Leveling Electricity

Strats

Hey fellow Zomboiders! I've been experimenting with leveling up the Electricity skill and have discovered a good way to level the skill even if you are not an Electrician. Normally, dismantling electronics like radios and TVs grants about 0.5 experience if you did not take Electrician or Engineer. However, if you read the Guerilla Radio magazine for Makeshift Radios, you gain the ability to craft radios. These grant more than double the amount of experience that dismantling will give; about 1.25. Just thought I'd share this, since leveling Electricity in vanilla gameplay can be a pain.

27 minutes ago, RobertJohnson said:

It's like a real great pain to lvl up Electricity? :/

I can increase the XP gained maybe... I don't want it to be grindy and painfull to lvl up.. Specially in solo!

I think its just because there are no books to increase the XP modifier. Like carpentry is a pain until you find the first book, then it's not bad at all.

2 hours ago, RobertJohnson said:

It's like a real great pain to lvl up Electricity? :/

I can increase the XP gained maybe... I don't want it to be grindy and painfull to lvl up.. Specially in solo!

Its long and pointless. I think that lvl 5 is the last one that adds new stuff to craft.

1 hour ago, RobertJohnson said:

I thought i added books already... Meh.

MAAASSHHH I NEED MORE ICONS! :D

Psst what about foraging and 1st aid books :-D

Yes, books would be awesome. Sadness is wept for their loss. :-( This method does work if you're dedicated though, as I'm almost at Lvl. 2 Electricity already with no previous points in. However, I do think that either more stuff should dismantlable (laundry machines, lamps, etc) or we should get more experience per dismantle or craft.

Edited by Strats
Additional thoughts.

1 hour ago, Zorak said:

Its long and pointless. I think that lvl 5 is the last one that adds new stuff to craft.

Psst what about foraging and 1st aid books :-D

Lvl 5 is still takes time. Electrical is useful for moveables too. Just off memory: 1=lights, 3=fridges and stoves, 4=security monitors and industrial oven 

3 hours ago, RobertJohnson said:

I thought i added books already... Meh.

MAAASSHHH I NEED MORE ICONS! :D

Yayyyyy!! And it's that easy 

• 2 weeks later...

Kind new here, but this interests me a lot

In my singleplayer i can't afford being an eletrician, so it's kind of a pain in the *** if i want to move some big forniture around.

So a book for eletrical will be great.

Some books for first aid and forage will also be great to the game, the other skills don't need books, but this 3 centainly do.

Also, if the devs thinks this will get the game too easy, I suggest some requirements for some actions.

For example in first aid: Splint = 1 stiching = 2 or 3 (this can be deadly i know, but i certainly don't know hot to do it properly in real life)

And for eletrical: mini fridge, microwave and lamps =1 build radios = 2,  moving big eletrical = 3 or 4, dismantle big eletrical furniture (TVs, fridges, laundry machines,  = 5 or 6

And forage i think it's already really hard for me kkkkkkkkkkkkk

Sorry for the english, greetins from Brasil.

54 minutes ago, RobertJohnson said:

Already added the books, gonna add the forages too, good idea :)

And your English is damn good! (for a French... So yeah, don't mind me...)

Thanks RJ!

Looking foward to the next build...

Kind of off-topic, but metalworking is also coming in the next build?