Power Source Suggestions

samuk190

Power System > MV Voltage

Consumption levels by items connected and turned on.

Photovoltaik_Dachanlage_Hannover_-_Schwa

Hard to craft, can power up 3 eletronics. (Makes no noise)

hqdefault.jpg

Water generator, can generate Power with water. (high water consumption) (Makes low noise, can attract zombies)

Parc_Eolic_es_Mila_02.jpg

Can generate alot of energy when the wind is agressive :D hard to craft. (Makes no noise)

WATER SOURCE > 

gasoline-water-pump-gwp20cx-140922.jpg

Water pump, you can push water from the terrain, or from the ocean, and bring into your house.  ( MAKES ALOT OF NOISE, need make a shelter with barricade to this water pump survive from zombies)

HIGH consumption power and HIGH voltage.

battery%20energy%20storage%201%20ELP.png

Power storage, you can burn items to make more power and attach to your house. 

Supports 440V 

Hard to craft.

Other suggestions > 

Voltage transformer

I hope devs can add into the game and make it more real or more playable, as you can play more xD to get the items. (late game)

I personally do fine and have no need for this stuff. I think that some of this things in the pictures are to advanced, so here are some replacements:

Water Generator= A waterwheel, like from the watermills, but smaller.

Wind Turbine= windmill

Water pump= they've been doing stuff like that since the time of the old testament in the middle east, can't remember what they called them, but the were tunnels that gravity fed the water to a chain of wells.

The waterwheels and windmills would probably have to have a more practical uses (unless you have 50 ranks of electrician:P), such as grinding flour (it was common practice to do so when wind and watermills were used commonly).

Ah, the majestic wind filled plains of Kentucky could surely stand to benefit the owner of a windmill or three. Wait a minute...

Needless hyperbole aside, a windmill wouldn't be too bad an idea for small amounts of power here and there. It wouldn't be super reliable, but as someone who services air conditioners for a living I can tell you there are plenty enough motors to go around to make some if you want.

But some friends and I have been talking about something called a wood gas generator recently and it absolutely knocked my socks off that such a thing even existed. Link:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wood_gas_generator

Apparently they were very common in WWII among civilian populations due to a need to heavily ration ordinary fuel types and the process is even efficient enough to run a vehicle off of it. You could fashion yourself an electrical generator out of one of these and power it using nothing but wood fuel, which might I say is rather abundant.

22 minutes ago, samuk190 said:

Sorry moderator, lol the thread was on top but no one replied, sorry for BUMP xD 

So guys, you liked the idea? 

Oh, the idea has been talked to death. This might be the fifth suggestion thread concerning alternative power sources I've participated in, and I rarely even come here to suggestions anymore.

So yeah, we do all love it because most of us have talked about it in some capacity before :)

Well, there is a TV show call "the colony" made by discovery channel, I think. This show is mainly about an experiment of sending a team of 10 volunteers into an pro-apocalyptic environment to survive for 2 month (or 48 days?).

In season 1, the volunteers build a solar generator, but team members in season 1 were quite tough which include several experts in different skills; so the solar generator may be not a possible solution for an average person in PZ.  But the team of season 2 is not as good as the first one. They even include a model who seems don't have any survival skills at all. And they built an windmill for power source. So I think the windmill could be an solution to replace the fossil fuel as the main energy source. But the wind energy should have certain limit: 1. requirement of high level skills in electricity or other relative skills; 2. the location of a windmill should have some limit (for example, height), or there should be some kind of wind direction system in PZ. 

Edited by blackteapie

Actually the skill requirement for electricity to build a windmill would likely be pretty low. Once you have the basic knowledge and the relatively easy to find components it's supposedly very easy to make.

The real hurdle would be actually hoisting the thing up to a sufficient height to get good winds. I'd have to say it'd be a pretty large investment in materials and engineering to get it up really high.

On ‎2016‎-‎07‎-‎11 at 0:17 PM, TheWraithPlayer said:

Water pump= they've been doing stuff like that since the time of the old testament in the middle east, can't remember what they called them, but the were tunnels that gravity fed the water to a chain of wells.

(snip)

On ‎2016‎-‎07‎-‎11 at 5:36 PM, Kajin said:

Oh, the idea has been talked to death. This might be the fifth suggestion thread concerning alternative power sources I've participated in, and I rarely even come here to suggestions anymore.

So yeah, we do all love it because most of us have talked about it in some capacity before :)

I agree I've been seeing some similar idea before.  Never participated though (I think so).

@TheWraithPlayer, there ase also Archimède in ancient Greece that use a screw-like device Inside a tube to bring water up.  The rotation and angle of it forced the water up.  It was used mainly for irrigation.  I do have to agree on the general principle though... lot of ideas where done by very distant forefather.  Only thing that differenciate us from them are explosives, explosive motors and electricity (and a couple others like medecine).

Now how fun it would be to thinker all those things into a game... but it's nearly impossible for devs to code everything that's possible into a game. So let's settle for obvious choices :)

As for burning material for energy : I'd really like to see methane and compost thingie ;) That would give some use to rotten food :D  Would probably need a "rainbarrel type" of construct to avoid loosing the methane, then simple valves (from harvesting plumbing in houses post water shutdown... or prior, wichever) would allow to bring it to a burning source/motor/generator.  Would probably need another new item type : flexible pipe.

Edited by MyTJ

On ‎2016‎-‎07‎-‎13 at 0:44 PM, Kajin said:

Actually the skill requirement for electricity to build a windmill would likely be pretty low. Once you have the basic knowledge and the relatively easy to find components it's supposedly very easy to make.

The real hurdle would be actually hoisting the thing up to a sufficient height to get good winds. I'd have to say it'd be a pretty large investment in materials and engineering to get it up really high.

I agree for the most part (basicaly you need magnets and copper wire... and a few gears for rotation or pulley/straps).  Since most construct are fairly large already with minimalist materials (floor with a plank and a nail?!?), we could build a frame out of very few materials but would need a lot of fillers for the Palms (sheets, sewed clothes... tent tarp).

Edited by MyTJ