RELEASED: Build 35.26

RobertJohnson

Guys, RJ and the other devs like complex feedback to come into threads here, for easy reading. For things that are obviously bugs, they're better going in the tracker. For example, nutrition feedback is probably best in here, whilst "game crashes to desktop" is best in tracker.

Saying that, we don't enforce either being either side. What we do ask is that you Stay on Topic, and remember the general forum rules. Don't assume hostility when none is intended, :) but also remember, we have quite a few members for whom english is not their first language.

Just a liddle bug Report here. Its possible to open and close doors/windows when someone is dead . Same for turn on/off lights. (Leave game/quit to desktop screen) and by the way reanimate time 0-12 hours is always instant reanimate.  2-3 days always exact on the 2 day . Same for infection time 0-12 hours insta dead. ;-) sorry for my bad english :-D

Edited by Mezanor

Might be a little off-topic, but still relevant for suggestions regarding the improvements towards the build:

Would it be possible to make the font for Russian/Cyrillic letters the same as those used in Radio/TV broadcasts? 

foreign-language-support.png

Because the one that is being used currently in Russian translation is missing the "black borders", making it difficult to read bright font on bright background when the people talk in local chat (the black border behind it helps very little.)

Build IWBUMS 35.7:

• Fixed infinite alarm sound
  • Speed control UI/Moodle UI now change x offset if the Clock is hidden
  • Fixed wired fence wire check before building
  • Claustophobic panic will now depend on the room size + Capped it so beta effect still works
  • Decreased Digital watch sound radius a lot
  • Decrerased a tad Alarm clock sound radius
  • Decreased the time needed to go back to sleep after waking up (from 2h to 1h)
  • Fixed planks barricade level 3 wrong offset
  • Wall frame are now a bit thicker, should be easier to click them
  • Fixed context menu on multi stage object for basic action (so now you can climb player made windows with right click, add sheet rope...)

5 hours ago, DramaSetter said:

Maybe we should add the ability to die from lack of sleep? A few days after the exhaustion, the character is sick and if you do not go to sleep, the disease cure does not turn out.

I don't think you should die from a lack of sleep. Pass out for some time sure, but not die.

Physical exertion though could kill you if you overworked yourself. Chopping down endless trees while hauling massive numbers of logs around could kill a fellow if they didn't pace themselves. Depending on your nutritional/fitness /age level your heart could go out.

With that said I'd personally hate to see my character have a heart attack in a video game. I do like the idea of passing out from lack of sleep if your character is not immediately threatened by zombies.

If zombies were chasing you I doubt you'd ever pass out or die from over exertion; Adrenaline is a hell of a drug.

12 hours ago, CaptKaspar said:

I don't think you should die from a lack of sleep. Pass out for some time sure, but not die.

Physical exertion though could kill you if you overworked yourself. Chopping down endless trees while hauling massive numbers of logs around could kill a fellow if they didn't pace themselves. Depending on your nutritional/fitness /age level your heart could go out.

With that said I'd personally hate to see my character have a heart attack in a video game. I do like the idea of passing out from lack of sleep if your character is not immediately threatened by zombies.

If zombies were chasing you I doubt you'd ever pass out or die from over exertion; Adrenaline is a hell of a drug.

But, if a person does not sleep too long, it weakens the immune system, and therefore it is easier to die from an ordinary disease is 500 times than the man who in the normal state.

13 hours ago, CaptKaspar said:

I don't think you should die from a lack of sleep.

Well, maybe char should not just fall dead, but player should partly loose control on character.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_deprivation

Hallucinations and unpredictable switching-off (you walk, you stumble, you sleep) do not help surviving.  If you don't sleep for 24h its pretty much ok, but if it is 48h - you are deep in trouble.

And lack of sleep  (not no-sleep-at-all)  leads to weakness, headaches, lower immunity, lack of concentration and so on.

ta_2.jpg

11 hours ago, NebNebber said:

We'll all be a little sad when you really can get a back injury from all those planks.

I look forward to it actually, as it is you can build a giant base in the woods in a matter of weeks and it becomes too easy, hopefully we will have sort of vehicles to move heavy loads once that's in

On 8/9/2016 at 5:10 AM, RobertJohnson said:

Build IWBUMS 35.7:

• Fixed infinite alarm sound
  • Speed control UI/Moodle UI now change x offset if the Clock is hidden
  • Fixed wired fence wire check before building
  • Claustophobic panic will now depend on the room size + Capped it so beta effect still works
  • Decreased Digital watch sound radius a lot
  • Decrerased a tad Alarm clock sound radius
  • Decreased the time needed to go back to sleep after waking up (from 2h to 1h)
  • Fixed planks barricade level 3 wrong offset
  • Wall frame are now a bit thicker, should be easier to click them
  • Fixed context menu on multi stage object for basic action (so now you can climb player made windows with right click, add sheet rope...)

awesome job with the claustrophobia/panic tweaking! the sleep system is still giving me some problems though. I might have already posted it but when my character goes to sleep the moodle always sets itself to very tired even if im just drowsy so as a result my character is constantly tired . I play with the restless sleeper trait.

1 hour ago, morninam said:

awesome job with the claustrophobia/panic tweaking! the sleep system is still giving me some problems though. I might have already posted it but when my character goes to sleep the moodle always sets itself to very tired even if im just drowsy so as a result my character is constantly tired . I play with the restless sleeper trait.

My character also has restless sleeper and whenever I go to sleep (even when exhausted) I only sleep for maybe 4 hours then I wake up in the middle of the night. I go back to sleep and I instantly attain the very tired moodle, then it quickly goes away. Then a couple hours after all my sleeping I become tired again. It's like never ending tiredness.

Been off the scene for quite a long time, waiting for animation update to kick in. its awesome that the walls and roofs now have really been completed by adding metal components (only brick walls left now, that i consider possible to setup after the apocalypse, i hope we are given the ability to mod all walls properties one day) and also i cant wait to try the new construction sytem too. New sleep mechanics also sounds interesting.

The new digital clock thing also is a nice addition (i hope you are making this moddable, which is why this game is the best zombie game for me) so like we can introduce our own watches too that might have 1 or both feature of showing the clock and setting alarm. So maybe u are using a normal watch worth 10$ then you found a water resistant patek phillipe watch im sure you will swap it for the patek :p.

Great improvement guys :)

2 hours ago, RobertJohnson said:

Oh shiet, sorry for the fatigue thing, it's a bug I introduced, gonna release something to fix this today, just looking to fix bit more stuff first...

Can you make it possible to Barricade the Fence walls from "East" facing positions? They're still unable to be barricaded similarly to how the walls were unable to be upgraded on the 2nd floor edges. If they face east on the edge of a non-ground floor your character wont barricade them.

A brief bit of feedback.  I also noticed the constant "tired" with restless sleeper, glad that is getting a fix. I'm having some trouble with the "upgrade" walls menu, it seems to require you to be pretty exact on your clicks, and as a result it can be a bit frustrating. I've had the same problem with foraging, incidentally with struggling to find the correct place to click. What I think might help is a way to highlight the area, like the place menu's highlighting, it shows where your target is; so when your trying to forage or upgrade walls, you have some idea of where your suppose to be clicking at, I'm sure other areas could be similarly improved.

Build IWBUMS 35.8:

• Fixed a bug making you always tired
  • Added missing object as bed (bar stool, barber chair...)
  • Fixed wrong burnt fencing on some fencing
  • Now remove curtains if a windows burn
  • Barricade action can take items from your backpacks (Greas's suggestion)
  • Can't barricade metal fences anymore
  • Added a new MP server option FastForwardMultiplier (default 40.0, min 1.0 max 100.0), define how much the time will accelerate when all players are sleeping

2 hours ago, RobertJohnson said:

Build IWBUMS 35.8:

• Fixed a bug making you always tired
  • Added missing object as bed (bar stool, barber chair...)
  • Fixed wrong burnt fencing on some fencing
  • Now remove curtains if a windows burn
  • Barricade action can take items from your backpacks (Greas's suggestion)
  • Can't barricade metal fences anymore
  • Added a new MP server option FastForwardMultiplier (default 40.0, min 1.0 max 100.0), define how much the time will accelerate when all players are sleeping

Email away to 400+. Sorry, I've been relatively bad at getting the changelog emails out this past week :/