Kids VS Zombies (mod? challenge?)

GOGOblin

To harvest advantages of 3D and new animation system:

How about making the player a kid ( say 10y.o.) ?

(+)The character will have no skills at all - thus all terrible sinful skilllevel-based restrictions will make sense.

(-)Professions will be of no use, although - we start from scratch..

(+) Challenge! The charater will be weak enough to make every fight a real event. Reduced carrying capacity included. Almost useless firearms - now explainable. And building is much harder because of a lot of hard work to be done by a lil kid.

(+)The character will really need to learn everything (almost), all recipes, all skills.

(+) teh drama

The idea is not that much original, I geuss, but new animation and 3D models, if resizable and more versatile, will make it easier to implement

.images (3).jpg 

I'm sure the reason children won't be in the game is the same reasons that rape won't be in the game. And I don't think I should need to explain why rape will not be in the game.

Once animations are out and able to be modded, you can request it here for a mod: 

http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php?/forum/55-mod-ideas-and-requests/

Edited by MadDan2013

I'm not sure if you could kill children in Fallout 2. It's just this is an indie team and they don't want to be known as "the game that will allow you to kidnap and beat children and rape people simulator". Especially with YouTube what someone could make the game look like in one video.

I'm not against the idea of just having children as a mod to add depth to NPC relationships or something, and have them grow up over years and possibly turn psycho.

But people have suggested them for very weird things.

9 minutes ago, MadDan2013 said:

I'm not sure if you could kill children in Fallout 2.

Not only kill, but also recieve a "childkiller" trait to memorise this deed, thats why I mentioned FO2

9 minutes ago, MadDan2013 said:

and rape people simulator

why so much rape?

I meant ALL playepble characters to be children. No kids kidnapped (and raped raped) by adults. I guess this could be too hardcore to mix adult characters and children. Althoogh there are many games with kid as a protagonist and a struggle of a kid (alive) against adults (zombies) could be found pretty OK.

Edited by GOGOblin

6 minutes ago, GOGOblin said:

Not only kill, but also recieve a "childkiller" trait to memorise this deed, thats why I mentioned FO2

The "childkiller" reputation title is supposed to be a giant deterrent from killing them, not just something to memorize (or memorialize) the deed lol. It adds big penalties to conversation, makes you get hunted by bounty hunters and it will stop people from becoming or staying your companion. It can be quite the hard brand to play with.

On the idea of kids in PZ however I completely understand why they'll not be included by TIS in the vanilla version and I'm fine with that. I'm sure someone will mod it in anyway and hopefully it's in a way similar to FO2, where killing kids is discouraged and something that other characters will have a big problem with.

I  quite like op's idea, a mode with only children against zombies, no rape, no kidnap and no other weird things.

The problem is this is quite unlikely to happen, so I suggest to get back to this idea as soon as the animations update will be in the game, then I guess that a mod with a new model won't be that hard to do by some skilled modders

1 hour ago, GOGOblin said:

why so much rape?

I meant ALL playepble characters to be children. No kids kidnapped (and raped raped) by adults. I guess this could be too hardcore to mix adult characters and children. Althoogh there are many games with kid as a protagonist and a struggle of a kid (alive) against adults (zombies) could be found pretty OK.

Probably because people think it's realistic to have rape in the game. If you're asking me why I'm mentioning it? It's because if this is suggested (children), this is route these threads go down. If we can have children, why not allow us to have babies? If we can have babies, why not allow us to have abortions? If we can have abortions, why not allow us to rape people for the drama! 

Also "people here" don't want to rape and kill children. Which I'll assume you're referring to me. So, thank you for that. Maybe the paragraph above will explain more before jumping to conclusions. I was explaining something, which hopefully you will now understand, and didn't intend to get called a child rapist for god's sake. If on the unlikely chance it wasn't aimed at me, then I apologize because that's not something I take lightly, and was only trying to explain to you.

Topic's been answered, it's a confirmed no so I don't think there's anything else that needs to be said.

10 hours ago, MadDan2013 said:

if this is suggested (children), this is route these threads go down. If we can have children, why not allow us to have babies? If we can have babies, why not allow us to have abortions? If we can have abortions, why not allow us to rape people for the drama! 

u r sick, dude

btw PvP is implemented, dunno why so much hype about raping someone if you can kill someone.

I'm sick? There's no "hype" about this, I'm explaining that, if this is implemented, this is what people suggest. This is what other people ask for, not me.

Also, I'm unsure if you've read the rules on the forum cause this isn't a forum where you can just go around accusing people of something or insulting them.

Don't you think, that it is YOU insulting people with your perfect logic:

11 hours ago, MadDan2013 said:

If we can have children, why not allow us to have babies? If we can have babies, why not allow us to have abortions? If we can have abortions, why not allow us to rape people for the drama! 

reported also, I'm tired of this rape in my topic