RELEASED: Build 35.26

RobertJohnson

6 minutes ago, Rathlord said:

Saying there can't be surprises without it is both juvenile and wrong.

I answered Enigma's post where he says "you always go to the same places to find the same items".  Tell me how this can be changed in a hard-mapped world. 

As I warned you on reddit, stop taking every possible opportunity to take a jab at the game/devs. You don't like stuff, cool, but if you keep posting off topic I will suspend you. 

That was not me this time, honesly, thats all EnigmaGrey, read his post above. 

2 hours ago, RobertJohnson said:

Build IWBUMS 35.11:

• Removed the previous "make hot drink recipe"
  • Now always spawn with a key ring, but still only 40% chance to have the key of your spawn house
  • Hopefully really fixed the MP alarm crash...
  • Fixed thirst not changed when pouring soup/stew into bowls
  • Improved the new inventory tweaks (should fix right click to move your player problem)

So far so good for me! I don't have much time to test this morning, but I did update, and did a quick test. I was able to successfully go to sleep and wake up without the bug occurring. I will test more tonight when I have the time.

Sounds like you're on a trip this weekend. Thank you for taking the time to work on this before you left and have a great trip! So far it looks like you can rest a little easier with this one behind you (we hope)!

15 minutes ago, GOGOblin said:

I answered Enigma's post where he says "you always go to the same places to find the same items".  Tell me how this can be changed in a hard-mapped world. 

Honestly, it sort of already has been changed. There are houses randomly dedicated to a profession. There are barricaded houses full of supplies (and zombies). You are still likely to visit the big warehouses and stuff, but now there are more randomly generated objectives along the way.

9 minutes ago, Rass said:

You are still likely to visit the big warehouses and stuff, but now there are more randomly generated objectives along the way.

Yep, new burnt/barricaded houses are nice, especially those with tons of canned food inside ;) but warehouses and some nice safehouses (or gunshops or mall or river) are always where they are.  Those places are more valuable than random barricades or bodies, much more valuable.  There are a lot of ways to "surprise" a player, but hard-mapped world means there must be other surprises, not geographic ones.

edit: You know what could be a surprise? A burnt-down mall.

Edited by GOGOblin

I'm all for balance.

I really liked that with burnt down houses, there were extra-loot houses as well.

Bigger buildings being burnt aren't totally outlandish as far as balance goes, as long as there is a chance to have a 'fully stocked' big building to go with it (and both sides of the coin are >significantly< rare).

The entirety of the mall being burnt could be a game killer though. I could see a player re-rolling the map for that reason alone.

Edited by Kim Jong Un

4 minutes ago, RobertJohnson said:

As for the above, I saw no attack toward us, so I wonder why even arguing :pm

thats why

Burnt down Mall could be fun yup, but then why not burnt down warehouse? Could be so much game killer...

Burning THE mall is >>> then burning A warehouse, I guess.         There could be heavily looted warehouses also, alarms in warehouses (never met one there)..  Also left trucks on the road with random "crate" things inside..    Or medic or police cars..    There is a lot of ways to add randomness..  except for the map.   

17 minutes ago, RobertJohnson said:

Burnt down Mall could be fun yup, but then why not burnt down warehouse? Could be so much game killer... 

As for the above, I saw no attack toward us, so I wonder why even arguing :pm

Starting in a world with burnt warehouses could be fun,  that would fill the world with "surprises" and make the player change out his playstyle of rushing X warehouse to get X item, it would be just another day in the apocalypse where shit happens.

10 hours ago, morninam said:

im having a control issue with the latest build. I cant spin my character around while I hold the right mouse button down. if i restart the game I can again, but once I kill a zombie my character doesn't follow the direction of the mouse anymore.

I have this issue when i closed the second container window (container loot)

8 hours ago, sodogewow said:

I'm falling down through metal floor in 35.11. Halp.

6 hours ago, Blake81 said:

I can confirm this. And it seems to be at random; some tiles drop you, some others don't. It really makes no sense.

experienced the same thing. I kept forgetting and now I'm stuck in my base with 3 broken bones:x

10 hours ago, sodogewow said:

How do I barricade windows with metal bars? How many of them do i need? It's very rare item, can I obtain it with scavenging?

blowtorch + welding mask + welding rods and metal sheet  in inventory and read metalwork magazines (recipes for craft)

Edited by arkahys
thanks to Blake81

Original:

Где русское радио?) Добавьте пожалуйста!)

Как по мне, нужен баланс у оружия. Это ужасно, когда по вам стреляют с пистолета, как из автомата. Также, человек с ножом, не победит человека с пистолетом на средней дистанции. Я предлагаю сделать хоть какой баланс так: Если человек с ножом атакует в спину - удар чтоб был смертельным. Также чтобы не имея оружия, можно было душить других игроков (только со спины!)

И кстати. Как на счет перка "Маньяк" - Этот человек очень опасен.  Вызывает страх у окружающих (слабый страх мешающий стрельбе).

Google Translite :)  :

Where Russian radio?) Add please!)

As for me, you need a balance in weapons. It's terrible when you shoot a gun, like a machine gun. Also, a person with a knife, not win a man with a gun in the middle distance. I suggest that at least some balance like this: If a man with a knife attack in the back - that was a fatal blow. Also, to not having the weapons, it was possible to strangle the other players (only from the back!)

And by the way. How about the perk "Maniac" - This man is very dangerous. Causes fear in others (a faint fear of interfering shooting).

Just found a rather infuriating issue....

If you mute a radio and then pick it up while it's still turned ON, YOU CAN'T UNMUTE IT AGAIN, even after you put it down. Just made a long run to the Police Station to get myself one of these and now it's as useful as a gun with no trigger....

1 hour ago, Blake81 said:

Just found a rather infuriating issue....

If you mute a radio and then pick it up while it's still turned ON, YOU CAN'T UNMUTE IT AGAIN, even after you put it down. Just made a long run to the Police Station to get myself one of these and now it's as useful as a gun with no trigger....

I've experienced this issue as well, even in the current stable build 34.

I just found out you can also use Metal Pipes to barricade windows (which is what I think sodogewow actually asked). But thing is.... It does nothing. Looks like it's crazy bugged.

I get the Barricade (Metal Bars), when holding 3 PIPES instead of BARS, and even then, it does NOTHING. I already tried every possible tool and component I could think off; even went to pick some screws from WP. And yet, nothing.