Pushing with weapons instead of bare hands

Keshash

Inspired by the Bloody massacre video.  Warning: to understand this post correctly you need to listen to this.

So, I suggest to replace current pushing attack ("space" by default) with weapon pushing. For example, with the end of the bat. The main reasons are that current attack would be too dangerous in ZA, because zombie could easily bite your arm, and because pushing 3 zombies at a time with almost 100% success chance is slightly OP.

Allowing to push only 1 zombie at a time with a weapon would be much better (Just like hitting 1 at a time in the video).  Also, if the character has no weapon, it would be logical to add small (!) chance of zombie being not pushed and is starting to bite you instead (For a weak characters). 

Or, as an alternative, kicking with a leg, because it would take slightly more time for zombie to grab a leg.

Edited by Keshash

I personally don't like pushing (or hitting) multiple zombies at a time as well, that's why I play with mods. I like your idea, though. I hope TIS will make animations for that or allow for easy animation & model modding.

Kick would be awesome as well (I myself wrote a suggestion for that years ago).

I think they've stated there will be a rifle butt animation at least, so I'm sure there'll be some weapon specific animations. Not too hard to imagine pushing a zombie against a wall with a bat either considering there is supposedly (according to lemmy) "crawling back and kicking zoms in the face".

1 minute ago, MadDan2013 said:

I think they've stated there will be a rifle butt animation at least, so I'm sure there'll be some weapon specific animations.

Definitely mentioned by Martin in a Mondoid interview.