you worst at anything that involves breathing. At the moment smoking is almost convenient, it should be at least a 50\50 gain\loss imo.

By The way I swear I'll always pick this trait and I bloody love you for adding it. If, by any chance, we'd ever get a smoking animation in the future then my life would be complete

Most of the biggest downsides of smoking (outside of cost, etc etc) wouldn't really appear until a few years after you start. Stuff like lung cancer isn't going to show up quickly enough in the span of most playthroughs. I suggest maybe the smoking trait could be gained from smoking too much in too little time, and you could kick the addiction with mood debuffs over time as well. Maybe you could cough to attract zombies, similar to how sneezing works? I might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure one of the animation previews showed a coughing animation.

I'd also like to see an idle cigarette thing. Light one up, and can walk around/kill zombies/do whatever while looking like a badass

Found a weird bug with the new partially-full water weight calculations.

A water bottle that you're actively drinking from doesn't seem to update or calculate its weight correctly, and varies up and down by a relatively large amount. Thus far I've only actually drank from one water bottle, but I've collected quite a few. I've also tested dropping and picking back up the bottle to see if it was just displaying the wrong weight or if it was actually wrong. It was actually wrong, and dropping the full bottle of water reduced my inventory weight by exactly 0.59 units as displayed. Further, dropping and picking back up the bottle didn't at any point refresh or update it.

It's especially weird because I've been noticing this for the past few days of play, but the value is always different. The 0.59 is the lowest yet, but it normally hovers around 0.72 units.

It's hard to tell, but the bottle seems to last as long as I would expect a full bottle to last. I haven't tested this on any other bottles as of yet.

See here,

Spoiler

lOBtMnu.png

And here,

Spoiler

gXwKDYx.png

Edited by Absle

3 hours ago, hunger john said:

Most of the biggest downsides of smoking (outside of cost, etc etc) wouldn't really appear until a few years after you start. Stuff like lung cancer isn't going to show up quickly enough in the span of most playthroughs. I suggest maybe the smoking trait could be gained from smoking too much in too little time, and you could kick the addiction with mood debuffs over time as well. Maybe you could cough to attract zombies, similar to how sneezing works? I might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure one of the animation previews showed a coughing animation.

I'd also like to see an idle cigarette thing. Light one up, and can walk around/kill zombies/do whatever while looking like a badass

I wasn't thinking about lung cancer and stuff, I was thinking about the light fatigue you'll always feel (so light that in fact you need to do some sport to notice it) and the mucus. God. The mucus is awful, and you can start suffering from it in no time. It's not something that you really feel in your daily life, but if you consider the amount of energy that a random survivor uses daily, it may be a little harder for them to perform as well as nonsmokers. Besides, the trait represent the fact that you're a smoker, so it makes sense to have the fitness malus already. Smoking IRL  also causes you to feel taste and smell a little bit worst, by I think that would be a little ott for the game

Edited by Livio Persemprio

Also, not sure if this bug is on your end or Steam's, but getting into the Esc menu, then Shift-Tabbing to get into the Steam hub, and finally Alt-Tabbing to minimize the game works as normal in Windows 7. However, then trying to click back into the game from the taskbar just doesn't work. Hovering over the task will display it on screen as normal, but clicking on it doesn't put the game back into focus and just leaves you looking at whatever window was immediately underneath it. Alt-Tabbing out from just the in-game Esc menu works just fine without issue, haven't tested it with just Steam hub yet though.

I've done this twice to confirm. Not really a big deal, since it doesn't crash the game or anything, and exiting from the taskbar seems to save the game just fine, so it's easy to just restart the whole game. Just thought you should know.

This game... just WOW! I love it since 2012 and the green zombies! I have to say that the job that you guys are making, and already made, are AMAZING!

I have a small suggestion that always botter me. Why there's no clothes in those clothes store? When I go there I just find nails and stuffs like that, but no clothes! 

I would like to go to a store and "choose" my clothes! 

Cheers!

12 hours ago, RobertJohnson said:

Build IWBUMS 35.16:

[New]
Drop your cooking pot, bowl, bucket or saucepan on the ground when it's raining and it'll fill automatically! (long process, even longer for the bowl or saucepan, because they're smaller)
Added black & red painting
Added Box of Jars, spawn in houseware store and groceries, open it to get 6 jars and jar lids
Added smoker trait: need to have a regular cigarette or start to gain stress/unhappyness
Cigarettes now gives less stress relief, no more unhappyness but give bit of sickness if not a smoker, on the other hand smoker get more "bonus" from having a smoke
Added a OnEat lua hook on Food items (called when eating the item, check cigarettes)

[Balance]
Compost now take x100 more time to actually create fertilizer
Use 2 nails instead of 1 to barricade a window with a plank
Balanced how XP is given for recipes: lot of cooking recipes has been tweaked, opening jars/etc won't give xp while making bread etc will give more
Same for sawing log, it now gives 3 xp if your woodwork level is under 3, but only 1 xp point then
Stress now reduce the damage done by your weapons (shaking hands..)
Being stressed for a while start to increase unhappyness

[Bug Fix]
When consolidating 2 water source, if the main source was tainted, the new source will also be tainted
The sometimes corpses stayed highlited bug should be fixed
You can now barricade with planks if nails were inside one of your backpacks
Fixed a bug when sometimes the paint menu appears empty of painting
Compost creates will now block you (can't go through anymore!)
Can't consolidate batteries, candle and torch

Wow you really out did what we asked :) i really love many of the updates here especially the highlighting of containers (Major usefullness). The completion of the paint colours so we can have more personalization (especially since you also add the ability to paint other wooden surfaces too). The consolidation is also nice to have to keep thing organised. Composting and water collecting using bowls and stuff really boost up survival feeling too :p. Great job as always :D

10 hours ago, Kuren said:

I think this would be really cool to add the need for a lighter, matches or some kind of fire to light your cigs. If you've ever been a smoker and/or know any then you know how important a lighter is and that a quest to find one is in order when you can't. Would be fun to see that play out in the game :)

Also, great update :D So much good stuff in there :)

i think there is a lighter in game already

25 minutes ago, justcrow said:

Why is not dedicated server updated automatically? It's is still 35.15 compared with the game version 35.16 :(

Does anyone solve this problem? 

Wooops, my bad sorry, forgot to press the last confirm button on the steam partnership site :D

Now it's done! Sorry again!