RELEASED: Build 35.26

RobertJohnson

1 hour ago, Kuren said:

Right?! So much fun fighting off a group of zombies in as you wander through the woods now :D

It's amazing how a slight change to the world can make it that much better :)

It is a slight change but a lot of the map is forest! 

The deep wall of small trees always felt rather wrong. It's great that they changed the look and spacing of the trees!

Hey! I'm away from PC for a long time and cannot really test IWBUMS, but here's a tip for smithing so it doesn't feel unrealistic: perhaps you can make all smithing-related structures unobtainable, and make actual factories outside of town (in less populated areas far away from the city) so going there would be an adventure to plan. Probably 2-3 factory buildings would be enough for the whole map, scattered on the edges. They would be enterable like the Logging Corp, big on the inside. Instead of log cutters there would be big advanced machinery structures which need 8-9 LVL in Metalworking to operate and demolish, so no trolls would join and instantly break them.

Those machines inside factories are the only things that you can use to make advanced stuff.

Imagine a clan war on a server, people fighting for technology. Factories would be difficult to locate and operate, maybe you need 3+ players to use them. Maybe you can upgrade them and maybe it's not that easy. And what if someone already took over the factory? If it's all barricaded and trapped?

I'll make a full suggestion as I get home.

TL;DR unobtainable stone chimneys, limited on the map, can be broken, respawns if not seen for x days.

Hello I have a problem with the resolution of the game on this build. Didn't happen with build 34

Doesn't matter if it's windowed , windowed borderless or fullscreen , every time I add or remove a mod OR I exit the game to the main menu , the game just gets pitch black and I'm only able to hear the music.

I'm using 1280x720 (Recommended) but my native resolution is 1920x1080.

Reinstalled the game and works fine , thanks anyways.

Edited by axeladalidez78

Ok, so I did a quick search and didn't come up with anything, but I haven't had time to look through this whole thread.  Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere.

I'm not sure if it's a bug, so I wanted to check if anyone else is having this problem.  First off, I didn't have mods turned off, so that might be the issue right away (anyone using hydrocraft, can you confirm the below also?)

EDIT:  I just saw someone just posted about this about 2 hours ago.  But I can confirm what Sick Boy noticed.  I can build the wall frames without issue, but it seems like I can't build the wall or window panel unless I'm directly in front of it.  For example, I can build a complete wall if I'm building one north (above) me, but if I build a wall frame south of me, I can't complete it without walking around to the other side of it.  This is problematic if I'm building a wall on the 2nd floor or above, as there is no floor on the other side.

Second, I over ate on day one, so my weight started creeping up, but I'm noticing after 3 days of staying in a state of constant hunger, I'm not losing weight.  Any tiny amount of food I eat still makes me gain weight.  Also, does calorie expenditure come into play at all?  I ran from Cortman medical to the large warehouse and back (probably several miles) on day 2, and chopped down roughly 50 trees on days 3 and 4, but I still gained weight.  My weight isn't increasing rapidly, but the fact I gained any weight at all after putting myself on an apple diet seems, odd.

Edited by Mike280

What controls the Jumbo Trees? Is it the erosion settings?

In SP I have Jumbo Trees.

In MP on my locally hosted server, I do not.

In MP on a server far far away, I do have big trees.

I am not sure why my server does not have them and how I should go about fixing it. Is it because erosion hasn't had time to 'grow' them yet? The server is set to pause when empty.

39 minutes ago, CaptKaspar said:

I am not sure why my server does not have them and how I should go about fixing it. Is it because erosion hasn't had time to 'grow' them yet? The server is set to pause when empty.

These trees generates on new or unexplored chunks of an old map I think.

1 hour ago, CaptKaspar said:

Yep thats true.

On ‎7‎/‎28‎/‎2016 at 9:12 AM, Bull Dog said:

That's really awesome of you guys! Btw, some feedback about IWBUMS and Zomboid in general:

I feel like there are slowly too many niches. I wish you could learn to do a variety of different things without too much specialization. Feels like the career choice locks me down too much. Maybe like books for individual things to build?

Do what I do and start unemployed. You are a blank slate and may have a few traits with those points you save. The best thing is, you can JOT, especially with skill books.

2 hours ago, Erkinwine said:

Do what I do and start unemployed. You are a blank slate and may have a few traits with those points you save. The best thing is, you can JOT, especially with skill books.

JOT? Today I was super happy when I found a generator and a "how to connect generator" manual alongside. Felt like being an electrician required too much work.

After building the wooden wall frame, when I then build the wooden walls themselves, there is no noise and my carpentry experience doesn't raise. I was wondering if this was normal for everyone, of if I'm having a weird glitch.

Sorry if this has already been mentioned, I scanned the thread and didn't see anything about it.

1 hour ago, EnigmaGrey said:

I do not know what this means.

It's a reference to Pokemon Go and the recent bug/issue of the tracking feature ("Nearby") not working for the past week or so. Needless to say Niantic is most likely a larger development team with far more resources and money to go around so I'm assuming/hoping this is a joke with good intentions, saying people who complain about TIS are silly to do so when Niantic hasn't fixed bugs people have been complaining about since day one and Pokemon Go is a far more successful game to say the least. Then again, I could be wrong and it's just a random reference for the sake of making it and trying to be funny :P lol

You guys are MOre awesome, just did a bug report for ya, quick question : do i have to be a metalworker by profession to build anything from metal? I noticed,maybe incorrectly, that id need at least 1 skill point in metal. Is there a way to get points like in the electrician skill i.e dismantling stuff?

Thanx

9 hours ago, RobertJohnson said:

Guys, you're awesome on the feedback and such, but please open a tracker when finding a bug, it makes life of debugging so much easier for me :D

Thanks a lot, keep on chasing pokemon while avoiding dead walkers! Wait, i'm so confused now...

Btw, I've been wondering about this but hesitant to post about it. Is there a certain place we should post/report nutritional data that's off on certain food items? And what do the numbers represent exactly? I assume it's based off of grams, as most nutritional facts on real food do for protein, carbs and fat but I'm just not sure since it's only numbers. When I notice it it's usually just something like it being overly fatty or not having any protein when it should be a protein heavy item but nonetheless I feel like a realistic game like PZ can and should get it right and I'm happy to do my part and help if I can :) lol

Like for example, the can of tuna in the game has stats of Carbs=0, Proteins=15 and fat=34, with a total of 370 calories. Now I eat a can of tuna (that looks just like the one in the graphic) every morning for the very reason that it doesn't have this much fat in it and is mostly protein (side of the can has fat listed as 0.5g per serving [with two servings per can, equaling 1g per can] and protein listed as 13g [equaling 26g per can]and the calories only reach 120 when counting both servings [but I understand if the calories on items are purposely high due to the days not being that long by default]). Basically the game has it as a fatty food when in reality it's got almost no fat and should be mostly protein.

I've noticed other foods in the past that have their nutritional facts messed up in weird ways too but I figured since the system was going through so much work in the early days of it that it was better to wait until things under the hood where closer to being done before focusing on these simple stats. Either way, I've seen a lot of them and I'd be happy to report them whenever I notice more :) Just wanna make sure I do it in the right place and that you all care about these changes and feedback before I do.