An idea for how spwing before apocalypse might work

TheWraithPlayer

So, I know this is a no, but I'm not sure why, so this idea may work. Once npcs arrive, I think there should be a patient 0 mode, were the world has the actually a number of npcs equally to the real world pop. of 1993 (for muldraugh that's about 1500.) and then one zombie. and over time, the world gets taken over, so you have to try to survive the begging, with mass riots and panic, where at least 1/4 of the deaths probably would come from. So that's my suggestion, what do you think devs?

Basically, the short version of why this wont be added by TIS is that it would take a ton more work. Not only would they need to make new AI behavior trees and new dialog to fit the new setting but I'm sure trying to simulate 100s if not more NPCs would be pretty taxing on peoples PCs. It might be modded in in some way or maybe there will be some mode simulating it added after 1.0, but ultimately it's just way to much work to justify doing when there are so many other things to be done (not to mention who knows if you could get as many NPCs as wanted to function all at once).

All that being said, it would be super fun to play a mode like this if it can ever be done :)

Odds are good the one zombie would be destroyed before it did too much damage and you'd just wind up with a bunch of peaceful people living together since muldraugh is the origin of the epidemic. 

I wouldn't mind a mode where zombies were minimal, survivors and loot are high, and chaos ensues as everyone goes to war with each other while everyone who dies comes back as a zombie. 

1 hour ago, Kajin said:

Odds are good the one zombie would be destroyed before it did too much damage and you'd just wind up with a bunch of peaceful people living together since muldraugh is the origin of the epidemic. 

I wouldn't mind a mode where zombies were minimal, survivors and loot are high, and chaos ensues as everyone goes to war with each other while everyone who dies comes back as a zombie. 

I feel like if we ever see this (in mod or vanilla form) it will be done in a way similar to what you've described it here :)

It certainly would be a blast to play a game where every few houses were zombie filled and the others had a large amount of survivors that were freaking out about the start of the infection. Again, it would be a lot of work and who knows how many NPCs the game will be able to handle being streamed at once but it surely would be fun to play :)

Edited by Kuren

1 hour ago, Kajin said:

I don't think so, if you look at all the movies, people just think it's something like African rabies, or a stronger strain of flu.

18 hours ago, TheWraithPlayer said:

I think there should be a patient 0

Well, there is a kinda problem with all Z fiction.

If Z's eat peple - how do they "reproduce"?

If Z's just infect people - itching and scratching them - what for?

If there is a virus or some parasite to control people - how could it evolve unseen before?

Next:

Imagine 1/4 of pop are zombies. They try to kill people, people try to kill zombies. Who wins? What will be the final pop if we start from 1500?

Next:

The "all infected" makes some sense, but how does the "desease"  start suddenly? People could scent out some trouble after first corpses to reanimate..

So, lets just take things as they are: survivers and zombies (because even the most sophisticated scientific-looking atempts to explain Z phenomenon are what? right- bullshit) .

Edited by GOGOblin