career and traits

Elety

I usually pick Construction Worker and following traits

Negatives:

- Light Drinker +2

- Short Tempered +4

- Brooding +2

- Prone to Illness +4 (remember cold from rain is not the same as ill)

Positives:

- Brave -3

- Stout -4

- Graceful -4

Why I pick those Traits:

This leaves me with 1 wasted point but those 4 negatives (At the moment - Brooding and Prone to Illness are not working as intended) have almost no effect on my play, just don't eat rotten or raw food and you wont get ill and die.

With the new bag system I usually don't need more strength (two 22 slot Big hiking bags full and you have like 8/12 space that is included bandages, water bottle and everything else I have in main bag)

I always have food enough to ditch Light Eater and with Graceful you stay out of combat more, but you can swap Stout and Graceful for Strong and Light Eater and still keep Brave, which leaves you at 0 wasted points.

Oh I see can you still carry 16 with stout?

I just checked its 12 with stout, and in my opinion more than enough, being less noisy instead out ways the 4? more slots

I think Strong affects stuff like opening windows and climbing sheet rope which Stout doesn't.

I didn't even know Strong effect stuff like opening windows, that is cool but maybe misplaced ?

I have broken into my fair share of windows, ehh when forgetting the keys to the house and nobody is home, what else? 

and its all about being crafty with a hard wood stick or metal rod. So a Dexterity trait would be more suitable for that kind of stuff?

I am well aware the last part is for another thread in suggestion forum and late stage polish work, just ignore it :P

Yeah I always go for stout. My usual setup is construction worker, with light drinker, brooding, and short tempered, then stout and resilient. There are definitely times that having more than 12 would be nice, but if you know you're going on a big looting run you can always carry either some effective cooked food, or mass quantities of other food, like tons of berries, and try to keep your carry weight at 14 while you're out.

And while I'm thinking about it, does anyone know if berry bush locations are static or randomly generated in each game world? I asked in another thread but I don't think anyone saw it.

I think berry bushes are static, as they are on the world map. I usually don't bother with berries unless I'm desperate for food, berries only give +7 Hunger and are really only useful when you're very hungry.

here's a spot with loads of berries (I collected about 120 of them until I found out they're not really that useful)

http://pzmap.crash-override.net/#0.6168839709343715,0.26831225375697726,134.44444444444446

It would be nice if you could combine berries and bread to make a jam sandwich.

The amount of food they provide varies though. They range from I think +5 to +15. They're also really light, require 0 effort to get once you've found them, and I'm pretty sure are a renewable resource. I could be wrong, because they could have just been new bushes, but I'm nearly positive that I've raided the same bushes twice, which means they regrow. If you carry like 5 or 10 out on a raiding trip, you can eat 5 each time for a nice boost, or you just eat one every couple minutes and keep yourself fed. It seems like it takes a pretty good amount of time for them to start rotting too. I've had one of the fridges in my base full of them for probably 5ish days and none of them are rotten. I've found them to be really useful. If for no other reason they're sustaining me while my farm is growing and while I continue to build my non-perishable stocks.

I'll look where you found yours to see if they show up in my world and we'll know for sure if their locations are static. I found a ton along this road: http://pzmap.crash-override.net/#0.4976650444219261,0.33472280640839175,43.341993469118414

I've been living in the southern bar, and using that road as a means of travel for raiding the western strip, as well as the logging corp and the northern warehouses, and I found a cluster of maybe 15 bushes on the right side (if you're heading north) right around that first dirt path that leads up to the lone trailer in the west, and then another couple of clusters spread out around the forested area just east of the logging corps lumber storage area, that consists of maybe 40 bushes total. In 3 trips I found close to 300 berries between the two areas.

It helps prevent infection from happening. Which I think translates to a lower percentage infection chance if you get bit or scratched. That's why it can be so helpful combined with the construction worker's thick skinned trait. Thick skinned lowers the chance of being bit or scratched when you're attacked by zombies, so with both there's a smaller chance of attacks breaking the skin, and a smaller chance that, if those attacks were to break the skin, you'd become infected by them.

It just gives you better survivability if you get attacked.