Replanned IDEA Personal Hygiene

samuk190

Ok, A men said that the game will be management and not survival if you put Personal Hygiene 

We can replan this IDEA, right? atleast in few parts.

We know that this is NOT THE SIMS

But lets start:

1) brushing teeth , yes even in apocaliptic zombie you need to get rid of the bacterias!

if you not brush your teeth you will get negative status... less effective to eat or something like.

2) Wash yourself, oh may good what is this???? 

Everyone need clean yourself, as with the new update blood will seriously make you dirty!

so, you can wash yourself, clicking in the shower.

What will happen? Nothing, it will just clean your character, nothing more, its not The sims to show your ***.

3) I need do **** sometimes, even in apocalipse....

not frequent, but if you eat much, you need go to bathroom, its logic... its a part of survival, there're 900 zombies trying to enter in your house, and you NEED DO ****

its really a TERROR dream. haha

You can click in the toilet and click "USE" 

no animation will be show,  nothing will happen, it will just says that you did. 

and negative status will be removed.

If you dont go to bathroom you will caugh a virus or bacteria.

Thats what i think, if you have a better idea, let it here.

I'd like uses for the toothbrush and hairbrush and stuff, not sure if it'll make it into the main game. A bit too much to manage. I'm sure a mod could easily implement the option of a new moodle that makes you feel dirty and use soap and click on shower to wash. Or add body wash and shampoo. Especially now that we'll actually get bloody, this would be a useful way to clean ourselves off. 

Personally I wouldn't like to be in a house getting attacked by a horde/players and need to shit. :P At that point I think I would rather my character focus on the main thing.

Unfortunately moodles are hard-coded so I don't think they can be modded, unless that changes, which I know RJ wanted to do in a mondoid.

Personnal hygiene as a necessity is a definitive "NO"  : too much micromanagement simply kills the fun. But I remind a non-mandatory shower being a possibility, something that would give the player a bonus but not penalize him/her if he/she doesn't shower.

And yeah, the incoming blood overhaul...

6 hours ago, MadDan2013 said:

Unfortunately moodles are hard-coded so I don't think they can be modded, unless that changes, which I know RJ wanted to do in a mondoid.

I know it's mentioned in this Mondoid here: http://projectzomboid.com/blog/2015/08/apzdtisa-5/ :)

"Custom moodle is a thing we want for a long long time, but more of that, we need to rewrite moodles entirely for that and having a better customizable moodles system"

It's also briefly confirmed here:

I feel like I've seen it mentioned by devs again in other posts somewhere but this is all I could find with a few quick searches. Anyway, I'm sure it's something we'll see added once we're closer to 1.0 :)

Personnal hygiene as a necessity is a definitive "NO"  : too much micromanagement simply kills the fun. But I remind a non-mandatory shower being a possibility, something that would give the player a bonus but not penalize him/her if he/she doesn't shower.

And yeah, the incoming blood overhaul...

I dont agree with that, if you want just kill zombies and survive, there're 500 games that have this tag.

if you want a realistic game >>> ZOMBOID

So please reconsider , micromanageament? so our life is a micromanagement? i dont thing it will kill the fun, it will make more playable and more HARDER

and i really like that.

But the shower i agree with you, a bonus is better than negative status.

Yea i know that mods can do this but, no every server will have this.

Edited by samuk190

1 hour ago, samuk190 said:

something that would give the player a bonus but not penalize him/her if he/she doesn't shower.

While I'm not crazy about the idea of hygiene giving bonuses, I feel like it would be okay if it's strictly related to social things (like having other characters think you're gross or that you smell bad) or as you mentioned I hope we can at least use showers to clean our avatar with no bonus or negative effects from not doing it.

However the problem I see with bonuses (for any game mechanic) is that it does punish the player for not doing it, simply because you should use it to buff yourself and not doing so will put you at a disadvantage in most cases. In this case I feel like it would be fair to punish a player socially (not heavily punish of course) for hygiene but it would have to be something more light and fun (like the woman you like doesn't want to get romantic or hang out with you because you're so nasty compared to the other characters lol).