2-Tile Object pick-up

EchelontheEyeless

I know that we can pick-up furniture, and such now. Not sure if this is something to be implemented in the future because it's not too high-priority. But I noticed I'm not able to pick up 2-tile or more objects. If it's a matter of weight like with couches, the player could have to use something like a dolly (the platform on wheels to carry heavy things) to pick it up, or something similar. I feel that it'd add to how human beings like to make their environment personal, and like home. And it would just help with sanity by having nice things. And I just want my dead neighbor Zed's sweet black couch before I reach my inevitable death = 3. 

9 hours ago, EchelontheEyeless said:

Oh it is? Sweet. Ya have a link, or something?

Tried to find something more recent (as I'm pretty sure it was mentioned again in a later Mondoid) but here's a Mondoid from around the time furniture movement was implemented that talks about how bigger items will be dragged as opposed to put in your inventory.

http://projectzomboid.com/blog/2015/11/keep-moving/

"we’re having it so that multi-tile items or bulky stuff like fridges have to be moved by pushing/pulling from tile to tile rather than shoved into people’s inventories. No-one has pockets quite that deep!"

My guess is that this will be a feature that trickles in once animations are out and I personally hope that some more of the bigger single tile items (like the fridge mentioned above) get removed from the inventory list and added to the drag/equipped list :)

Edited by Kuren

1 hour ago, Kuren said:

Tried to find something more recent (as I'm pretty sure it was mentioned again in a later Mondoid) but here's a Mondoid from around the time furniture movement was implemented that talks about how bigger items will be dragged as opposed to put in your inventory.

http://projectzomboid.com/blog/2015/11/keep-moving/

"we’re having it so that multi-tile items or bulky stuff like fridges have to be moved by pushing/pulling from tile to tile rather than shoved into people’s inventories. No-one has pockets quite that deep!"

My guess is that this will be a feature that trickles in once animations are out and I personally hope that some more of the bigger single tile items (like the fridge mentioned above) get removed from the inventory list and added to the drag/equipped list :)

Sweeet. Thank you, you've been very helpful. = ) I'm glad to hear other stuff like beds and everything will be revamped to be able to deconstruct and carry. 

59 minutes ago, EchelontheEyeless said:

Sweeet. Thank you, you've been very helpful. = ) I'm glad to hear other stuff like beds and everything will be revamped to be able to deconstruct and carry. 

Always glad to help when I can :)

Having links for reference seems to make others happy as well so I've started to make a habit of it :) Also helps control rumors, misinformation and hearsay being spread :P

Edit: Nice new Spiffo avatar btw :D

Edited by Kuren

13 minutes ago, Kuren said:

Always glad to help when I can :)

Having links for reference seems to make others happy as well so I've started to make a habit of it :) Also helps control rumors, misinformation and hearsay being spread :P

Edit: Nice new Spiffo avatar btw :D

Yeah exactly. It helps control the rumors and such as you've said, and helps others to be sure of what's really gonna be added. And thank you haha. I saw it on the link and liked it. I've been wanting to change my avatar to a spiffo one of sorts anyways = P HAIL LORD SPIFFO