Hosting an Option From Ingame Now?

TheCautiousOne

So I booted up the game today after months and months of waiting. There is a host option now in the main menu (34.27 Version) Steam. 

Can I now just host from the game instead of running my own server? I can invite friends from the hosted game? Do my friends need to have anything set in particular on their side (Ports, etc? ) 

TCO

It's basically for small groups of steam friends. You host, and you can even change server settings from within the game. Then you press "ESC" and invite your steam buddies from within the server. That's it. Simplicity itself.

EDIT: and this is coming from someone who never could quite figure out how to get a server working, and yes I tried everything under the sun.

Edited by critical jim

6 minutes ago, critical jim said:

It's basically for small groups of steam friends. You host, and you can even change server settings from within the game. Then you press "ESC" and invite your steam buddies from within the server. That's it. Simplicity itself.

EDIT: and this is coming from someone who never could quite figure out how to get a server working, and yes I tried everything under the sun.

That's Awesome. My friends will be stoked. I ran my own server but after a couple updates I could never get them to connect again. I would be more than happy to try again now. 

TCO