Ageing Clothing

MrFancyMonocle

Big fan, saw the recent blog post about your new texturing: http://projectzomboid.com/blog/2016/06/bloody-business/. Since it gives you the ability to combine as many textures as you like, I thought: why not add, as time passes, ageing to all found clothing in the game, conveying the encroaching worldly demise, perhaps as a sepia-toned texture set with minor imperfections. 

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe it could just be if you were attacked on the arm or body your jumper or whatever you're wearing could get torn? Or if you're not wearing anything, you get a scratch on the body.

I'm not too sure how long it'd take for clothes to age on their own. Maybe with all of the new possibilities it could be done, seems really cool. It'll add even more depth to differentiate players wearing the same clothes if one was all torn and sepia-toned, bloody (like they already can be). 

That would depend on where the clothes are.  In containers they would have some natural protection lessening the effect. Obviously zombies clothes should be near rags after a few days... with them carelessly banging walls/doors/windows, going through broken glass, etc.

I especialy like the reference to moth holes... maybe some naphtalin?

And what about humidity and molds?  Would rainier worlds have increased chances of clothes being affected?  Would being closer to water or standing into the rain with a backpack full of sheets/clothes affect those odds?

It's a good idea but there are a few parameters that could be considered.  But I think this discussion would be better served after we see the release of the aforementioned texturing update.