Why does everyone hate dubstep?

Killer21334

Okay I know I'm probably going to get ALOT of flack for this, but I just want to know, why does everyone hate dubstep so much?
I mean it's just a different genre of music, I understand disliking a particular musician because their music is unappealing or perhaps even harming a genre, by why hate an entire genre? And I don't mean just dislike, many people literally hate dubstep, it just seems a bit uncalled for.

Didn't a similar situation happen with rock during the 20th century? Where people absolutely hated rock, and said it was "the devils music" and that it's the worst atrocity against music ever committed? And rock turned out just fine, amazing even, so why not give dubstep a try?
Oh well just my two cents, you can start calling me a tasteless idiot now.

For a music genre, it is pretty terrible. It's repetitive, mostly unoriginal and meaningless. Once the novelty has worn off, it gets pretty boring very fast. In my opinion at least. Rock is none of these things. There's many rock songs that affect people lives and people listen to in nostaligica, can't ever imagine that as a dubstep song.

Most genres get a lot of hate when they first start off, I'm sure in 20 years dubstep and other electronic genres will branch off into other genres, and likely the majority of all our music will be electronic. Plus some people might think this is too drastic of a change for music. We go from guitars to programs for our music? Although, despite all the hate, it is doing really well for a new genre. Appearing in the 1990's and coming out as one of the most well known genres out there (save for rock, country, rap, and all those other genres that basically everyone knows of)

• 6 years later...

Ontogenesis I highly disagree with you. Some dubstep is repetitive but dubstep has involved over the years and way less of it is repetitive. Dubstep can have deep emotions packed in it and I can say that dubstep has made an EXTREMELY good impact on my life. Dubstep is an entire genre. It’s a subgenre of EDM. EDM is the name for all electronic music. There are many subgenres to EDM. Electro, Melodic Electro, Dubstep, Trap, Drumstep, DnB (Drum and Bass), Moombahton, Techno, Hardstyle, Hardcore, Happy Hardcore, Speedcore, Happy Speedcore, Glitch Hop, House, Deep House, Big Room House, Progressive House, Tech House, Future House, Wubstep, Electro Swing, Midtempo, Downtempo, Uptempo, Future Bass, Trance, UK Garage, Eurodance, Tropical House, Ambient, Trip Hop, IDM, Goa Trance, Brostep, Riddim, Briddim, and more

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
On 9/29/2013 at 5:44 PM, Ontogenesis said:

For a music genre, it is pretty terrible. It's repetitive, mostly unoriginal and meaningless. Once the novelty has worn off, it gets pretty boring very fast. In my opinion at least. Rock is none of these things. There's many rock songs that affect people lives and people listen to in nostaligica, can't ever imagine that as dubstep.

For a music genre rock is pretty sad boring and depressing cause it's the same rhythym guitars keyboards and drums all the time.  What other instruments are there? The people who listen to it are either old or depressed. Rock is just guitars drums and some heartbroken guy yelling into a mic which is pretty cringe aweful if you ask me.  Every rock song has almost the same depressing lyrics.  Rock is boring and hasn't changed a bit in the last couple decades which means its outdated and its for old people. I guess some people's ears are just too sensitive and can't handle loud sounds.  I can't imagine rock as being meaningful.