Creating Fertilizer

sub439

So after playing my world for the past 3 months i've been combing each and every warehouse and possible crate spawns to look for Fertilizer. IF there is somebody out there though that would hear my plea i would like to see an ability to create a composter to create fertilizer for my crops. An actual composter is pretty easy to create and by tossing food and organic matter into the composter and adding water, as well as direct sunlight it can turn plant and animal matter into fertilizer in 30-90 days. The only way i could see this working is by instead of making it keep things fresh like refrigerators speed up the decaying process by a certain amount and have food rot into appropriate amounts of fertilizer to its weight.

.Compost Bin.jpg

Maybe but i have a very difficult time getting my farms up and running in time to fight off the hordes from inside my defenses. Usually i just sit in my base and wait them out but without being able to kick my farms into overdrive i tend to die if they sit outside for too long. If not possible to do it as a placeable object. it could even be a part of a very difficult recipe that requires like 1 compost bin, and 30 or 40 food objects to produce 4 bags of fertilizer.