RELEASED: Build 35.26

RobertJohnson

11 hours ago, RobertJohnson said:

I took those numbers from an american website + wallmart, so be sure you're looking at USA stuff before saying numbers is not correct, but you can PM me with correct numbers if you see some fails!

Hmm, odd that tuna would be listed this way, as canned tuna is really never that fatty lol. It's about the same as I mentioned on the Walmart site ( http://www.walmart.com/ip/Great-Value-Light-Tuna-Chunk-In-Water-5-oz/11965048 ) so maybe that other American site was off for some reason. But yes I am American, and these observations are simply from me being a diet/workout nut that reads all my nutritional facts (even when buying junk food) lol

Anyway, thanks for the reply and sounds good :D I'll try to put together a decent list of things I notice so I don't spam your PM box with single spottings :)

I'm amazed by how much data you've input for the food btw! There's so many items that I'm sure I wont even know the values for some in real life lol

Edit: I love the Nutritionist trait because it lets me count my calories and protein like I do in real life :P It's a "must take trait" for me now lol

Thanks for making such an awesome system that I can even do that :D One of the many reasons why PZ and you all at TIS are the best :)

Edited by Kuren

Out of curiosity since we now have new build options and with the new animation system coming up, is there a chance that the ability to open up garage doors maybe with a slow opening animation might be added in the future? Also to point out, the new build completely craps out when it tries to reload the lua.

31 minutes ago, commando110 said:

Out of curiosity since we now have new build options and with the new animation system coming up, is there a chance that the ability to open up garage doors maybe with a slow opening animation might be added in the future? Also to point out, the new build completely craps out when it tries to reload the lua.

I had the same problem, looks like Hydrocraft will make your screen go black everytime you reload lua or exit a save.

If you aren't using Hydrocraft , idk.

Not to be the guy who keeps piling on stuff for the devs to do, but is there any chance we'll get brick/cinder-block materials/walls? Sheet metal walls and shacks make a certain amount of sense, especially late in the apocalypse (where you're more likely to see them) and for internal buildings, but cinder-block walls seem like a more natural progression. At least they'd make a very nice "high level" version of the log walls. Great job on this update though guys, it's awesome! :)

1 hour ago, Absle said:

Not to be the guy who keeps piling on stuff for the devs to do, but is there any chance we'll get brick/cinder-block materials/walls? Sheet metal walls and shacks make a certain amount of sense, especially late in the apocalypse (where you're more likely to see them) and for internal buildings, but cinder-block walls seem like a more natural progression. At least they'd make a very nice "high level" version of the log walls. Great job on this update though guys, it's awesome! :)

This would be a great post for the suggestion board since I don't think they can tack this on to the next build 35 patch :)

19 minutes ago, RobertJohnson said:

Can someone explain me the "can't build walls south/east" with screenshots? Tried for 4 directions and it worked here :/

Yesterday I had that problem but now seems to be fine for me.

I think is because of the hitbox of the wall frame. When building a wall , you need to click the wood or metal from the wall frame , if you don't click the wood or metal doesn't work.

And sorry but looks like steam takes time to upload the screenshots. Will edit if I can.

Build IWBUMS 35.3:

• Fixed metalwork magazines being destroyed when read
  • Fixed clothings not being removed
  • You can now build while having materials inside bags
  • Fixed issue with disassembling an empty container
  • Disassembling now take less time
  • Added foraging skill book                                                                 
  • Now automatically equip the welding mask and blowtorch before doing any metal construction
  • Fixed bugs in multi stage building, you can now directly create a wall lvl 2 or 3 if you have the required skill

I agree that the pain effecting sleep threshold seems a little low, a single small scratch is keeping me from falling asleep until high levels of tiredness, I feel like it could be bumped up a moodle level for when it starts to effect sleep. Really enjoying the sleep changes besides that. 

Scratch that, hand't slept with pain since the 35.2 update, that works much better. :-)

I am curious if anyone has found a digital watch? I've spent quite sometime searching high and low and still haven't found one. Really want to know if its alarm is a bit quieter than the alarm clock. 

Nutrition seems to be working much better than before, weight gain/loss is much more manageable, and i can maintain weight (maybe a little slow on loss?).

I'm really curious if there is any intent to include nutritional deficiencies or diseases? Something like scurvy or protein deficiency. Weight feels like a stat that I'm managing, it isn't requiring me to balance my diet more than I would anyways. I feel like adding even a couple deficiencies would cause me to think much more about my food supply and what it consists of, and would cause me to search out sources of a given nutrient. I love that nutrition is working without me having to count calories, I would be unlikely to use it at that point, but a few deficiencies to watch out for I think would add a lot to the current system.

Edited by pershgn
Foot in mouth

1 hour ago, RobertJohnson said:

Can someone explain me the "can't build walls south/east" with screenshots? Tried for 4 directions and it worked here :/

It's not because of the hit box.

Try building a wall on an edge of a second floor. Facing "east" or "south". Your character seems to want to walk around to the "front" of the wall, but because you're on the second floor, the pathing wont force it to walk off the edge, so you just stand there doing nothing. 

I've included a screenshot like you asked, obviously the frame is "phased" out because it's in the foreground and I'm slightly behind it. None of those options to apply planks to the frame do anything when selected because the "pathing" of the frame or whatever causes your character to walk around to the front of the frame. 

(I suspect it's why you can't "barricade" short wall fences that face east or south either.)

20160801124023_1.jpg

20160801124423_1.jpg

Edited by Sick Boy

1 minute ago, RobertJohnson said:

Ooohh, ok, I see, gonna fix that for next version :)

Thanks a lot for the screenshot and the explanation!

Hell yeah. No problem. Do you think you could also fix the ability to barricade the short fences? They have a similar problem. You can barricade the North and West facing fences, but not the East or South fences.