Revamped Television Set

EchelontheEyeless

Hi I know that Project Zomboid is in pre-alpha, or alpha? (Not sure of the specific term let me know please ._. ) I digress, I know that everything is still in the works. And TV's were recently added.

• I feel that TV's should have some kind of audio to them. Could be just random noises, or even people saying the words. Whatever, goes along with the spirit of Zomboid. 
  • I also feel that some visuals would be nice, or even just a more colorful static image.
  • And, I think the TV should ease boredom. I.e. from an interaction, or a certain aura/moodlet the TV gives off when in the same room. 

I wasn't sure if those things were going to be added to the TV, but just some ideas. = ) I was excited about TV's, but i'm just not really feeling them now that they're out. I'm not very drawn to them. I know it's kind of small details, but I feel the little nuances add to an overall nice feel of immersion to the game. And that makes it worth adding. Also, it doesn't feel too much like "Sims" micromanaging if there's an interaction to watch the TV.

That should be all. Let me know what you all think. Cheers.

5 hours ago, TheWraithPlayer said:

I think more channels would be nice. Also tv channels come and go when it storms, adding some more realism to reception.

I get what you're saying, I was a bit disappointed when tvs came and all it had were captions.

Yeah more channels would be nice too. I'm startin to enjoy them a bit more, but yeah I just wish they were kinda more flashy and drew me like a moth to a flame ya know? But things are still in development, so they might revamp. But if they don't I think it'd be a cool suggestion = )

Having translated the radio-TV content (a few thousand lines of dialogues), I can tell you that as things are right now, I don't think adding more channels would actually bring anything to the game. 

Now, about the cosmetic part, well... That's a pretty personal feeling so I have nothing to say ^_^

Finally, for the boredom, etc... A Mondoid mentioned the fact you will be able to learn stuff from TV shows. Also, boredom and player well-being revamp also seems to be in the pipes (Mondoid again) so TV and radio will most probably get involved in the process. 

Edited by Teesee

7 hours ago, Teesee said:

Finally, for the boredom, etc... A Mondoid mentioned the fact you will be able to learn stuff from TV shows. Also, boredom and player well-being revamp also seems to be in the pipes (Mondoid again) so TV and radio will most probably get involved in the process. 

Link to the most recent Monodid reference for those interested: http://projectzomboid.com/blog/2016/06/strike-a-pose/

"Turbs is coming back onto the main build for a bit – to finish integrating his work on player boredom, the necessity of entertainment, learning from live and recorded TV and radio shows and hopefully a more analogue radio tuning system to help with tuning into secret wavelengths etc."

10 hours ago, Teesee said:

Having translated the radio-TV content (a few thousand lines of dialogues), I can tell you that as things are right now, I don't think adding more channels would actually bring anything to the game. 

Now, about the cosmetic part, well... That's a pretty personal feeling so I have nothing to say ^_^

Ya may be right with the adding more channels. But variety is always nice. = ) But not priority. And yeah, just personal preference. =P I look forward to more interaction with the TV and radio though. I think that will make it more interesting..and now that I think of it. I think just the interaction is what's missing. Good to see it's in development along with other entertainment stuff though. ^__^

On 6/30/2016 at 3:22 AM, EchelontheEyeless said:

Hi I know that Project Zomboid is in pre-alpha, or alpha? (Not sure of the specific term let me know please ._. ) I digress, I know that everything is still in the works. And TV's were recently added.

• I feel that TV's should have some kind of audio to them. Could be just random noises, or even people saying the words. Whatever, goes along with the spirit of Zomboid. 
  • I also feel that some visuals would be nice, or even just a more colorful static image.
  • And, I think the TV should ease boredom. I.e. from an interaction, or a certain aura/moodlet the TV gives off when in the same room. 

I wasn't sure if those things were going to be added to the TV, but just some ideas. = ) I was excited about TV's, but i'm just not really feeling them now that they're out. I'm not very drawn to them. I know it's kind of small details, but I feel the little nuances add to an overall nice feel of immersion to the game. And that makes it worth adding. Also, it doesn't feel too much like "Sims" micromanaging if there's an interaction to watch the TV.

That should be all. Let me know what you all think. Cheers.

1: Yeah agreed it seems like a good idea!

2: Yeah. But I don't honestly care if it will add that

3: I think that's gonna be added.