Driving Cars Mod!

nolanri

I could use someones help with some questions. I want to figure out how to hide the player while driving so its like hes IN the car. And lastly make it so the car crushes zombies it runs into. To kill the zomies i hit I just need help with a way to kill a zombie with his MovingObject class. i can already detect all the moving objects i collide with just dont know how to KILL the moving object i hit if its a zombie. someone help plz

Wow, that looks promising!

A few ideas for improvement:

• A fitting 3D model for that car would definitely make it go from nice to awesome
  • About the zombie killing, I have no clue. Maybe make that car act like a weapon, inflicting enough damage to one-hit-kill zeds when there's a collision?
  • If you want to hide the player... I have no clue if what I'm thinking is doable at all, but here's an idea. When you put clothes on, I think it makes the game refresh the player model so it fits what clothes are being worn. Maybe you can make it so when you "equip" the car, it refreshes the model to turn it into somehting so tiny you wouldn't see it, or into the same model but with transparent texture, or into no model at all if it's only possible.
  • Don't forget to add player damage in case of full-speed encounter with... let's say, a wall.

Good job so far!

1 hour ago, Zorak said:

I hope it wont end like the NPC mod ;-)

Well i definitely wnt to add it to Hydrocraft. We still have to work out some bugs. But I could see it being used for other things like a driveable Covered Wagon (Hay Powered!). :D

Now we just need help with some art. Since the car in the video that Nolan used is from google images and probably copyrighted.

Edited by Hydromancerx

I dont want to complain but tree collision would be nice. Also afaik that main issue with cars is map streaming in MP.

Right now most servers have problems with it when you run as adrenaline junkie fitness instructor.

I hope that TIS will deal with it coz its my most anticipated feature after animations.

For maps I have mods

For NPCs I have multiplayer

For cars I have nothing

someone help with this lua:

for i=0, closeobjects:size()-1 do                            
                        if(closeobjects:get(i):isZombie() == false) then
                            closeobjects:remove(i); -- I WANT TO REMOVE THESE NON ZOMBIE OBJECTS FROM THIS ARRAY OF OBJECTS
                        end                                                    
                    end

but the ":remove(i)" doesnt work how i thought it would

3 hours ago, Blasted_Taco said:

i dont want to see this die like the NPC mod or Dog mod, i need this so much

I don't think it will. Any even if it did. I think the community could recreate it. Its using the teleportation code on a bag (which looks like a car). And teleporting it a very short distance. Honestly I am not sure why this has not been done before. Pure genius! Nolan rocks! :D

8 hours ago, Hydromancerx said:

Nolan rocks! :D

I agree!

Is a very clever way to work around the game like that, i will keep a very close eye on this mod, the main reason i dont ever use map packs of the community is because is a pain in the ass travel one city to the other.

Nice! Glad you got the Jeep working. The "driver" may need to be edited out though. Also trees should at the very least sow down the car. When working on the pillars for HC, Yoss found some code that the trees use to slow down players when they pass through them. Perhaps your car could slow down when passing through trees.

Amazing work! Well done :D

The second video really shows off how many details you've put into this :)

As stated by others above, I'd love to see the car take damage from collisions (even zombies) if possible. Running into a few zombies or a large pack should K.O. your ride pretty quickly (depending on speed) in my opinion :P

Anyway, again, great work here :D