Baskets/wicker

GOGOblin

There are "forage foods", "forage medicines",  "forage tools" , so lets add "forage containers".

Removing bush and chopping trees should give us proper twigs and  bark to make a lot of things:

small baskets to hold in hand;

huge basket to be used as a backpack;

huge baskets to use as crates;

hats;

chairs and other furniture.

T2vW5oXA8XXXXXXXXX_!!341929293.jpgкороб заплечный.jpgкорзина-для-дров-2-825x683.jpg

That'd be cool to have and see someone filling them with food from trees or something. (If that was ever added too.) Not sure how easy it'd be to make, but I'm sure the devs could decide on that. Considering we'll be able to build metal barricades, a basket should be easy enough. Or, they could be added to the game just as an item you find too. I imagine having rows of them for apples, grapes, or just loads of fruit to carry from wherever X is grown. At least that's what I'd use them for. Say, an NPC who gathers these rather than using a duffelbag or their hands, baskets would be much much better.

10 hours ago, Kajin said:

I read you can use the fibers from cattail plants in basket weaving, in addition to the edible core of the stem and the starch you get from the tail and the roots.

Cattail is a perfect "survival" plant.

It grants us leaves for baskets or hats(altough not very rubust material), its "cat tail" is a good firestarter if using flint, its sprouts are delicious and its roots are edible and rich with carbs, and also  contain fibers  to make threads (actually its hard to get those fibers).  

I hope some day DEV's remaster random foraging into something more realistic, including real plants to harvest. Cattail must be implemented first :)

I have some troubles sharing a youtube link, but if you try to find "Соколов Григрий рогоз" - there will be a "survival" method of making a string out of cattail roots. BTW Sokolov makes great videos like "using a condom to start fire" and "opening a tin with your bare hands" - useful for PZ :)