nasKo

If you're gonna do weapon lights(i've seen em working in mods), some suggestions for 90's period correct stuff(I actually used some of these on the job when they were new! man I feel old...)

• laser products(now surefire) 633R Released in 1980's but popular well into the 90's. (airsoft but real deal light, hard to find pics of these crusty old things...) this was the beretta 92 version though they also had the 610R for the m1911, though sadly doesnt look like we are getting a clone of the grandaddy american .45 semi auto. :(
  • laser products 318  for shotguns of 80's vintage but popular well into even the 00's, though it would have held a vintage light not like depicted(easy to superimpose in photoshop for ref)
  • laser products 650 UTLS universal and could serve well as a light for all the rifles, also 80's vintage - also popular well past its release.

Sorry for double post, it wouldn't let me edit again, and seems the servers are acting weird(backend fetch errors).

Edited by zomboid123

On 5/28/2016 at 11:19 PM, zomboid123 said:

if I had one criticism to level, and I do because I'm an incessant pedant, the pistol red dot sight is really anachronistic for 1993. red dot sites on pistols got their start in IPSC a few years down the road and even then it was the rifle sized cmore serendipity on a drilled and tapped mount, not something you want to lug around in a holster. The kind of red dot sight you have modeled was not even an imaginable thing in 1993.

Would it be a safe suggestion to just keep the model but just call the sight something else? Like just "Optic"?

There is no actual red dot anyways (at least for the time being) so it could be a reasonable compromise without having to take it out of the game.

• 1 year later...
On 25.05.2016 at 11:49 AM, martingee said:

I'll have to check with the guys but I didn't model a silencer because, chances are, "vanilla" PZ won't have them. There is a mod though that adds silencers (http://undeniable.info/pz/SilencerMod.php :) ).

Lasers and iron sights haven't been taken out; I didn't model a version with those attachments because visually they wouldn't look a whole lot different whereas a red dot scope sits quite prominently on top. 

PZ can have silencers,just not overpowered ( "pew-pew" sound like in the movies )