Edit West Point Map

GuildedFury

Greetings zed annihilators! 

I'm hoping someone could help me out with editing a vanilla West Point map that I can later use on my server. I've googled for hours but have only found ancient or incomplete, incomprehensible manuals and write ups. I couldn't

I'd like to add some structures that can be 'Safehoused' and cannot be destroyed.

First things first.

1. How does one 'extract' or 'convert' the vanilla West Point map as a file. What format should this file be?

2. What are some of the top map editing tools(programs) that are used when building custom and/or editing existing maps?

4. How would one add their finished map to the server, so users could auto-download it? ( add to mods folder, Workshop, edit scripts in files, etc? )

Thank you in advance for any help. 

On 6/6/2016 at 11:26 PM, GuildedFury said:

Greetings zed annihilators! 

I'm hoping someone could help me out with editing a vanilla West Point map that I can later use on my server. I've googled for hours but have only found ancient or incomplete, incomprehensible manuals and write ups. I couldn't

I'd like to add some structures that can be 'Safehoused' and cannot be destroyed.

First things first.

1. How does one 'extract' or 'convert' the vanilla West Point map as a file. What format should this file be?

2. What are some of the top map editing tools(programs) that are used when building custom and/or editing existing maps?

4. How would one add their finished map to the server, so users could auto-download it? ( add to mods folder, Workshop, edit scripts in files, etc? )

Thank you in advance for any help. 

I have tried what your are attempting already. Give it up. The creators are the only one's who have the original files. 

TCO

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/8/2016 at 4:29 PM, TheCautiousOne said:

I have tried what your are attempting already. Give it up. The creators are the only one's who have the original files. 

TCO

Really? Man that sucks :(