Rain Barrel with Sink

samuk190

36 minutes ago, Bughunter66 said:

That's kinda OP.

would like pipes with which we could make filters for rainwater so we could collect clean water into a closed barrel or container of some sort that could then be used with a sink. However, I also don't mind the way it is now.

Edited by dannyisdude

3 hours ago, dannyisdude said:

The sinks give untainted water.

I would consider this as a bug, because it don't make any sense for me.

32 minutes ago, dannyisdude said:

would like pipes with which we could make filters for rainwater so we could collect clean water into a closed barrel or container of some sort that could then be used with a sink. However, I also don't mind the way it is now.

I'm not sure if with only a homemade  filter you can "clean" the water in the same way as boiling, but that's only my opinion

Just now, JonJon said:

I'm not sure if with only a homemade  filter you can "clean" the water in the same way as boiling, but that's only my opinion

Well, rainwater alone should be pure, and if you filter it immediately after it lands, say, collecting it with funnel that goes through filtered pipe into a closed space, nothing should be able to grow in it, nor should any inorganic matter be able to get in it.

2 minutes ago, dannyisdude said:

Well, rainwater alone should be pure, and if you filter it immediately after it lands, say, collecting it with funnel that goes through filtered pipe into a closed space, nothing should be able to grow in it, nor should any inorganic matter be able to get in it.

Well, in the case of rainwater I agree, but the filter should have a bar of usage so it won't be infinite, but for water collect from rivers, you shouldn't be allowed to use just the filter to purify it.

And about bigger containers to storage clean water it's really a must have.

I have a question for you americans, here in Brasil it's common to have this water boxes in almost every house, like this one:

caixa-da-agua-cisterna.jpg

They usually stay in the roof of the houses, and it gives us some time of water if the distribution system had a problem.

Maybe have something like this to storage water in our bases will be interesting,

I'm only talking about rainwater with the filter, as any sort of ground water could not be filtered with something nearly as simple as rainwater. As for storing the water, I think it would be cool to connect water pipes to some 55 gallon drums, like you can find at some warehouses, and use those to store water.

1 hour ago, dannyisdude said:

I'm only talking about rainwater with the filter, as any sort of ground water could not be filtered with something nearly as simple as rainwater. As for storing the water, I think it would be cool to connect water pipes to some 55 gallon drums, like you can find at some warehouses, and use those to store water.

Understood and agree with your point, and the 55 gallon looks some great reservoir.

On 7/17/2016 at 4:50 PM, dannyisdude said:

From the CDC:

"While useful for many things, rainwater is not as pure as you might think, so you can’t assume it’s safe to drink. Rain can wash different types of contaminants into the water you collect (for example, bird poop on your roof could end up in your water barrel or tank). Rainwater can carry bacteria, parasites, viruses, and chemicals that could make you sick, and it has been linked to disease outbreaks 3-4. " http://www.cdc.gov/healthywater/drinking/private/rainwater-collection.html

• 1 month later...
On 7/17/2016 at 2:16 AM, Kim Jong Un said:

Tried this just now, rain barrel was one level above and offset by one tile (any direction) and it worked.

I tried this in a player made safe house. I put a rain barrel on the roof of the structure I made. I then took a sink from a home and placed it on a counter/bar element directly below the rain barrel.

It does not work for me.

Do you know if it needs to be offset by one tile? Did you do this without moving a sink?

1 minute ago, CaptKaspar said:

I tried this in a player made safe house. I put a rain barrel on the roof of the structure I made. I then took a sink from a home and placed it on a counter/bar element directly below the rain barrel.

It does not work for me.

Do you know if it needs to be offset by one tile? Did you do this without moving a sink?

It doesn't matter if the sink has been moved, it works either way. You just need to offset the barrel by one tile.

Just now, dannyisdude said:

It doesn't matter if the sink has been moved, it works either way. You just need to offset the barrel by one tile.

Thanks I'll give this a try today! I guess maybe my problem was that the rain barrel was directly over the sink?

16 minutes ago, CaptKaspar said:

It does not work for me.

Has to be offset by a single tile. Any direction will work.