Coxis Shop

Dr_Cox1911

32 minutes ago, Dr_Cox1911 said:

@justcrow Is the shop window working for anybody? Any errors on the server side?

If there are no errors on the server than the players are pressing "o" to quickly after joining the server. It takes a short while to receive the settings.

Could you check the server for any errors and tell the players with problems to wait a minute after joining before opening the shop?

I'm waiting for you :) Thank you for your answer even you seem to be very busy. Oh you mean sharing money problem was because the users in my server tried to press "o" as soon as they joined server, right? So what time does it take to receive the settings? Seconds or minutes?

What about red box? Not only I but some players with this mod faced the problem. Any solution? Please!

Nah, the money receiving thing is clearly a bug, the red boxes with the shop not showing up is due to either people pressing the "o" key to early before the settings are received or the ini-file on the server is borked (that´s why it would be great if you could check if the server throws any error on startup).

2 minutes ago, Dr_Cox1911 said:

Nah, the money receiving thing is clearly a bug, the red boxes with the shop not showing up is due to either people pressing the "o" key to early before the settings are received or the ini-file on the server is borked (that´s why it would be great if you could check if the server throws any error on startup).

I got it! So, what if the sharing money problem continues to happen again in MP? Could you fix the bug?

9 hours ago, Dr_Cox1911 said:

Oh no. Waiting a few minutes after joining the game didn't still solve the red-box problem.  Hey, is there any way to download the coxis shop mod again? As I tried to deal with red box problem yesterday,I by mistake deleted the coxis mod folder located in dedicated sever folder. Subscribing this mod again in steam work shop didn't make this mod redownloaded in the folder. Restating the game after that didn't do, either. Appreciate your help in advance :) 

@justcrow You could redownload the mod from github or this should also work:

1. stop the server
  2. remove the mod from the server (servertest.ini)
  3. start the server
  4. stop the server
  5. add the mod to the server (servertest.ini)
  6. start the server again

I´m currently implementing LuaNet to mitigate the network problems. I also think to ditch the moneygain upon killing zeds, instead introduce an item which can be found on zombies and maybe around the world.

Would you guys prefer the ingame item or should it stay "nonexistent"?

3 minutes ago, Dr_Cox1911 said:

@justcrow You could redownload the mod from github or this should also work:

1. stop the server
  2. remove the mod from the server (servertest.ini)
  3. start the server
  4. stop the server
  5. add the mod to the server (servertest.ini)
  6. start the server again

I´m currently implementing LuaNet to mitigate the network problems. I also think to ditch the moneygain upon killing zeds, instead introduce an item which can be found on zombies and maybe around the world.

Would you guys prefer the ingame item or should it stay "nonexistent"?

Oh, you mean you want to abandon the mod "coxis shop"? I'm pretty sad to hear that :( 

6 minutes ago, Dr_Cox1911 said:

No, I don´t abandon the mod! I mean switching from the automatic moneygain upon zombie death to an actual ingame item you can find on zombie corpses.

So, you want to change the mod concept! But I hope you will be able to finish "coxis shop" with the original purpose :) 

3 hours ago, Snakeman said:

Suggestion to future... changing the way to earn money.
Not gain money killing zeds.
Gain money checking wallets (random amounts of money inside it), when you check a wallet (the item consume it).
Zeds can spawn wallets on inventory right now.

Similar to the hydrocraft implementation of money for shopping at their Trader Post, coins and dollar bills could maybe be added items. Not sure if those items could be consolidated into a single "currency" item... but the Trader Post system could certainly serve as inspiration.

Just pushed the new version onto steam and github dev.

The changelog:

### Version 1.3.0
    - bugfix: integrated LuaNet to get rid of the "all players earn money in MP"-bug
    - dialog informing the player that the settings aren´t loaded yet
    - bugfix: new character after player died in MP is fixed now (proper reinit)
    - definable shop key in the game options (thanks to blindcoder)
    - player starts now with 0 money instead of 100

• 1 month later...

New Version on github including the following changes:

### Version 1.4.0
	- skills are now definable in ini
	- skill "goldbonus" removed for now

Also LuaNet isn´t shipped anymore with the mod, instead it uses the one shipped with the basegame (since 35).

EDIT: Pushed another version to github and Workshop:

### Version 1.4.1
	- removed debug prints from ISCoxisShopPanelSkills
	- skillcosts are now rounded to whole numbers

EDIT 2: Pushed another small version with a bugfix:

### Version 1.4.2
	- skills above 10 aren´t listed anymore

Edited by Dr_Cox1911

• 6 months later...

Greetins!
I would like to ask for some help:
If I want to add more pages of items (like AMMO/HEALTH/BULIDNG STUFF), what should probably need to do?
If I want to add some items from mods, where I can find their classnames? I tried to check them, and maybe I even found them, but they don't have "BASE." word (like other stuff in game (in items.txt in main folder of the game)). Just afraid to crash the game :'D

Hi Par9000,

15 minutes ago, Par9000 said:

If I want to add more pages of items (like AMMO/HEALTH/BULIDNG STUFF), what should probably need to do?

You would need to alter the LUA code for this. A quick rundown for doing this:

In the client/ISUI folder you find the ISCoxisShop.lua. In there you see all the existing pages like "food stuff", so you just copy the part from the food-section and alter it a little bit. It could look something like this:

-- Tab with my new stuff
	self.myNewStuffScreen = ISCoxisShopPanel:new(0, 8, 400, 400, self.playerId, self.settings["MYNEWSTUFF"]);
	self.myNewStuffScreen:initialise();
	self.panel:addView(getText('UI_CoxisShop_myNewStuff'), self.myNewStuffScreen);

You than need to copy and add a line to the function "ISCoxisShop:reloadButtons()". Just copy one and replace the "foodScreen" with "myNewStuffScreen".

The last thing you would need to do is add a new section to the CoxisShopSettings.ini named "[MYNEWSTUFF]" and put your desired items there.

21 minutes ago, Par9000 said:

If I want to add some items from mods, where I can find their classnames? I tried to check them, and maybe I even found them, but they don't have "BASE." word (like other stuff in game (in items.txt in main folder of the game)).

Did you check the video linked in the steam workshop? In the video I describe how you can add items from mods (I show it with hydrocraft as an example, works with any other item mod exactly the same way).

Simpler code, just edit the ini file and the translation file to add new categories.

* ISCoxisShop.lua

if self.settings then
    for k,v in pairs(self.settings) do
      self.screen = ISCoxisShopPanel:new(0, 8, self.width, self.height-8, self.playerId, self.settings[k])
      self.screen:initialise()
      self.panel:addView(getText('UI_CoxisShop_' .. k), self.screen)
    end
  end

• 1 year later...