Calendar/clock - paper interaction

sumguy720

Calendars/clocks?   

15 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think this would make PZ cooler?

• Yes! Needing a clock and calendar is a great idea!
    • Yeah, but I don't think the calendar needs to be marked manually, that's too tedious!
    • Sort of. I like the clock idea, but the calendar seems like too much.
    • Nah, I want the time and date to be visible at all times... and dates.
    • Other (please post!)

I hope this is a planned feature for the sake of it being a cool feature, but I also hope it isn't for the sake of this post's validity.

Anyway, I was hoping for two three things that sort of don't lead to one another.

1. That the time and date would not be shown in the upper right corner.
  2. That the player could start with a watch or would have to have one to see the time of day, which would actually be seen only when the watch is examined.
  3. That the player would have to keep track of the days by
    A. Looking at a digital clock with date or
    B. Marking days on a calendar

Marking dates on a calendar would require the calendar to store that info, I know this is kind of a big deal, but I don't exactly know all the details as to why.

BUT, if you could store marks on a calendar it would also be cool if you could store text in a notebook etc. which is sort of a half hearted extra bonus suggestion.

wrist-watch-spy-camera.jpg

We had a watches thread in the old forum but I'm filled with lazy and don't want to find it. It's a good idea- I said the same thing, that you should see a "rough" time estimate in the top right if you don't have a watch and aren't near a clock (just a sun/moon symbol that would be invisible when overcast as well). You could wear a watch that has a random battery life, or stand near enough a clock (whose batteries could be replaced) to see the actual time appear.

Some kind of personal journal as a craft item from an empty notebook and other items like a pen and maybe a binder? Upgrade it with a calender you found or made to keep track of the days that have passed and various ongoing events. The months themselves don't have to be accurate or even used at all. So long as it indicates what time of year it feels like and how long your character expects it to last.

If you're in a group, you could also use it to keep track of your allies and their personalities and what skills they bring to the table or what their current task is. Maybe have a gardening section for people with high skill levels in farming that keeps track of the crops and updates every time you do field work (or have a "survey the field" option as a performable action when near the garden).

• 3 months later...

I like this idea too.

I had something in my mind, as I'd read the post In the old forum.

I thought of the german game "Realm of Arkania", where you only saw a day and night cycle.

I've made some textures for something like that.

It could be there, where the digital clock is.

And if the character has a watch, so the clock is visible again.

Here are some examples (I think, the motiv is well known.):

Dawn: Dawn.png

Highnoon: highestSun.png

After Dusk: AfterDusk.png

Midnight: midnight.png