why not do a kickstart for co-op multiplayer?

worstar

Hi guys

Firstly I love this game I got it way back before it was on Desura and played it a bit then left it for a while came back when it went on Desura and now on Steam.

One of my fave games.

However I am dying for the co-op or multiplayer to come out, I play alot of co-op games with my partner and friends and I tell them all about this game but they would rather play co-op.

So why not do a kickstart to get the game into multiplayer/ co-op I would support it!!

How would Kickstarter really help get the game into Multiplayer/Co-Op?

All it would achieve, in my view, is some extra funding, some more promises to be fulfilled, and a bunch of people expecting rewards of varying value (considering it would likely be kind of redundant for someone who already owns a copy of PZ to give to the cause for any tier involving a[nother] copy of the game).

As I understand it, the TIS team is already a satisfactory size (for their development methods), and extra funding would not get many/any more man-hours of programming out of them.

So besides having extra cash to possibly employ more programmers (something I've not seen the developers actively hope for), a Kickstarter would be fruitless - although probably get a bit more media/indie gamer exposure.

I don't think any 'reasonable' form of multiplayer can even be developed alongside the current developments, without first waiting for them to be completed to a stable form.

I feel as if you think that going on Kickstarter to get extra funding will result in a great improvement in the speed of multiplayer development, but I don't think that is really the case at all.

(Though the Devs may prove me wrong, extra funding might be exactly what they need to decrease development time)

Eh, it's more of a time thing.

They firstly want to complete the NPC's, Kate and Baldspot, Westpoint, before adding co-op and multiplayer. 

Even if they had some more money the above mentioned things would have to be completed first for the co-op/multiplayer to be implemented.

They've pretty much hit the nail on the head from my perspective. There are already things that need to be done beforehand, and while more money is always nice (and it's not that TIS doesn't need it, necessarily) they're not going to give up on their current goals and push multiplayer for any reason.

They've made clear right from day one that above all else PZ should be a fulfilling, fully fleshed out single player game. They decided to add multiplayer at a later date and only after they're sure that it is a complete and satisfactory experience in single player.

I just got diarrhoea from this....

This has been covered so many times.

........................................... I'm really disappointed.

wxtirKR.pngModerator Warning

THE GOLDEN RULE, from which all will follow:

1) Be Lovely

We want a friendly, helpful atmosphere here Of course there will be disagreements from time to time, but civil discourse only, please. No flaming, trolling, newbie-bashing, or similar.

-RoboMat

i think if anything they would just do a stretch goal, not a whole new kickstarter project.

But as we've said... there's no need. It's already planned and money isn't holding multiplayer back at this point? Also, you can't have stretch goals without a Kickstarter in the first place, and they don't need a Kickstarter as they already have a funding system.