My Understanding of NPC development (2011-2016)

$SCREAMER$

This is basically a sum-up of what I understand about NPCs and their development. This was written in a small amount of time and I didnt type it in FULL detail. The ETA is not official it is just by how I see it. Some things here may not really make sense, that is because im just overwhelmed with how much hype my body is being fed every single millisecond that I am alive.

NPC Development 2016

NPCs and my Speculation (And my life story :P)

With the animation update, the making of NPCs should be whats next and should be easier. I would give an estimation of about maybe 1 or 2 more months until news about NPCs! Well their development has most likely been a MASSIVE change from like 2 or 5 years ago. Lemmy (Chris) said that they will make the 5 years of development worth the wait, that to me seems like a hint, as if there wont be a 6 years of development (UNLIKELY). :D Ive been spending quite some time doing this research and I had the same hype 2 years ago but then it never happened, and I will be very depressed if it happens again. Im just waiting on what is next on this next mondoid, my guess is that it "might" be about NPCs, because there is still stuff to add but I feel like NPCs are Priority :P OR the more LIKELY update will be the release of animations, THEN they will talk about NPCs. FUCK IM SOO HYPED DUDE IM SO LIGHT HEADED... God damn this game was like 5 years of my life, come home from school on Monday, skip homework to read the mondoid, then do a butt load of research into trying to find some hints on NPCs and development. Now it may not have been a full 5 years because I only got the game 2014 but I was a big fan since release, I would get jealous watching a you tuber play this game especially with NPCs. From 2014 all the way up to the beginning of summer (this year) It was basically a dead game, however I would haveten check on some updates but I never really read into them, UNTIL I realized that I had the game and I remembered how much hype there was! Sadly I was let down after reading basically everything about development since then. Well enough of this typing crap, I just wanted to put this out there so you can relate or so that you know that you aren't the only ones suffering from the "NPC blackout". I know the devs have said that they want NPCs out more than any one else, and all I have to say about that is... I Understand. <3 I am really looking forward to playing NPCs and I wish they could just release now so I can play them all summer, and if I do, my friends would most likely assume that I died.

Sincerely,

-A member/player/supporter of TIS and Project Zomboid

P.S I even said to myself, if these NPCs dont release after ANOTHER 5 years! I WILL study coding, animations, and basically anything PZ needs so I can join Indie Stone. IF A DEV READS THIS, Feel free to delete this post or reply, but please understand that, I understand :) No need to send me links to any discussion because the chances are I have already read them. I guess I can say I feel the pain that Chris types whenever he types up one his long ass replies. I know you guys dont send out ETA's but can you say mine was a good guess? I feel like the most likely reply from a dev is the usual, "We dont do ETA's" or the classic "They are finished when they are finished" 

Edited by $SCREAMER$
Just some grammar changes and title :D

Next time you think about NPCs don't post about it. The hype is dead. Bury it.

Edit: 3 Days later I am convinced I am the only person here who saw a certain movie.

Edited by Svarog

LOL KNEW IT :P Thx for replies, its just that some of us still have hype and basically I have not seen anyone post anything recently about NPCs and I just thought, how much could I possibly type? 

37 minutes ago, Svarog said:

Next time you think about NPCs don't post about it. The hype is dead. Bury it.

R.I.P Svarog's NPC hype

2 minutes ago, $SCREAMER$ said:

LOL KNEW IT :P Thx for replies, its just that some of us still have hype and basically I have not seen anyone post anything recently about NPCs and I just thought, how much could I possibly type? 

Things'll probably change after the animation update. Until then we can't really say much.

12 minutes ago, Keshash said:

Not to be rude, but why do so much people call PZ a dead game? Mondoids every week, updates almost every month, developers reply on the forums and somehow it's a dead game. I just can't understand.

There is no need of NPCs hype for me. I'm hyped for everything in PZ.

yeh, agreed

37 minutes ago, Keshash said:

Not to be rude, but why do so much people call PZ a dead game? Mondoids every week, updates almost every month, developers reply on the forums and somehow it's a dead game. I just can't understand.

There is no need of NPCs hype for me. I'm hyped for everything in PZ.

As someone coming from the StarCraft community, people will call any game dead if they feel it's not exactly how it should be or the most popular thing on the market. The reality is, PZ and SC2 are both very alive games and you can see this for PZ by simply looking at how many people play the game on a daily basis and how many hours we all rack up. Trolls will be trolls but as long as people play the game, it lives on :)

And P.S. I'm hyped for so many other things more than NPCs as well :P Love the depth of PZ :)

I seriously doubt we'll see NPCs anytime soon. The animation update will not speed up development, but will allow it to properly start up again.  The Indie Stone also said they will not make a Mondoid on NPCs until they are imminent, so not seeing that soon, either. Hell, Creative Mode has been in development for a year and even it's still not in public testing.

When I said speed up development, I meant that it can get other things out of the way so NPCs could be worked on. Because at some point, everything else is gonna be finished except for NPCs. The devs even said that PZ will not be completed without all their promised planned features. The devs also said that its the animations holding back NPCs at the moment.

Engima Grey said, "Footage and blog posts were shown right up until August 2015, when the developers finally realized they were doing more harm to the game and the community by trying to communicate their work. We've repeatedly said on the forums that animations are the main thing holding back NPCs from starting their release cycle at this point." and also said "You'll see some forward movement on NPCs once animations are out. Obviously I can't spoil things past that and understand if you're doubtful. It's been a long ride and I'd like to see it end, too." So thank Engima for some info. <3

NPC's... if they come, they'll be here. If not... Anyone dares to say that PZ is a pointless project?! We got WAY more than expected 3 years ago IMO.

Just to say, the MP feature meant to play with actual humans, with human behavior (if we speak of proper servers, not servers without any rule), and made the NPC feature less interesting to me.

Edited by nubus

At 1:20

Oops! Will, you just gave an ETA :P I expected that this was when. He said it should be out by next year, (this was last October, of 2015) So by this he means it should be out by around October of this year, 2016 or at least it should be, BUT we have had many setbacks/delays before so don't count on it. Thanks Will Porter! <3 

Edited by $SCREAMER$

37 minutes ago, $SCREAMER$ said:

At 1:20

Oops! Will, you just gave an ETA :P I expected that this was when. He said it should be out by next year, (this was last October, of 2015) So by this he means it should be out by around October of this year, 2016 or at least it should be, BUT we have had many setbacks/delays before so don't count on it. Thanks Will Porter! <3 

the rest of the indie stone team is probably dragging poor will through the office and whipping him with barbed wire for giving out an ETA

Just now, lemmy101 said:

In impromptu interviews on game show floors you can barely remember a word you say 10 seconds after saying it - a wise person would pretty much ignore anything said in them. ;)

I know, I mean he was in the moment, so like he was probably nervous and he may have said some things :P