Driving Cars Mod

nolanri

10 hours ago, Keshash said:

Can we merge Kerbal Space Program with Project Zomboid? :-D

Great job, but there is no airports in the game. Where would you find them? And aren't they too OP? 

Dialog in multiplayer:

"- Joe, zombies chasing us, get on the plane!

- Ok, Joe, how do I use this thi~~

You survived 13 days. You killed 50 zombies."

Not hard to use, but hard to land. It took me like 7 tries to make that video with a good landing, one time I crashed into the trees and exploded. you have to turn very gradually or you will lose your speed and start to go down.  If you dont have a good idea where you want to land before you take off your probably gonna kill yourself, or find yourself injured in the middle of a forest somewhere.

Loving this mod and can't wait to find the plane and tank to try them out as well :D Thanks once again for all your amazing work on this :)

After the plane and tank however I do have to ask, any plans to add boats to the mix (maybe found on docks and coastal tiles)?

I still think it would be awesome to take a boat out for fishing and limited travel down the river :)

It gets better and better! 

Also, Nolan, maybe I'm a slowpoke, but in every video when your character is surrounded by hordes of zombies he comments about how much he doesn't like them and asks some questions. What mod adds that?

19 minutes ago, Keshash said:

It gets better and better! 

Also, Nolan, maybe I'm a slowpoke, but in every video when your character is surrounded by hordes of zombies he comments about how much he doesn't like them and asks some questions. What mod adds that?

iirc, it's called "let me speak", i bet he uses it because it allows him to write in chat even though he's playing single player, wich is pretty nice.

this last update is really nice, but i hate to ask again if people will be able to jump in the same car or not in multiplayer, that's pretty much the most important pieace for me. if it's a yes it will be on my server in no time as soon as it's out, if it's a no i'll have to study a way to compensate that

Maybe we can kindly ask the devs if they can provide a method for the IsoWorldInventoryObject  class such as setPosition(newX, newY)
though I understand this could be more difficult then it sounds as these world inventoy objects are relative to what square they exists on.  So if thats too much to ask, I can live with just a setTextureOffset(newX, newY) method so I can just change the offset of the car Until it moves onto a different square. This would reduce my item drop and pickup command spamming by like 80% which should fix the problems experienced in MP.  What do you say devs?

2 hours ago, EnigmaGrey said:

Have you considered drawing the texture directly on screen instead of using IsoWorldInventoryObject?

I have looked at all the texture classes and tried to make my own texture from a file but in the end could not get that to work. I would need a point in the right direction to spend anymore time trying that.  Though this would not be so different efficiency wise than simply changing the offset of the WorldInventoryObject...until it moves onto a new square and only then use remove fromsquare and addtoworld.  And as a plus, using / moving the worldinventoryobject means the container is accessable while driving. Removing that feels like a step backwards in progress.

But though WorkdInvetoryObject has xoffset,yoffset,zoffset, which are applied when using AddWorldInventoryItem, to my surpise there is no method available to "set" these offsets. 

Edited by nolanri

• 2 weeks later...