Singleplayer Used Worlds

dannyisdude

So, it would be cool to see an option in single player that lets you use the save of another. Essentially, when you die in single player in a default world (Initial infection, or The First Week), you should get the option to upload your save. This will upload your save from after you died to probably the workshop. Then, people who play Six Months Later, or Sandbox (starting out after a player died), should have the option to pick up another player's save. So a random save from a dead player is taken, eroded for 6 months or however long in sandbox, and you start off like normal in this new save. This would be cool, as you could find a the player, and the consequences of that survivor's action can affect your survival. This could also make it worth while to write in notebooks and journals as well. As you could find the dead survivor's notes and things. I explained my idea pretty badly, but I hope you can understand what I'm trying to say.

Edited by dannyisdude

• 1 year later...
On 5/21/2016 at 7:00 AM, dannyisdude said:

So, it would be cool to see an option in single player that lets you use the save of another. Essentially, when you die in single player in a default world (Initial infection, or The First Week), you should get the option to upload your save. This will upload your save from after you died to probably the workshop. Then, people who play Six Months Later, or Sandbox (starting out after a player died), should have the option to pick up another player's save. So a random save from a dead player is taken, eroded for 6 months or however long in sandbox, and you start off like normal in this new save. This would be cool, as you could find a the player, and the consequences of that survivor's action can affect your survival. This could also make it worth while to write in notebooks and journals as well. As you could find the dead survivor's notes and things. I explained my idea pretty badly, but I hope you can understand what I'm trying to say.

I think this is an excellent idea :) 

1 hour ago, NebNebber said:

I usually keep a journal in SP, at the end of every month i write down what has happened, in a role play style, finnish up with a bottle of Whisky. It would be cool to leave behind somethig for others to enjoy, this is a great idea for thoses who want to share their SP experience.

I do something similar, and I've always thought it was a shame that no one would share the experience in SP.