Best Safehouse?

Elety

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At least you still have your safe house stash. I'm sure that's way more than you'd have been carrying.

I was just thinking that if anyone ever actually did, like IRL, what I'm doing with my character, the way he's living, they'd have the worst perma-diarrhea ever. He's been eating nothing but berries for like 2 months. Supplemented occasionally with a bag of chips and a lolipop. That'd just be brutal on the system.

On top of being under all the stress of living in a situation where you're just terrified all the time. It'd be so rough on the human body.

Sorry. I'm not trying to be lewd or anything. It's just something that's hard to not consider.

I chose the middle building in the logging complex, and inside the building I chose the little room with those shelves in the top left corner. The road leading out of the complex, that's towards the top right/north east, is where I gathered a crapload of berries. I have enough berries in the room for 1 month of food, eating 2 berries a day. I have enough non-perishables + spoiled food that I can make soup with, to last me another 2-4 weeks.

I am currently surrounded by at least 3 hordes. All the windows are broken and a couple of the doors, and I'm hoping they finish the nearest exterior door pretty quickly because it will provide me with enough wood for a rain collector barrel. I got over to the other side of the building and got 4 planks from a door over there, then went back to the room and climbed out that little window just outside of it to set up one barrel, but I'm gonna need as many as possible. At the moment, short term, my biggest issue is water, long term it'll be food. if they continue to surround the complex it means no more berries. D:

Might start a new play through tonight as its been a few weeks since i last played. This time I'm going to try and make a fort at the 'alive inside' building if its as cool as it looks on the inside as it does on the outside.. so I'm assuming there is somewhere to sleep in there? I haven't tried crafting furniture such as a bed...(is that even possible yet?) Guess I could always use a tent..

There are couches and chairs to sleep on in there. The kitchen would probably be your best bet, because it has all the amenities and 2 exits. I just went over there for the first time yesterday. I had an odd problem with zombies in the upstairs of that particular building. The room with the stairs was the only one in the building that had zombies in it, and when I tried to clear them out a couple got stuck against the entrance to the stairwell from the top. I tried sneaking up and hacking away with my axe and the game was making sounds like I was connecting, both the thuds, and the zombies were vocally reacting, but nothing was really coming of it. I probably hit the one that was standing closest to the stairs 15 times with an charged axe and he kept coming. So I decided to just try to push my way up there to see what the situation was, but every time I tried I was suddenly grappling with one and had another couple on deck for it, so I just gave up. Not sure if that's an issue with the room's set up, or if I just got unlucky or what.

So, after dieing many times on a single save file, I decided to make change things up - make a campsite deep into a forest where zombies can't find me. So, 3 dead characters later, I made a tent kit, a campfire and grabbed a trovel for farming. I headed into the woods, where I think I can be alone. I set up my tent, my campfire and 4 plots of land planted with cabbages and potatoes. I also made a rain collector barrel so I don't run out of water. 5 days in, no zombie activity.

Just thought I'd share this story, it's not much but for now it's one of my most successful safehouses yet.