"Music" thing a kid me created. Have you made any?

Svarog

I found an old MP3 player of mine and it had a thing I made with some random software when I was maybe 10-12. Listening to it, I like it but I think it's because it's just me and that it makes me recall random stuff from the good o'l days when internet sucked (Dial-Up it was for me) and I was free of all responsibilities. It's 34 seconds long.

My question is, was what 10-12 yo me created worth anything or is it just me and my nostalgia and I should stay the fck away from musacks forever with this being the only thing I ever made far as "music" is concerned?

Edit: If it sounds like something else, maybe I was inspired by something, idk today.

Edit 2: Thanks for opinions. Anyone else made anything ever far as music/sound is concerned, ever, and feels like sharing?

4 hours ago, $SCREAMER$ said:

Lol you sure that this should be on Indie Stone forums? :P Whatever, cool song! Im pretty sure I could not have pulled that off when I was 10 cause I sucked at everything xD

Yes this should be here. It's a neat little bit of work, and it's in the offtopic section, which is exactly the right place for it.

Please leave the moderation to the moderators ;)

9 hours ago, kirrus said:

Yes this should be here. It's a neat little bit of work, and it's in the offtopic section, which is exactly the right place for it.

Please leave the moderation to the moderators ;)

Cool, Cool, Originally I thought that this was just for topics about Project Zomboid. :P But then again I saw a post about something on Russian Government.

On 11.07.2016 at 4:35 PM, LeoIvanov said:

To me it sounds like something that would play in the games like Deus Ex, the first one at least. 

I do remember playing that a lot back in the day. It might have been a source of inspiration but it's hard to know for sure today.

On 11.07.2016 at 4:32 PM, MLFHNT said:

It's actually very good. Except for 0:20, something gone wrong there.

I still have issues with transitions.

Edit: I did make more 30 second thingies but this is the only one that grown up me likes and I have zero intention of sharing the others so don't even ask. Also, I never tried to make music since back then.

Thanks for opinions. Anyone else made anything ever far as music/sound is concerned, ever, and feels like sharing?

On 13.07.2016 at 0:12 PM, Z3759xy said:

I'll share you 10+1 for free.

Experimented a little with the techno_sub-genres, a long time ago.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/fjh9hleb7gwjx5h/AADhSIEcrIW90OCQYc3KSJGUa?dl=0

Be careful of the volume ...

I didn't have problems with transitions, but with mastering.

Personally I like 2006.006, ambient10 and Xarius Vonnell - TheSearchForHappiness (It's how they got labeled in my Winamp). Thanks for sharing!

Thanks for listening to them.

TheSearchForHappiness is the oldest one I shared.

Your 34 seconds "track" sounds good, certainly if you created that at the age 10-12.

And ofcourse it is worth something, the same goes for the drawings you made or pictures taken from you when you where younger.

All my "tracks" are made with FruityLoops_4 or _5.

If you like to continue, I can only advice: choose a program or instrument (and stay with it), read the manual 10 times or more, search the internet for information and guides on how to make the genre you like to make, look into other genres and most of all have fun doing it.

Archived