Different keys for melee/stomp

NagashUD

Hi everyone, just realized 90% of my deaths come from this damn key, wanted to push back a zombie, and my character hit an other zombie on the floor (using space key for melee). I think it could be a good idea to have the possibility to chose the keys for melee and stomping.

Edited by NagashUD

1 minute ago, EnigmaGrey said:

If you're stomping on a zombie, it's about to become a crawler and close enough that you're unlikely to get away from it.  You should probably be running at this point, rather than standing your ground.

here , that's a huge problem, i talking about a zombie who fell on the ground, really confusing action :
https://www.twitch.tv/nagashud/v/79910672

10 sec video to show

And the point about to run away because a zombie is on the floor will not really help on highter difficulties :/ esp when i just killed some hordes before.
When you analise the video at the first second, my character tried to stomp a dead zombie, i killed it and still tried to stomp , the action should have been canceled to take place of a melee, but it did not

Edited by NagashUD

26 minutes ago, NagashUD said:

i killed it and still tried to stomp

Never seen this before, char stomps only "not that dead" Zs. And pushing Zs away always has higher priority, than stomping.

If you are standing in the centre of a fight there are 4 options: to finish by stomping, to push, to finish with a weapon, to hit with a weapon. I don't think adding just one buttion will make it clear what to do without autoaiming of some kind. 

fight description : zombie woman was dead by knife (one shot) then i tried to push back second zombie on the front , my character stomped ; then i pushed back the zombie (black with grey hairs) , stomped once, second was supposed to push back the purple shirt zombie female with long hairs; failed into an other stomp; then comes the zombie surprise, but supposing one bite me, the stomp wasn't supposed to be done, cause i turned my character on the right direction. If i had an other key, even if i would have die  probably helped me alot in this situation, and like i said, 90% of my death comes like this, or sometimes the wrong zombie getting hit, missing some accuracy but i think a different key would really help .

Edited by NagashUD

2 hours ago, NagashUD said:

90% of my deaths come from this damn key

https://www.twitch.tv/nagashud/v/79910672

Fighting a pack of zed's, surrounded and in darkness - thats the reason of this particular death, lol.

But I agree, something should be done, because stomping a Z while not seeing it (character stomps ground because his arc of view doesn't let a Z to be seen) is.. not good. It is not the case of a swirling crowd of Z's or some kind of building or furniture to block LoS, just one Z on the grass and a character that stands on its head but doesn't see it. 

Edited by GOGOblin

30 minutes ago, GOGOblin said:

Fighting a pack of zed's, surrounded and in darkness - thats the reason of this particular death, lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2Z-00J0-Fg

Because a lol is not really enjoyable to read (sandbox loot very rare, zombies tough and strong , hight spawn rate, winter, 6 month after apocalypse etc) , i reply you a video about what is fighting with a knife in darkness with a real ambiance !