RELEASED: Build 35.26

RobertJohnson

10 minutes ago, GOGOblin said:

Guys guys, the map! It has changed a bit!

Muldraugh storehouse now has normal access to the window

Some crates added here

So, onlime map is kinda obsolete. I wonder if there are any extra railroad fixes :-D

I didn't reexported the map since 35.4/5 or something (big trees), so it was here before :D

Prob some of the addition Mash did without telling me!

Build IWBUMS 35.14:

• Now also highlight corpse you're looting
  • You can now paint your wooden furnitures (crates, chairs, table...)
  • Added various info UI (character creation, inventory, health/skill panel) to help newcomers, but feedback is always appreciated anyways ;)
  • Can't barricade wooden fences
  • Fixed a bug making you're health not decreasing if starving
  • Removed electrician skill requirement to pick up fridge but increased their weight from 30 to 40
  • Reduced move speed even more when carrying heavy objects
  • Scale endurance loss while running being heavy loaded with current weight
  • Now also reduce endurance if you're walking while heavy loaded
  • Now take the weapon needed from the container if needed when upgrading/removing upgrade on it (thanks Snakeman!)
  • Added Fruit Salad (make them from a bowl and add fruits!)
  • Beans Bowl now have happyness reduction just like the open can of beans, cook the bowl to remove the happyness debuff
  • Park Ranger and Lumberjack now move faster in forest (park ranger more than lumberjack)
  • Trap Stick -> Stick Trap
  • Now grab automatically items in the first aid kit (even when not equipped!) when using the health panel menu
  • You can now consolidate 2 drainables (eg. fill a not full petrol can with another, etc.)
  • Increased planks and nails required to build wooden crates from 2 to 3
  • Added Extinguisher to kitchen restaurant loot tables
  • Added TV Remote to sidetables loot table

1 hour ago, ditoseadio said:

Online map is updated a long time ago

Well, 2x is, 1x is not; ok, thanx.

1 hour ago, RobertJohnson said:

Build IWBUMS 35.14:

WHY? We ill now fall from our balconies because idiot-character climbs whereever he wants, not where the sheet rope is.

BTW can we have dismantling to be applied directly to the item I right-click? You see, its imposible to choose when you are surrounded ith crates, for example, have to pick them up instead.. Even worse when have few fences on a balcony (no skybridges, honesly :-D). 

You can now paint your wooden furnitures (crates, chairs, table...)

Added Fruit Salad (make them from a bowl and add fruits!)

Beans Bowl now have happyness reduction

This looks too g..  hedonistic for me. :-D

Removed electrician skill requirement to pick up fridge

Park Ranger and Lumberjack now move faster in forest (park ranger more than lumberjack)

Now grab automatically items in the first aid kit (even when not equipped!) 

You can now consolidate 2 drainables

aragon-viggo-hobbit.jpg

1 hour ago, NagashUD said:

Nice ! hope soon being overloaded will hurt player :D

Me too!

Spoiler

Also waiting for faint and sunhit. ^_^

But:

Removed electrician skill requirement to pick up fridge but increased their weight from 30 to 40

What it may mean? No harm for overload, or it will calculated in other way? I am realy worried about this. :huh:

Also, Extinguisher can be used for fight?

Edited by Unghin

5 minutes ago, RobertJohnson said:

After a talk with the team, carrying heavy object won't give any harm for now, it'll wait 'till new animations

Finally! Thank you very much for answering, RJ. Now I am calm about overload harm ^_^

And what about of faint and sunstroke, can we recieve some information? I know, that I becomes boring with duplicating of this question. But I dunno why this nice features still unfinished?

Faint is a no go for now, same, maybe with new animations, but I'm against forcing the player to faint, could ruin a game, and I always feel like the player could push a bit more to find a real bed or something...

Sunstroke idk, why not, could cause some minor burning, but it'll require new arts for the health panel and i know Mash is busy with the map atm :)

6 minutes ago, RobertJohnson said:

I'm against forcing the player to faint, could ruin a game

Yeah it could indeed, but why not some endurance loss when too much tired? alternative way to faint;
sunstroke sounds good to me, maybe next IWBUMS ? cause i can't wait the new town part of Mash :D

Edited by NagashUD

2 hours ago, RobertJohnson said:
  • Now grab automatically items in the first aid kit (even when not equipped!) when using the health panel menu
  • You can now consolidate 2 drainables (eg. fill a not full petrol can with another, etc.)

AT LAST! No longer I'll have to carry those two almost empty Gas Cans instead of just one!

Oh, thank you, now I am completely calm :D

2 minutes ago, RobertJohnson said:

Faint is a no go for now, same, maybe with new animations, but I'm against forcing the player to faint, could ruin a game, and I always feel like the player could push a bit more to find a real bed or something...

Now I am confused in my opinion for faint. Knowledge about fact of faint, brings more adrenaline for game, but in same time you have to put large efforts to trigger faint. :wacko:

16 minutes ago, RobertJohnson said:

Sunstroke idk, why not, could cause some minor burning, but it'll require new arts for the health panel and i know Mash is busy with the map atm :)

Hurrah! 

On 9/13/2016 at 10:36 AM, RobertJohnson said:

Build IWBUMS 35.13:

• Disassemble context option is now available even if missing tools
  • Disassemble options show what missing tools you need to disassemble
  • Highlight selected loot container in the world (color is currently orange, may subject to change)
  • Rest option is now possible even with no exertion moodle
  • Boredom/Unhappyness no longer increase while reading
  • Drainable item (water bottle, bag of coal, painting...) now reduce weight according to their remaining uses
  • You can now paint almost any interior walls of houses (tell me if i'm missing some!)
  • Digging hole for farming now drain much less fatigue

I am most excited about these in build 35.13!

3 hours ago, RobertJohnson said:

Build IWBUMS 35.14:

• Added various info UI (character creation, inventory, health/skill panel) to help newcomers, but feedback is always appreciated anyways ;)
  • Removed electrician skill requirement to pick up fridge but increased their weight from 30 to 40
  • Now take the weapon needed from the container if needed when upgrading/removing upgrade on it (thanks Snakeman!)
  • Beans Bowl now have happyness reduction just like the open can of beans, cook the bowl to remove the happyness debuff
  • Park Ranger and Lumberjack now move faster in forest (park ranger more than lumberjack)

All of the above are great updates, except the Can't barricade wooden fences!!!! I am really excited to see a number of the suggestions that I brought up implemented into the game over the last few updates. It really makes me feel like a productive member of the community and an indirect member of the team at TIS. At the least its great to have a dev team that listens to its community and continues to make their game better and better.

However, the not being able to barricade fences has me worried. We often would barricade fences on upper levels of our safe houses to prevent us from accidentally jumping over a section of fence that we did not intend to. I think we have all been there where we are standing next to what appears to be the section of fence that has a sheet rope on it. We hold down E and our character decides to jump over the section next to it that does not have a sheet rope. Splat goes our character or a likely broken leg or two. I can see this causing a lot of grieving and rage quits.

With that being said, I'll admit that barricading a fence in that way was a little wonky and didn't feel right. It was simply a solution to the problem (kinda like when we used to have to use a sledgehammer to remove ash tiles).

So what can be done to prevent us from hopping over the wrong fence section? To start, could we have the section that we are right-clicking on highlighted? Similar to how we can highlight corpses and containers now? I know they are not the same (one is a container and the other is a structure) but this would help prevent the issue when using the context menu. Right now you have to read the menu and verify that it says 'remove sheet rope' to make sure you have the right one.

For those of us that use 'E'; I guess I don't have any great ideas? Is it possible to do a check with the sections next to the one that you hope you are jumping over? For example; there are three sections of fence and one in the middle has a sheet rope and the others do not. When trying to use 'E' it would check to see which is the most likely fence section you are trying to jump over? That it would automatically have you climb down the sheet rope instead of jumping to your death just in case you were slightly lined up wrong? Maybe have a confirm message pop up when trying to use 'E' to jump over a fence and hitting 'E' again would confirm it? Something like "No Sheet Rope Present. Are You Sure?". Just brainstorming some ideas.

I am all for allowing your character to jump to their death if you purposefully want them to (even accidentally at times). I just don't want them dieing because I was lined up slightly wrong and he decides to jump over a section that I did not intend him to. Most of us who have played long enough have had something like that happen to them. That's why we used to barricade the fences on each side of the sheet rope. Now we can't implement that 'safety' feature. IRL you just wouldn't jump over the fence without a sheet rope unless you had a death wish.

5 hours ago, RobertJohnson said:

Build IWBUMS 35.14:

All of this is sounding really great! Hey RJ is it possible to make sheets work from the backpack when you are trying to cover up windows?  That would be a great little change.   I see you can make stuff work from inside first aid kits and make crafting mats work from inside the backpack.  Being able to add sheets to windows without having to take them out of the backpack first would also be nice along these kinda lines.  

6 hours ago, RobertJohnson said:

Build IWBUMS 35.14:

This is a fucking stupid decision. Being able to barricade a fence was infinitely helpful to prevent your character from hopping over the wrong fence.

One step forward, two steps back. 

Edited by Sick Boy

1 minute ago, Livio Persemprio said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't barricading fences the only way to apply sheet ropes to said fences? Does this mean that now it's impossible to do so?

No, you could always tie a sheet rope to them, but a barricade was the only way to make a fence impossible to hop over. So barricading the fences around the one with the sheet rope will prevent your character from stupidly choosing the wrong fence and breaking a leg. 

33 minutes ago, Sick Boy said:

This is a fucking stupid decision. Being able to barricade a fence was infinitely helpful to prevent your character from hopping over the wrong fence.

One step forward, two steps back. 

While I agree with you on wanting a way to prevent our characters from incorrectly jumping over the wrong fence, I do not agree with how you expressed your opinion. You added nothing to the discussion but unwarranted vulgarity. If anything the last patch was about 18 steps forward and one step back. With constructive criticism they might agree with us in the community and change it back, or better yet, come up with a better more plausible solution. After all, a plank or two on a fence wouldn't realistically stop us from jumping over it anyways. It was at best a temporary fix to a bigger problem of character control and interaction with the world.

I doubt anyone at TIS read your comment and jumped to their stations to immediately fix the issue. Instead, if they are anything like me, are thinking "Fuck that boy".