Best Safehouse?

Elety

1. No, you can read them only on the appropriate skill level, as you have been using.

2. There are indeed more skill books than the two.(beginner, intermediate, advanced, expert and master as mentioned) They are just more rare. And hasn't been long since they got implemented...

3. I can't say there would be any specific building or anything like that. Just go through all of the book shelves.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks. That's what I thought. I feel like I remember my character saying something to the effect of "this is too complicated" when trying to read outside my skill level in the past.

Yeah I guess I'll just keep looking. It just takes so long without it. I just built a wall around my entire safehouse and fully barricaded maybe half of it, and I'm still only at 600ish of 1500. I'd ultimately like to build something up off the ground, but I can't until I can build stairs. The sheet ropes still aren't working right? My other thought was to build an evelated platform out my second story window that leads out over a couple walls and then opens up, so if my building gets over run I can hop out the window, walk over where the horde would most likely be, and drop down past it. I could always just take the 1 story drop worse case scenario. He'd surivive it and still be able to run away I'm sure.

It depends what version you play, they are implemented in 2.9.9.17 at least (steam beta)  You have to read them a few times to get the full multiplier (x18).  The books are on my priority scavenge list.  I never build walls until I have at least level 4 carpentry so if you don't have anything else to build just saw logs.

Location of my "safehouse" in my current game. Will upload a couple of screenies if I get a chance:

http://pzmap.crash-override.net/#0.5614756030830854,0.2812505528246493,28.48752475170611

(clyde)

The lumber yard? Interesting choice, I didn't even know there was fridge or somewhere to sleep there, or maybe you are the camping type ?

I might just eat my own words when you post that screenshot of a 10 story HQ you build on top of the whole yard :D

I've been forced into the life of a nomad by the overly aggressive zombie hordes running up my ass where ever I stay ...

Am I angry at the zombie hordes? noohh.. what? nah its not like that, get out of here silly you...

My favourite is the nw warehouse. I like it cause it big and full of boxes to explore and has several possible exits.
I have played this several time and everytime i have found
- shotgun
- pistol
- axe
- sledghammer

and lots of building supplies in crates. It is also nice and close to the logging facility that also has tons of crates.

In this particular game I was trying to build a farm so build an outdoor extension. (please excuse the pink wall i wanted to see what painting was like). I also drew purple shapes (they are supposed to be squares but you will see my drawing sucks) around the doors I built for my extended entrance.

I have also left one of the other doors unbarred but have not built an extended entrance for it yet.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2akehdhdmohr5de/pz.jpg

I actually did not realise till i was reading the forum today that when you die you can restart the game with a new character on the same map. It used to be that when you died your saved game would be saved as you dead so was useless and I thought that was still the case so thought you had to start over each time.....I think I prefer having to start over tbh, for me one of the things I like about the game is you have 1 go out getting all your supplies and building a base and once you mess up thats it start over, I dunno if I like the idea of getting to start with your old base still there!

One question i did have is about rope ladders out windows, i remember doing this in previous games maybe Desura or before, but I could not seem to do it this time. I was boxed in by zombies and tried to escape out the window but my rope ladder failed me!

My favorite is that house on the right of the road across from the neighborhood. Pretty easy to fortify and easy to protect, plus if I just keep quiet and stuff zombies don't even bother coming at me. Even if they do they will be met with this.

Knife_Chopping.png

Also, this is the place.

http://pzmap.crash-override.net/#0.5932574596948602,0.3250114268832264,242

Glad someone finally said NW warehouse... that one wins for me,sometimes  Mccoy lumber (safehouse in the building, use the log field to disperse hordes following...), and sometimes the bar at the south end (fun to hole up there or the "alive inside" building , there not as defensible, but very fun). annnd just for kicks, fortify the heck out of the medical building and see how long you last- thats my favorite suicde deathwish safehouse ;)

Its near that bar at the south part of the map in my game now im hold up in the bar and I went to those two warehouses found everything I needed but a axe and only 80 nails so im gonna go check that building out soon it looks like a warehouse so im hoping to find a axe and more nails....

is it one of these? http://pzmap.crash-override.net/#0.5174049955113432,0.3475684029386518,34.83635020344524

I'm in the southern bar myself right now. You might find an axe in one of the southern buildings, or the eastern building in the locations I just posted. The one in the east is tough to deal with though. The whole time I've been using the southern bar across multiple games, I've only ever gotten in there once, because there are always large groups in the area, and the only way in is doors that are almost always locked and alarmed.

I've been tackling that particular problem in a totally different way from the bar, that you might find to work a bit better for you. It does require some risk, and a good days investment. Although once you've done it you'll probably want to keep doing it, so it'll become several days. Walk out your front door in the bar and follow the road to your left, around to the gas station and diner to the west of the bar. Here: http://pzmap.crash-override.net/#0.4919308731757141,0.3589535879210177,30.098606575776678

From there take the main road north and start sneaking once you hit the restaurant north of the diner. The next building north is the police station, and there's always a lot of activity over there, so you'll want to skirt the northern edge of the road and sneak all the way from the restaurant. Just north of the restaurant, before you actually hit the police station, you'll come to this gap in the woods, http://pzmap.crash-override.net/#0.48884192247246594,0.34686648233099726,74.89496471463661

Head through there, and through the field north until you hit a road, then follow it in that direction and you'll eventually hit the logging corp. That road will usually stay clear for at least the first few weeks of play, so you can use it to safely get back and forth and load yourself up with building supplies, ammo, gardening stuff, etc. There's also 3 large berry bush patches along that road. I just found another one in the woods practically right next door to the bar today too. You can even spend a night or two at the logging corp, and set yourself up an alternate safe house there, and use it as a waypoint to loot the northern parts of town, like the large warehouse. That's what I've been doing. It's nice to have options.

I usually keep on the move, making a few safe havens in the area I am in, spending my days looting and stocking the safe houses with supplies. Going in a spiralish pattern.

I usually only barricade a couple of places, the rest sheets.

My favorite safe houses are the medical clinic, the gas station (the pumps have cover, nice to be outside in the rain with views.) and the bar, it's so nice to have the bar impede zombies.

Plasticandrage here is the alive inside building Im currently at that bar as well and ive looted all the buildings you said found everything I need except and axe and not to many nails, but this looks like a warehouse so im gonna go check it out. Also that's a great idea to head to the logging corp and make another safehouse and loot the other side of town as well.

http://pzmap.crash-override.net/#0.3849731564832589,0.3394306240989572,21.7135283663015

Oh wow. I didn't see that before. They're complete buildings out there? I know I worked my way out to a group of buildings that were out on the fringes of the map in the other direction awhile ago and had some trouble interacting with them. It was like they were unfinished. I'd get close and they'd literally disappear under my circle of vision.

This is the huge berry thicket I found right near the bar yesterday, if you're interested. I know a big part of the fun is figuring out your own solutions and finding these things yourself, but I'll post it anyway.  http://pzmap.crash-override.net/#0.4789384493726021,0.3694214506591245,70.23561087103302

It's been extremely helpful in sustaining me while I wait for my farm to grow. There's a bunch more along that road I said to use to go to the logging corp too. Just be careful tramping around in the woods up there, because the groups that like to hang out on the main road will hear you in there and start working their way through the trees if you're not quiet while you're hunting for them.

I'm on my way out to that building to check it out for myself right now. Thanks for the tip.

The best safehouse I've had so far was the warehouse. If you're lucky, you won't see zombies at all probably until 20 days - 1 month in the game. If you're lucky, you also won't see huge hordes everywhere until day 2 :/  (Boy I can't wait until hordes and zombies get worked on) But basically, once you're in the game at least one month, EVERYWHERE has a horde. Even places outside the town, and tight little roads surrounded by trees. Your only option is to take what is most important and run far away to a new home (but quietly) if you can. Eventually you'll have to run again to a new home, but that may be a problem because you'll find road blockage from hordes. It's even dangerous to go into trees. I've survived only for a month and a week. I can't imagine how bad it would be to survive for a year.

Alright 2 questions I was coming back from alive inside and I looked at the map and decided to cut through the forests to get back to the bar, big mistake a few zombies found me and started to eat I got sick eventually got a fever and died right near that gas station so angry, had all that loot... Can I go back to my body and get all the stuff on a new character? I know my safehouse will still be ther eall the stuff and sheets on windows. And also what do the berry bushes look like?-

I think I remember reading that when you die your body won't be there if you return to the same world. I'm not positive though, because I haven't tried it since the old builds, so somebody else would be better suited to answer that question with more accuracy.

The berry bushes look like this. http://pzmap.crash-override.net/#0.4790123392977513,0.3689612758533859,209.72241029113067

All the plants in there that aren't trees. The ones that are the lighter shades of green, and different shades of brown. The big giveaway if you're out hunting for them is that they'll highlight when you move your pointer over them, the way that containers do. You can also try walking around with your search inventory set to stay opened, because when you get near them the shelves icon will appear.

I just got back from my trip out there and it was money. I found a few nice non-perishables, like some pop and lolipops, and then filled my inventory with nails. The real score was finding all those berries though. They're close enough to my safe house that I can make trips out there and back in less than a full day, for the most part anyway, and there's just so many. I found at least 4 different thickets full of them right along the more eastern of the two roads. I'm sure there's more along the other road too. It's enough food that as long as I can keep myself in water that I won't have to worry about food for months.

Also don't forget when you go out hunting for them that perishables go bad eventually. They won't if you leave them on the bushes though. Meaning you'd be best served taking only what you need, making note of where the thickets you found are, and coming back later when you need more. I generally will fill my inventory, which ends up being like 90 or so per trip, and just leave the rest. If you take more than that you're just going to end up with a fridge full of rotten berries and no more berries to pick.