How to use the modloader

RobertJohnson

• 4 weeks later...

I've been trying to download mods. When I start the game I go to check the mod in the modloader. I click it and it shows the green check. I then play the game but no mods work like there are none installed so I don't know what to do. If anyone could help me thank you

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I have no idea what I am doing wrong here, but this will not override the vanilla duct tape. The only difference is that mine has many more uses (20 rather than 4).

I am a complete idiot, missing loads of commas, and I was literally editing the wrong file.

• 3 weeks later...

How exactly would one go about distributing a new item into the game? Do I need a distribution script or lua? I successfully added an item by modifying the base SuburbsDistributions.lua but would like to make it a less invasive process. For all intents and purposes let's choose the spawn location as a house stove since they're always empty and easy to find. 

How exactly would one go about distributing a new item into the game? Do I need a distribution script or lua? I successfully added an item by modifying the base SuburbsDistributions.lua but would like to make it a less invasive process. For all intents and purposes let's choose the spawn location as a house stove since they're always empty and easy to find. 

You'll need to do a new lua file and add as follows:

require "Items/SuburbsDistributions";MoreFoods = {}table.insert(SuburbsDistributions["conveniencestore"]["fridge"].items, "MoreFoods.GroundBeef");table.insert(SuburbsDistributions["conveniencestore"]["fridge"].items, 3);table.insert(SuburbsDistributions["conveniencestore"]["shelves"].items, "MoreFoods.Rice");table.insert(SuburbsDistributions["conveniencestore"]["shelves"].items, 2);table.insert(SuburbsDistributions["conveniencestore"]["shelves"].items, "MoreFoods.Spaghetti");table.insert(SuburbsDistributions["conveniencestore"]["shelves"].items, 2);table.insert(SuburbsDistributions["conveniencestore"]["shelves"].items, "MoreFoods.PastaSheet");table.insert(SuburbsDistributions["conveniencestore"]["shelves"].items, 1);

In the first [] box is the location, in the second is the container type and then you add the item module and item name separated with a dot. On the second row it's the same with the chance of spawning the item which you just defined.

This is the fastest and most used way of adding items.

EDIT: horrible typo :shock:

You'll need to do a new lua file and add as follows:

require "Items/SuburbsDistributions";MoreFoods = {}table.insert(SuburbsDistributions["conveniencestore"]["fridge"].items, "MoreFoods.GroundBeef");table.insert(SuburbsDistributions["conveniencestore"]["fridge"].items, 3);table.insert(SuburbsDistributions["conveniencestore"]["shelves"].items, "MoreFoods.Rice");table.insert(SuburbsDistributions["conveniencestore"]["shelves"].items, 2);table.insert(SuburbsDistributions["conveniencestore"]["shelves"].items, "MoreFoods.Spaghetti");table.insert(SuburbsDistributions["conveniencestore"]["shelves"].items, 2);table.insert(SuburbsDistributions["conveniencestore"]["shelves"].items, "MoreFoods.PastaSheet");table.insert(SuburbsDistributions["conveniencestore"]["shelves"].items, 1);

In the first [] box is the location, in the second is the container type and then you add the item module and item name separated with a dot. On the second row it's the same with the chance of spawning the item which you just defined.

This is the fastest and most used way of adding items.

EDIT: horrible typo :shock:

Maybe I'm missing something because I can't get it to work.

[VwSSuburbsDistributions.lua]

require "Items/SuburbsDistributions";VwSBase = {}table.insert(SuburbsDistributions["all"]["stove"].items, "VwSBase.Hatchet");table.insert(SuburbsDistributions["all"]["stove"].items, 100); 

[VwSItems.txt]

module VwSBase{item Hatchet	{		MaxRange	=	1,		WeaponSprite	=	Hammer,		MinAngle	=	0,		Type	=	Weapon,		MinimumSwingTime	=	3,		KnockBackOnNoDeath	=	TRUE,		SwingAmountBeforeImpact	=	0.02,		Categories	=	Axe,		ConditionLowerChanceOneIn	=	30,		Weight	=	1,		SplatNumber	=	0,		PushBackMod	=	0.5,		MaxDamage	=	1,		SubCategory	=	Swinging,		ConditionMax	=	10,		MaxHitCount	=	1,		DoorDamage	=	15,		SwingAnim	=	Bat,		WeaponWeight	=	1,		DisplayName	=	Hatchet,		MinRange	=	0.61,		SwingTime	=	2.5,		MinDamage	=	0.5,		KnockdownMod	=	0,		SplatBloodOnNoDeath	=	TRUE,		Icon	=	Beer,		RunAnim	=	Run_Weapon2,        	IdleAnim	=	Idle_Weapon2,        	TwoHandWeapon = TRUE,	}}

Am I missing any brackets or is there any kind of syntax error?

Nothing that I can see... You should double check the file locations though. The lua should be in modname/media/lua (might have to be in lua/server I'm not really sure) and the script at modname/media/scripts.

That's really all I can help you with. :???:

If you'll upload the mod I could have a look at some point... but I'm a bit busy atm so don't wait on it.

Nothing that I can see... You should double check the file locations though. The lua should be in modname/media/lua (might have to be in lua/server I'm not really sure) and the script at modname/media/scripts.

That's really all I can help you with. :???:

If you'll upload the mod I could have a look at some point... but I'm a bit busy atm so don't wait on it.

Would it perhaps have to do with the fact that there are zero rolls for loot distribution in the stove? Would I have to set the rolls?

Adding this doesn't work:

table.setn(SuburbsDistributions["all"]["stove"].rolls, 5);

Or perhaps there's just something I'm not getting. I guess I'll just have to fiddle with it until I get it.

• 3 years later...

Ok, so I have a torrented version I will be buying the game when I get paid I just wanted to try out the full game before buying into it (I know I could just do the demo but I wanted to try the full thing to see how I would like it). every time I click mods it crashes have any workarounds?

Edited by ErebusDraken

• nasKo unpinned this topic