Hedonism / asceticism

GOGOblin

It would be a good idea to keep in mind for when there's a rework of the happiness/unhapiness and mental sanity.

Until then, assuming those gives points, they would be too much like the "get drunk easily" trait that was removed.

14 hours ago, MyTJ said:

Until then, assuming those gives points, they would be too much like the "get drunk easily" trait that was removed.

No points given/taken because both traits give no real advantage or penalty, they only somewhat adjust the character's personality. 

How could you personally insult me like that?! || UR A Hedonism / asceticism

(Just joking) ;) | Anyways This is a cool, I like. :D 

It's neat, but I get the impression that if the majority of the target audience have to google the word, it ain't happening. :P The only time I've ever heard the word 'hedonism' used outside of a classics/history lecture was hedonism bot from Futurama - and asceticism far rarer than that.

I meant more 'general fans of zombie and survival games'. Not to say we're an uneducated bunch, but that's a tall order of much of the population.

I am curious if all of the devs know those words though.

1 minute ago, Scyoni said:

I am curious if all of the devs know those words though.

I hope so, I do not know where those guys are from, I guess people outside USA and/or older than 20 have better chances.

I didn't expect your coment, I supposed both words are quite clear, although rarely used.

In Russia we use the word "ascetical" pretty often to describe something simple or even primitive (in an ironic way) so the origin of this word is pretty much known. The word "Hedonism" is rarely used,  indeed, as words like "epicurean" (which is misused for centuries) and others of this sort.