Player Backup/Reloading Countermeasures

TheeIntrepidGamer

So recently I've noticed a lot of players on multiplayer have been "save reloading" aka backing up their player data so they can reload it after they die. I was thinking about it more and more, and thought of a solution to this exploit, checksums. Why not have say, a random server-side checksum that's generated maybe based on the current server-side system time (just an example) and then copied onto the client's multiplayer folder? You could hash and maybe even salt the checksum (or just don't show it in the command prompt log) to prevent anyone from being "clever" and copying it or even using rainbow tables. Then when the player's demise has happened, you could have the server delete the checksum on it's end from a Lua table, or some sort of database?

Therefore when the player tried to "reload" their old backup it would simply say "nope" and force them into a new character creation menu. I don't imagine that the Lua table file, or database would be too extreme in size considering it would be smaller strings of text for each user, maybe 30-60 bytes each checksum? Maybe I'm just overlooking something, or I'm oversimplifying the process and I apologize if I am! :P You could also have it so server's had an option to disable or enable this feature perhaps, just in-case a server doesn't mind players backing up their saves? Anyways it's all just in theory I guess, not practice yet, so you tell me if that's possible or I'm just spewing nonsense! Thanks! :)

Edited by TheeIntrepidGamer