Exercising

Keshash

Hello, zomboiders!

So, while this animation work is going on I suggest to add ability to train yourself in the game. For example, push-ups and catch-ups on the bar.

As I've heard, Strength and Fitness degrades over time, but what if you are stuck on the rooftop with horde of zeds waiting outside? Right, you do push-ups. Even if you own katana and have cool dreadlocks, you still need to do push-ups (we can clearly see that in the end of 3rd season).

I offer to add something like this:

1 Push-up gives you 3 point in strength and 1.5 in fitness.

1 catch up on the bar gives you 6 points in strength and 3 in fitness, 
but requires horizontal bar and it's alot more exerting.

And, if average Joe does <insert here the number of push-ups that average Joe can do>, he receives moderate exertion moodle. If he does 1.5x push-ups, he receives high exertion moodle. And if he does 2x push-ups,he recieves highest exertion moodle. Same goes for catch-ups. 

It can be an another option to do something for long winter nights, when you don't want to sleep.  I understand that it looks kinda grindy, but if someone wants to grind, he will grind anyway. It just adds more freedom for player.

Sorry, if I said something wrong. We, khajiits don't learn English in the Elsweyr.

3 hours ago, Keshash said:

Sorry, if I said something wrong. We, khajiits don't learn English in the Elsweyr.

Hold up right there, criminal scum.

I'm actually really fond of idea, now that the new animations are almost around the corner. While we are at it, I'd suggest it also adding points not just to exhaustion, but also to sleepiness, over time. And character refusing to do any more when highest exhaustion moodle shows up. Or during first "sleepy" moodle, to balance it out without being stuck in constant "do X pushups, rest on chair, repeat".

It'll be fun to watch my character do push ups while I slouch over in my chair, mouse in one hand, slice of pizza in the other.

The main problem I see with this is people wanting to apply it to different areas, which may be a slippery slope. Will you also be able to practice swinging your bat (learn accuracy)? Practice aiming and reloading a gun without firing?

Of course, you can say yes to all these, and I would, but... yeah. Sounds like a neat idea to me, but your character should get bored if all he does is grind push ups all day.

1 hour ago, King Kitteh said:

It'll be fun to watch my character do push ups while I slouch over in my chair, mouse in one hand, slice of pizza in the other.

The main problem I see with this is people wanting to apply it to different areas, which may be a slippery slope. Will you also be able to practice swinging your bat (learn accuracy)? Practice aiming and reloading a gun without firing?

Of course, you can say yes to all these, and I would, but... yeah. Sounds like a neat idea to me, but your character should get bored if all he does is grind push ups all day.

I can already see a birth of two new traits with these:
Couch potato - refuses to exercise when bored.

Gym nut - gets a happiness boost instead of boredom during exercising. 

It's also can be tied with the weight changes in new nutrition system. Or fitness trainer proffesion.

But, yes, it needs to be boring or sleepy to balance it.

Edited by Keshash

I think we need to move away from just a tiredness and sleep moodle, and have a new one, "Sore". The soreness moodle would affect how tired your muscles are, after all, if any of you have worked out, you know sleeping doesn't help the muscles too much after a good workout. Soreness would give you reduced strength, and you wouldn't be able to work out much, and at the highest level, you wouldn't be able to work out at all.

12 hours ago, Bughunter66 said:

I think we need to move away from just a tiredness and sleep moodle, and have a new one, "Sore". The soreness moodle would affect how tired your muscles are, after all, if any of you have worked out, you know sleeping doesn't help the muscles too much after a good workout. Soreness would give you reduced strength, and you wouldn't be able to work out much, and at the highest level, you wouldn't be able to work out at all.

MORPHINE TO THE RESCUE!

You can already pickup, move, then drop logs to grind strength. It already results in becoming fatigued.

This wouldn't really add anything new, but I guess it's more plausible to do in small room when no logs are available.

I'm not against the idea since it would add depth to the game, but there currently isn't any real need.