RELEASED: Build 35.26

RobertJohnson

25 minutes ago, Livio Persemprio said:

OK, then we'll have to put multiple sheet ropes close to each other... It's gonna be ugly though, really ugly.

I could go with the decision, but I can't understand it yet. What's the point of removing the ability to barricade them?

There was an issue/bug with not being able to barricade each side of the fence. That your character would try to path find to the opposite side. This was definitely happening when trying to barricade the 'NW' side of a fence running 'SW-NE'. Your character would always want to barricade the 'SE' side. They probably then realized that barricading fences in that way didn't make any realistic sense. That there wasn't any point fixing a system that didn't make sense anyways.

After all what would one plank (no higher than the fence itself) do to actually stop us from jumping over it anyways? If anything it graphically looks easier to jump over.

15 minutes ago, Sick Boy said:

Let me count the amount of fucks I give. Oops! Looks like I'm all out.

Whelp, being insulting towards us is fine, but when you decide you're going to take it out on our members humbly pointing out you could be a bit more friendly, that's across the line. Farewell.

Edit: Sorry about that everyone, back to your regularly scheduled programming.

I get it, that's a good point, but I hope they'll revamp the system at some point. Being able to not jump over was quite useful, and the fix is both ugly and unpractical (I have to place at least three ropes to correctly prevent me from involuntarily jumping over, and if I'm in mp I'll have to remove the ropes each time, wich is quite expensive on the nails side). That said, again, now I see the point of the fix, I'll just play more carefully for as long as it takes for a revamp

34 minutes ago, Kim Jong Un said:

Never even knew you could barricade fences and I've been playing this game forever.

Regardless it seems like it doesn't make sense to have floating planks (I'm assuming that's the effect) so I guess I'm happy it's gone.

Same here, guess that was a bug that players used to work around the fact that as soon you press E infront of 2 fences and one has a rope, your character is going to chose the one without a rope.

So, about fences/sheet rope: for next version (35.15) you character won't jump over fences if it's on higher floor (z > 0) by pressing the "e" context key, you can still do it (eh, why not?) by right clicking the fence.

Hopefuly this'll end the fighting for barricaded fences :D

You have to understand, specially when IWBUMS, that everything can be change, no need to be insulting or aggressiv, just tell me on this post and I'll see what I can do, trust me, I don't want player jumping over fences when he doesn't want to just to had some "difficulty", no, that's dumb, I'd never want that. I want you to die, but not with this stupid reason :D

Now now, onto coding again, need to sort a new version today :P

22 minutes ago, RobertJohnson said:

So, about fences/sheet rope: for next version (35.15) you character won't jump over fences if it's on higher floor (z > 0) by pressing the "e" context key, you can still do it (eh, why not?) by right clicking the fence.

Hopefuly this'll end the fighting for barricaded fences :D

Spoiler

29A1B75500000578-3124572-image-a-57_1434365046802.jpg

Mommy told me: never trust TIS promises..  But I believe in you RJ!

Revamped the whole Build 35 OP thread so now everything new appears, and added separated list for balancing and bug fixes

Build IWBUMS 35.15:

• Your character no longer climb over a fence when using context key ("e" by default) if it's on upper floor, you can still use right click -> climb over to do so
  • You can now make molotov with empty glass bottle (wine, whiskey) and petrol
  • Fixed bugs with the new info UI
  • Increased time needed to consolidate 2 drainables from 10 to 90
  • Added verification to consolidate 2 drainables to avoid cheating
  • Renamed "Empty Sang Bag" into "Sack"
  • Increrased the time for a rotten food to totally disapear (x10)
  • Food poisonning (from eating rotten food) is now tied to it's hunger reduction (meaning bigger items poison you more), it's generally less than before
  • Generators will now drain more or less fuel depending on how much electrical objects they're plugged on
  • Small mail box is now a container and can spawn newspaper and magazing (including profession magazine!)
  • Added damaged sheet rope sprites, you'll now be able to see when you sheet rope is about to be destroyed
  • Added description for park ranger and lumberjack about their ability to walk faster in the forest than others
  • Lowered the chance the zombies have to damage a sheet rope

Added compost:

• Build them from the carpentry menu, under furniture
  • Put food in it, when the food is rotten it'll start to transform slowly into compost, more or less depending on it's hunger value
  • When the compost is at least 10% full, you can grab some compost with an empty sandbag
  • Then use the compost just like the fertilizer, it'll make your farming plants grow faster!

Yay, so many features added in IWBUMS 35 - it is fantastic! ^_^
But this issue looks dangerous if you have only sheetropes way to your safehouse:

1 hour ago, RobertJohnson said:

Lowered the chance the zombies have to damage a sheet rope

I understnd that this feature stimulating to keep your safehuse territory or building fences around your sheetropes way. But I think - zeds will be interesting in destroying of sheetropes only if chasing character. :wacko:

Edited by Unghin

33 minutes ago, EnigmaGrey said:

Zombie runs into sheet rope, sheet rope gets snagged, sheetrope has bad day.

You are watching like sheet rope dying, you are unable to do something, because you in 20 meters from sheet rope, because you in 20 meters from your last way to savehouse. Your face turning to looks like raisin. Cruel, but fair. :lol:

Spoiler

Moving to live in mailbox.

Edited by Unghin

On 14. 9. 2016 at 7:59 PM, GOGOblin said:

WHY? We ill now fall from our balconies because idiot-character climbs whereever he wants, not where the sheet rope is.

Try building a full sized wall on each side of the fence with sheet rope, it makes climbing down a lot safer.