RELEASED: Build 35.26

RobertJohnson

Build IWBUMS 35.2:

West point big trees!
Fixed multi stage building didn't show for other players in MP
Fixed multi stage building not being saved on server side
Fixed doubled entry for multi stage building in MP
Fixed metal crate option (not you can build it :p)
Added generic items drop for scavenging if your scavenging failed
Added more items to disassemble
Removed the % shown in disassemble menu, the calcul is more complex and is per material, not global (fridge have metal AND electriconics...)
Balanced scavenging definitions
Now if you can disassemble an item but his container is not empty, we show a disabled option for it
Added more string to translation
Changed Metalwelding to Metalworking
Metal welding (metal furnitures) now also require welding rods (drainable item, found in the same places as a blowtorch)
Fixed bunch of crashes due to alarm clock (when thrown on the ground or in bag...)
Lowered the "power" of the alarm clock sound (should attract zombies in a less big area)
Fixed a bug in eating food ("can't eat more" sometimes wouldn't appears, thanks vanorfeadiel!)
You can now sleep if you're in pain but really tired, you won't have a good night though... ;)
Fixed exploit with disassembling (thanks ditoseadio!)
Fixed building metal items sometimes added carpentry xp
Now reduce nutrition value to pasta and rice when put in a saucepan or pot

1 minute ago, RobertJohnson said:

Wouldn't be early access if we didn't listen to you :D

Other stuff in this patch note are also from your thoughts, it's why IWBUMS is so wonderfull! :D

That's really awesome of you guys! Btw, some feedback about IWBUMS and Zomboid in general:

I feel like there are slowly too many niches. I wish you could learn to do a variety of different things without too much specialization. Feels like the career choice locks me down too much. Maybe like books for individual things to build?

hosted a dedicated  IWBUMS 35.2 server, removed sweater but playermodel is still wearing it, other player in the server have the same problem. Worked in 35.1 so seems to be new. Should I make an "official" bugreport in the tracker or will this suffice?

Edited by GodAmongMen

Metal tube vs metal pipe ? ;)
Can't place the metal shelves still :/ or sometimes on wrong places (behind an existing shelve or furniture)
a sound of metal welding would be welcome btw :D
Collisions of meral poles/metal fences are still wrong :/
Dismantel option shows only on unempty containers make impossible the dismantel action (not visible on empty containers)

Edited by NagashUD

metalworker proffesion: Starts with learned recipes
Make Metal Walls/fences/containers/sheet but welding magazines said i'm not learned that on tooltips.
Also metalwork magazines on newitems.txt:
Name of item: MetalworkMag1
Code ReplaceOnUse    =   MetalworkerMag1
ReplaceOnUse need to be changed to MetalworkMag1

Edited by Snakeman

Doors can be dismantled being metal barricaded
Removed clothes also do not remove clothes on character ! O_o
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=733223828

Also invisible corpses came back on PZ !

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=733223828

What do i need more to make metal crates ? O_o
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=733233218

Probably still stuck on level 4 metalworking, dunno, waiting the others feedback.

Edited by NagashUD

5 hours ago, RobertJohnson said:

Build IWBUMS 35.2:

West point big trees!

Thank you so much :D I know it seems like a small thing to some people but I've been so excited for these :P And now, after trying them out from the comfort of my beloved West Point, I have to say they're amazing :)

I really love how you can navigate through the deep woods without just scraping along through the packed trees we had before. It's still pretty tight, it's still kind of dark and it's still risky when zombies are nearby but it's way more enjoyable than the previous method of just pushing through darkness and hoping you're not too exhausted to run when you hear a zombie lol. The low visibility combined with the small but existing space to move and look around made for some exciting zombie encounters for me already :) All in all I already love it and it's a big step towards rounding out the wilderness aspects of the game :)

Anyway, thanks again :D It's now time for me to find a place in the woods and see if I can keep my weight healthy with the new nutrition system adjustments :)

P.S. I know the system is just using calories right now but are there still any plans to use the other data, like carbs, proteins and fats, to help determine energy, strength/muscle weight and fat weight? I understand if you all aren't sure yet and/or don't want to say but I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask :) Just love the idea/challenge of keeping up with a healthy protein intake during the apocalypse :P

Edited by Kuren

4 minutes ago, RobertJohnson said:

System use all this already :D Lipids/Carb/Prot/Calories, all have an effect

Awesome :D I didn't see it in the notes so I assumed it was still just calories that were important and that it only tied into weight. Sorry I missed it :P Now I'm even more excited to try it out again :)

Thanks for the quick and friendly reply :D

19 hours ago, Trojan_Turps said:

The Big trees are awesome :D

the zombie infested forest is so much more fun now. 

Right?! So much fun fighting off a group of zombies as you wander through the woods now :D

It's amazing how a slight change to the world can make it that much better :)

Edited by Kuren

hey RJ a bit of feedback.

Can you make large trees not to block vision ?

And about dismantle thing, I did a bit of testing with metalworker and when you dismantle metal furnitures for mats you get so little (compared to what you need to build them) that it's better to just pick them up and move to your safe house.

I know that you get exp and you can use those mats to build walls etc.

The dismantle process takes quite a long time. Way longer than building things. IMO it's good that things takes longer (imo building in PZ is way to fast) but compared to other actions we can make it feels weird.

Is place where we sleep affect how long we sleep etc ? Or only moodles are affecting it (like pain or panic). If not , did you consider adding sleep quality based on where we sleep (bed <-> chair).