RELEASED: Build 35.26

RobertJohnson

16 hours ago, SunGod said:

Obesity should not be negative trait worth of 10 points, its free points in real survival situation

First of all, if one is fat because of cheeseburgers - its ok, but if this is because of some illness - thats not the "proper" fat to spend while hungry. Ingame trait may represent some metabolism failure.

The other disadvantage of +20kg  is worse running, worse overheating. 

Fat (healthy) guys get advantage when they survive in cold and hungry place, while PZ seems to be pretty warm at least at first and has enogh food.

If PZ nutrition will be upgraded and improved later the body fat should be considered as food :-D

1 hour ago, GOGOblin said:

First of all, if one is fat because of cheeseburgers - its ok, but if this is because of some illness - thats not the "proper" fat to spend while hungry. Ingame trait may represent some metabolism failure.

The other disadvantage of +20kg  is worse running, worse overheating. 

Fat (healthy) guys get advantage when they survive in cold and hungry place, while PZ seems to be pretty warm at least at first and has enogh food.

If PZ nutrition will be upgraded and improved later the body fat should be considered as food :-D

fat is fat no matter how you get it, reason people get fat out of cheseburgers is because lots of carbs in buns and sauces combined with fat, coupled with soft drinks as well. Also carb content in modern diet make you hungry all the time, so people are overeating alot, and not exercising so their str/fit levels :P are low as well(brain tells you you are hungry but you really are not). 

your body fat is your reserve food, thats the point of it, 1 kilo of fat is 9000 calories, which can last you from 3 days if you are doing hard work, a week if you are just walking around without much extortion, or 10-11 days if you are just sitting around, so 20-30 kilos of extra fat can push you trough the winter with minimal upkeep. In RL for survival purposes it would be beneficial to fatten up during  warm months so you can survive winter much easier in a situation where you cant preserve food, and crops dont grow.

Edited by SunGod

10 minutes ago, SunGod said:

fat is fat no matter how you get it

Don't insulin-issues lead to some inproper fat metabolism?

11 minutes ago, SunGod said:

so 20-30 kilos of extra fat can push you trough the winter with minimal upkeep.

Sounds too optimistic :-D

I once got rid of ~25 kilos myself - that was not a whole winter, nor starving, nor surviving Z apocalypse, just some food restrictions and gym (not really hard training at all, much less then a common PZ day). But maybe sitting and staring at one spot without moving could realy let me survive for a long time using mostly body fat.

If anyone's in a testing mood and wouldn't mind doing us a favour, we really could do with people running through the IWBUMS branch tutorial. There've been a few micro-tweaks (probably nothing you'd notice easily) but it still might have introduced unexpected bugs.

We'll have the game at the Insomnia games event next week in Birmingham, so it'd be good to know that it's watertight. 

Thank youuuu x

1 hour ago, Batsphinx said:

a few micro-tweaks

I found one bug: disassemble (dismantle?) context menu option on door that does not work (primary hammer, secondary saw). Maybe this optoin needs a screwdriver or better carpentry, I dont know, but it exists an does nothing.

Also a radio that works in hand and doesnt work dropped on the ground is a kinda unpleasant question generator for a tutorial.

3 hours ago, Batsphinx said:

If anyone's in a testing mood and wouldn't mind doing us a favour, we really could do with people running through the IWBUMS branch tutorial. There've been a few micro-tweaks (probably nothing you'd notice easily) but it still might have introduced unexpected bugs.

We'll have the game at the Insomnia games event next week in Birmingham, so it'd be good to know that it's watertight. 

Thank youuuu x

I did it just now and it works fine, no bugs crashes etc.

5 hours ago, Batsphinx said:

Thank youuuu x

Some quick feedback on the tutorial, just running around or randomly spinning is causing some things to auto complete way too fast, so I see a tutorial box for a split second. These should probably have a minimum timer on them since it is a tutorial.

Edit: Already posted a few bugs with the tutorial, some which have been around for quite awhile.

Edited by Moose65

Since in the mondoid its mentioned that small but important stuff are added such as drying of towels and that we are urged to suggest in the forums.

I want to suggest some others that might be a good thing to add

1. Removing of zombie ash (burned zombie)

2. Addition of Red and Black paint.

3. Making clothing as moddable as other items. 

4. Maybe introduce the head slot and shoe slot as well. (No need for this to have the graphic no hurries with visual char display )

Edited by ShuiYin

58 minutes ago, ShuiYin said:

Since in the mondoid its mentioned that small but important stuff are added such as drying of towels and that we are urged to suggest in the forums.

I want to suggest some others that might be a good thing to add

1. Removing of zombie ash (burned zombie)

2. Addition of Red and Black paint.

3. Making clothing as moddable as other items. 

4. Maybe introduce the head slot and shoe slot as well. (No need for this to have the graphic no hurries with visual char display )

You should post this in the suggestion forum over here http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php?/forum/20-pz-suggestions/

Also i am pretty sure than when the animations update drops in, there are going to be different shoes types now and hats, so the slots are already there. 

12 hours ago, Batsphinx said:

Thank youuuu x

I haven't found any bug per say.  The only issue is that there is nothing to do once you've killed the 194 zombies (assuming that's all there is, couldn't attract any more screaming and running with the radio on)...

Shouldn't be a problem with 99.99% of new players but just wanted to point it out.

Maybe have a small Easter Egg if they manage to pull that off like:

"Maybe you'll actually survive for a few days before you die.   Let's see how you do in Survival."

Alternatively, make the zombie able to zoom in a bit more on the player or respawn additional hordes once the population goes below a certain number.

1 hour ago, Blasted_Taco said:

You should post this in the suggestion forum over here http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php?/forum/20-pz-suggestions/

Also i am pretty sure than when the animations update drops in, there are going to be different shoes types now and hats, so the slots are already there. 

thanks i have posted a new thread in suggestion so that small but nagging changes can be suggested there.

Edited by ShuiYin

13 hours ago, Batsphinx said:

Thank youuuu x

Just tested. Everything ran pretty well!

17 minutes ago, Blake81 said:

I'm having a problem with building the Metal Shelves. It seems like no wall is good for them; I have all the materials and the skill, but when I try placing them, they never change from red.

It works for me sometimes, and sometimes it doesn't :/

Build IWBUMS 35.10:

• Falling take your weight, athleticism and type of floor to calcul fracture/damage done
  • Falling more than three storeys is always fatal
  • You now only have 40% chance of spawning with your key ring
  • You now have a minor "chance" to spawn a new player with minor injury (could be bandaged), minor panic or a bit exhausted, won't happen in easy difficulty
  • Wet items (bath towel and dish cloth) will now dry themself after a while, a progress bar is in the tooltip to show you how much time left
  • Coffee and tea bag are now food items
  • New Evolved recipe: Prepare Beverage, from a mug of water, add coffee or tea, sugar/honey/milk if you want and cook it!
  • Reduced how the stats multiplier sandbox option impact fatigue in easy difficulty
  • You now can't destroy ashes with a sledgehammer, use a shovel to remove them instead
  • Stairs planks and nails requirement increased from 8 to 15
  • Can now use Unusable Wood as fire fuel
  • Lot of fruits and vegetables now have thirst reduction
  • Added a "Transfer All" button like the Loot All, it transfer everything in your current inventory that's not equipped/not a key ring
  • Possible fix for the alarm clock crash in MP
  • Pot of soup and stew from evolved recipes now reduce thirst
  • Stop random building code for tutorial (should stop sometimes random zombies spawn)

INVENTORY EXPERIMENTAL TWEAKS:
Goal: make it feel more like a windows explorer

• Using "shift" key now select a list and not a single item (you first select an item, press shift and another item, it'll select everything between your first selection and your second)
  • Using "control" key now select one more item/unselect in the list, just like the "shift" key did before
  • Increrased a tad the highlighted white rectangle of selected items

If you have suggestions for future fixes, please put them in suggestions.

If you need help with the update, please put it in the support section.

If you've encountered a bug, help us squash it by posting in the tracker

If you want to discuss this update or thank Romain and TIS for their work, place it here.

Thanks everyone.