Craftable Axes

Tooks

What is this?
I got this idea from Sir.Twiggy, he always talked in his stream about how he'd love it if once an Axe is 'broken' you could remove the Axe head and make a new Axe. I liked the idea so I decided to make it. This mod ads the ability to remove the head from your Axe and craft it into a 'Makeshift Axe'. However, the Axe head does not stay sharp for ever and you may find yourself making a Blunt Axe instead.

New Recipes

Axe Handle
Requires a Plank and a Saw, The saw is not consumed in the process.

Axe Head
Requires a Fireaxe and a Saw. The saw is not consumed in the process.

Makeshift Axe
Requires an Axe Handle, an Axe Head, a nail and a hammer. The hammer is not consumed in the process.

You can remove the head from a Makeshift Axe also, giving you a Worn Axe Head, this can be used to make a Worn Makeshift Axe. Repeating the process again gives you a Blunt Axe.

What This Mod Adds

• 3 Types of Axe Heads
  • Craftable Axe Handles
  • A Makeshift Axe (degrades slightly faster than the Fireaxe)
  • A Worn Makeshift Axe (Degrades faster than the fireaxe and deals slightly less damage}
  • A Blunt Makeshift Axe (Considered a blunt weapon, no longer using the Blade skill. Deals less damage and degrades faster than a Fireaxe)

How to Install

Drag and drop entire your project zomboid folder. When you've launched the game select 'Mods' and double click this mod so it shows a small green tick on it. Restart your client and you're good to go.

9imzGsV.png

• 5 months later...

We should be able to craft a grinding stone, some wood a rock and a belt or sheet would be cool, so as to sharpen the axe back up. to balance it should make noise, require high carpentry, and possibly only have a limited number of sharpening times.

Love the idea already!!